User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Muscle Growth affect performance?

Hey guys,

I have been playing badminton like a madman for the pass two years. Playing at least 3-4 times of 2 hour session per week besides other sports like martial art and swimming. Recently, I've noticed that there's growth of muscle more to the biceps and slightly to the triceps. I also feel that there is less flexibility lately so i wonder if muscle growth is the cause. Would continuous muscle growth affect my badminton performance later on? By the way, i do not take any substance that enhances my performance or increase the muscle growth i.e. protein powder (no no to that ). If you wouldn't mind, please share your experience and better if there's advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for me, my muscles have been growing steadily these past 2 years as well. And i dunno but i actually feel much faster and stronger than before, not to mention more confident but thats different thing :P.

I read somewhere about a myth that having muscle will slow you down due to being 'musclebound' however, it rebutted that saying that having muscles will give you more explosive force. That IS what its for after all. Our body knows best, it wouldn't be building muscle if its bad for us (taking that you get your muscle from sports that build your whole body).

If your body is disproportionate cause you concentrate on specific parts of the body..Well thats a different case. Ive met people who have weak legs but strong upper body and it tires them faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah they don't. I lift weight (alot) and play bad 3 times a week and speed increasement is due to plyometrics and certain weight training.