Team Indonesia in Philippine Open

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by badMania, May 15, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MS and MD -- not confirmed yet
    WS -- Adrianti Firdasari, Fransisca Ratnasari
    WD -- Jo Novita/Greysia Polii, Lita Nurlita/Nathalia Poluakan, Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti
    XD -- Mohd Rizal/Greysia Polii

So, Richard Mainaky (coordinator for WD and XD now) has decided to split Endang and Rizal, and instead pair Rizal with Greysia and Rani (who lost her partner) with Endang. Also heard that Richard is going to split the other 2 XD pairs: Anggun Nugroho is now going to be paired with Vita Marissa, and Devin Lahardi with Yunita Tetty.

I hope the WS players and at least Jo/Greysia could at least reach the quarter-final and semi-final respectively.

2. zia.ufrida

zia.ufrida Regular Member

I have read this from Bola. But I don't know about Vita/Anggun And Teti/devin yet. Where did you get this news from?

3. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Any idea about the draw for the Philipine Open and also Indonesia Open?

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

More news...

Djarum, the famous badminton club in Indonesia, also sends out some players to the PO. From Bolanews, it's reported that Eng Hian has been paired out with Rian Sukmawan (also former Pelatnas). This pair will definitely play in the PO and the subsequent IO. They have been given a target of reaching at least the quarter-final by Djarum's coach, Antonius (bronze medallist at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics).

Also, Bolanews has confirmed the changes in XD and WD as I reported earlier. The new pairs will be: Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty, Anggun Nugroho/Vita Marissa, Mohd Rizal/Greysia Polii, Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti. The new pairs are complemented by the emergence of a young pair, Lingga Lie/Yulianti. The young pair has suprisingly won the Jakarta and Thailand Satellite titles recently.

These pairs will be monitored in the upcoming 5 events, starting from Philippines Open next week and ending with the Chinese Taipei Open end of June. There is a chance each pair will be sent to at least 3 tournaments.

The only pair that survives the restructuring in XD dept is the current World and Asian Champion: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir. They should be playing in the Indonesian Open and probably 2 out of the 3 events in SG, MY, and TPE to maintain their current world ranking (no 2). One or two more titles would be nice additions to their record.

The other 2 pairs in WD: Jo Novita/Greysia Polii and Lita Nurlita/Nathalia Poluakan will also be competing in the two opens (PO and IO) and probably 1-2 more opens from the other 3. Time for them to rake in ranking points and climb up the tables. Jo/Greysia should make it to the top 10 again, while Lita/Nathalia could perhaps be in the top 20-30.

No news regarding the inclusion of the promising 2 young WD pairs (Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati and Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari) in the upcoming events (except for the fact that both will definitely be competing in Surabaya). They are both ranked in the 40s and could break into top 30 after IO.

5. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    I dont think the women will make a good move. Ina never known by its wd or ms or xd lately. Let it be

6. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

According to Koh Herry Ip, Indonesia will send Hendra AG/Joko Riyadi and Yuki/Yoga to Manila

7. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

According to Koh Herry Ip, Indonesia will send Hendra AG/Joko Riyadi and Yuki/Yoga to Manila

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good...I presume both pairs will also be sent to Chinese Taipei Open next month. If there's not much world class pairs competing in the PO, there's a chance Hendra/Joko could win their first GP title (or at least a semi-final appearance). I will also be pleased if Yoga/Yonathan can go through to the quarter-final.

9. asuncion_03

asuncion_03 Regular Member

wow!!! monsters on the house...