any racket recomendation?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by justicefan, May 15, 2006.

1. justicefan

justicefan Regular Member

hi all... i'm new here... thought of buying a new racket... however my bujet was only 100bucks.. any recommendations? i'm not very strong 16 years old and loves smashing... thanks all...

2. donchang

donchang Regular Member

i think you can get a good deal across the causeway by having 100dollar (exchange to rm 22+) is more than enough to buy you a good one. There is quite a lot of brand like Proace,wilson,prince,fleet,apacs,protech,ashways and i think you can get a good one from these few brand on your budget. There is also a shop beside the city square (komtar and a shop Permai sport also has quite a lot of racquet, or the shop near the custom/ turn left when you pass by the coffee shop and walk straight then you will see the shop is opposite the Malaysia Pool (4D) and there also has quite alot of racquet to choose from. And also a shop that mention in the forum of this page (Trip to sg open) But you need to becareful when you go there as you are young and please remember don walk on back alley, places deserted and alway look behind to see any stranger tailing you or not.

3. Qianer

Qianer Regular Member

JB angerous

not been KS
    but JB now not so safe

go see the forum so many review on rackets-view the yonex racket chart
    i tried some YangYang racket not bad leh i got the friend who trash them up so badly but never break..

now with great singapore sale get a friend with world of sports member
    can get discount for those average racket

smashing u like can try low end MP series which gives more power and value for money.

4. ultimax

ultimax New Member

Hi,

Gala Sports (the shop on the ground floor of queensway that sells only tennis and badminton equipment) has a promo for the Prince Turbo 84. It's $60, + $15 for strings, comes with free bag (big one).

Like you, I'm looking for a racquet. I'm so-so, better than beginner but not pro yet. The racquet looks good - frame quite thick, but still very light. Looks quite pro lah....but I can't find any info about the racquet online!

The guy at the shop told me it usually retails for $120+. Maybe he's just talking cock. 8 pieces left, as of Thurs evening.

Any comments on this racquet? Thanks!