ns8000 vs mp99?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by vince1234, May 15, 2006.

1. vince1234

vince1234 Regular Member

owning
    i am a singles player. i dont tihnk i hit that hard but im mainly drive clear and drop. i only smash when i have the chance to but not hard. so which racket should i get ns8000 or mp99 thanks..

2. snoopy

snoopy Regular Member

i think both rackets are excellent.

what rackets have you used before? and found good for your style?, have you had the chance to use a head light racket?

if you can borrow one or both of these rackets for a test that would be your best option.

3. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    IMO Nanospeed 8k > MP99

I've tried both before. I own one of them. I am very confident that you'll love the NanoSpeed 8000. I dare promise you, you'll enjoy it. Full confidence! It's a Superb racket. I just got mine yesterday and tried with it. Plus by your description of your kinda game style is very similar to mine. :D

Nanospeed 8000
    3uG5
    BG 80
    String at 23lbs vertical x 22lbs horizontal

Muscle Power 99
    3uG4
    BG 80
    String at 24x24lbs

The comparison, NS 8k is slightly less stiff than MP99 although describtion says it's extra stiff, it's not as stiff as the AT-700 and MP99. NS8k is used by Lee Chong Wei M'sia no.1 player and Chen Hong so far. note (Both are singles player). NS 8k's Solid feeling is just amazing from my first hit, I truly felt the difference of this racket compared to others. It was truly Love at first Hit. MP99 just a little more sluggish compared to the NS8k.

Power - IMO both can produce much power depending on your arm strength but it's easier to generate the power with the NS8k with the quick swing speed due to wind resistance tech and with it's superb balance.
    Agility - NS8k > MP99
    Control - NS 8k > MP99
    Stability - NS8k > MP99
    Durability - MP99 > NS8k

Note that the frame and the neck of the NS8k is smaller than the MP99. It gives wind resistance and its lighter no doubt but the durability is questionable. I personally haven't experience a clash so I'm still not sure about the durability but I personally feel the MP99 is more durable. I pm a guy in BC just yesterday about his NS8k, and he told me that his experience was very similar to mine when he tested it out. He owns 3 NS8k broke one at the 1 o'clock part of the frame once. But said that the newer batch of the NS8k is more solid.

Taking about Agility, stability and Control-especially, NS is much better. The Feel and the control it can deliver! I dun think I'm the only one that experience this but I guess whoever has owned a NS8k would agree that the solidity and the feel and manuverability is excellent.

Fit for mainly singles play. It states that the NS8k is head light and even balance. And it's really very well balanced. I was very sceptical about the new technology and such. I didn't even get the chance to play with the NS8k but I tried the MP99 before no doubt the MP99 is really a great racket. But the NS8k is much better for me. When my 'semi-pro' friend told me about the NS8k and describe it, I felt that this was the racket for me. And to my surprise it really deliver what I expected and even more. That's why I'm really excited and proud to say that the NS8k is really great. Is like trying a really lousy racket then suddenly switch to a really nice racket kinda feeling when I first tried my newly strung NS8k. The feeling is heavenly! I've personally Owned Wilson n90, MP22, Cab 8 Tour Sp, Fischer Pro1 FT, Prince Oversize, Prince Tripple Threat Thunder 88, and a RSL Extreme 6070. Tested: Ti-10 (New), MP99, MP66, AT-300, MP55.

I don't think this is just psychological but this racket's technology seems to have if I can say "racket intelligence". When I need it to be quick on the drives and pushes it feels like a head light racket and it's manuverability and agility is superb in defending and drives; when I'm about to smash and doing the 'swing' motion, I felt it a little heavy on the head like a head heavy racket and it really delivers great "controled power" (Compared to the Ti-10 RAW power) and more importantly the ANGLE. I find myself smashing much steeper and even my drives are going down more with more power (controled power). Note that I don't really have great wrist strength yet the power is very surprising to me. I didn't believe I could execute such smash. :eek:

To be honest a racket is a racket. In the end, is boils down to the skill. But I just wana say that this racket is AWESOME and amazing. I couldn't believe it also as I was very sceptical about the new tech. I just felt it was just marketing and selling it expensive for no reason. But come to think about it, Yonex has a reputation to keep and I think this time, they really got it good! :cool:

But I would also recommend the Ti-10 (New one) as I also tried it before. It's lighter than the old Ti-10. The Ti-10 (New) frame doesn't move at all when stringing it with high tensions compared to the NS8k, the NS8k frame moved a little. Maybe it's the way it's made to be agile but fitting (perfect harmony in string tension). The Ti-10 can produce superb raw power to smashes but slightly sluggish compared to the NS8k in the defence drive pushes part. Ti-10 titanium mesh technology is more forgiving compared to the NS8k. But still I perfer the Nanospeed 8000. I'm more a control player, prefer to use deception, drops, clears and controled smash.

*Extra Tip* The Nanospeed's gromets is just fitting and very small compared to MP99 and Ti-10. It adds to the feel of the solidity when playing with it. Not to mention the new gromets system gives good power when the birdie is nicely seated at the sweet spot.

Cheers man, hope you can test it out for yourself to taste and see the Nanospeed 8000. I will most probably get another one after paying back the debt I owe from buying my NS8k. :p

4. vince1234

vince1234 Regular Member

owning
    I have not tried either of them. But i have a Badrus Evolution 757. It is 4u, defensive racket and headlight/balance type so i guess i am used to a head light racket.

5. Infernus

Infernus Regular Member

Student
    I own a mp99, and it's a pleasure to clear and drop with. It's not an offensive racket to me, that's why I don't smash a lot when I play with it...

6. h220wnzj00

h220wnzj00 Regular Member

MP99 is a very powerful racket, but you gotta be able to use it correctly. It's definitely more powerful than the ns8k since it's more head heavy and it's got a stiffer shaft. However, it's also harder to use. Drives would be better with the ns8k because it's faster. Clears better with the MP99. On drops I'd say even. Both are very good racquets.

7. olle_whitehead

olle_whitehead Regular Member

i have two MP99's and like you i tend to use the drop shot as my main attacking shot instead of the smash and in my opinion the MP99 gives me full control of exactly where i want to place the shuttle whether it be to the middle, left or right side of the court i'm always confident i play it with my MP99 but it also has the added bonus of when you do feel its the right time to smash the MP99 gives you a great accurate smash

well thats my opinion anyway

8. IvanM

IvanM Regular Member

its a matter of preference
    but for me
    NS8000 lacks a bit of power and the feeling is too light
    ( i am used to MP99 and AT700)

9. Bad freak

Bad freak Regular Member

school
    :mad::mad::crying::):confused::cool::D

10. vince1234

vince1234 Regular Member

owning
    so nanospeed is not as good as a mp99 i am used to a head light/balanced racket. so do i still get a ns8000 or mp99

11. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Do you really want some guy on an internet forum to tell you which racket to buy?

It's all down to personal preference. If you don't like making the decision then I could make it for you; but that would be a stupid way to decide, because then you would get my personal preference, not yours.

Try them both out! Go find a racket store that offers demos, or borrow the rackets from friends.

Or, if you can't be bothered to do that, get the Mp99: it's cheaper, and a classic.

12. quach

quach Regular Member

I'm acctually using the NS8000 and I feel it's better than AT700 (maybe cause of light head). I've never tried the MP99 but this is the prefered racquet of Lin Dan (he has changed to AT700 in WC2005).
    I agree with Gollum, the choice of raquet is depend on user.
    I have just one thing to say: the NS is the newest serie of Yonex (NS9000X-S is the newest).