Skills Training..

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Darma Sucipto, May 15, 2006.

1. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

hey guys.... just a few questions..

my problem in the game (singles) nowadays is my shots and placing are too simple. i can go for almost all the shots, but the shots that i return to opponent are too simple..:crying: .. until sometimes my opponent can guess my shits and acticipate it.. do u guys know kenneth jonnasen game? yeah.. my style of game is something like his.. stamina game..

and now..i just wanna learn on how to make my shots placement becomes unpredictable and smart? for those of you who watches hafiz hashim's game at TC semifinal againts kenneth jonnasen, yeah.. i just want to learn something like hafiz's pattern of placings and shots..for those of you who knos misbun sidek when he was a player, i also want to learn his placings and skills..

but the problem is i dont know how:crying: :crying: ... can anyone suggest me what kind of skills training i need to do wether in the court or outside court? thanks for you suggestion! i appriciate it!;) ;)

2. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I think most of it comes from experience. For me, when I first started playing, I use to stumble over the placements and everything, but now, my shots are mostly automatic. My suggestion would be that you should always practice hitting shots that makes sense in a real game and it will soon become automatic.

Hope that helps :eek:

3. bd newb

bd newb Regular Member

what i do is i like to observe the player plays for a few rallys (around 2-3) so i can analyze, their shot placements and where they're weak at. (this takes time to learn) Then depending on the player your playing, in example if he's a tall player-slow player then u should formulate a strategy with more drops then clears (cuz they can smash like crazy if u clear it) , or if your against someone shorter then try to aim for the four corners more- to make them run out of breath.
    -basically alot of it is quick thinking, if you feel that someone is getting to know your strategy then tweak it a little.
    -hope this helps-

4. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
  5. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Take it easy. If your opponent can read your movement, let it be. Play for fun. Ok.

6. Carbonex_21

Carbonex_21 Regular Member

engineer
    my suggestion is;

you must start to analyze you yourself - the way you play.
    For example, try to recall last few games you had played, how many times you do smash/clear/drop/drive/netting/...in that game?let say if i am yr opponent, if i found that most of the time you would play clear, very little time only you play net or drop, before u hit, i will get ready my feet to go to the backcourt and ready for smash, because i know u r going to do clearing.
    with this in mind, you must vary and balance all the strokes unless u know your opponent weakness.

One more thing, don't afraid or shy to try something new, let say if most time of yr net return is straight court return, you can do crosscourt net return. or you can do crosscourt clear to yr opponent backcourt.

7. darenong

darenong Regular Member

as per Carbonex_21 .... try new shots .... hit to where u think it will 'stun' ur opponent or make them 'run for it' .. or u know its thier 'weak return' ... apart from that ... train for ur own stamina and strengh endlessly ! in time ull be as good as most of the players u think they ar good ... also remember to be very serious in doin it ... meaning do it and make sure u do it right !!! never give up when ur first try dont work !!! never hesitate and always be confident alert and most important ... relax ....

8. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    practice more, keep playing with different players, if you keep playing with the same player you will eventually set your placement up for out manoevering him. experience like the previous posts say

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    hehe.. that was more than 6 months ago... I'm sure by now Darma can teach us a thing or two about deception.. ;)