Prince = Fischer ???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bufung, May 17, 2006.

1. bufung

bufung Regular Member

:confused: I have a look on some Prince Racquet.. I notice that the layout of the words, the specification, the shape of the Racquet are very similar to my Fischer racquet..

Do you guy think the Fischer = Prince?? :confused:

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Fischer and Prince are too different brands without any relationship, actually they are competitors in Tennis racket market.

As I know Fischer and Prince's badminton racket are made in China, so there should be a factory getting Fischer and Prince orders as OEM projects.

I bought a Fischer Pro No.1 in previous years and it's details (small letters.....) are quite similar with my Carlton Airblade Tour, I believe they should be come from same manufacturer.

3. bufung

bufung Regular Member

I am Fischer Pro No.1 FT owner too (FT version, donno are there non-FT version or not)..

but when I look at my friend's Prince.. how the specification of the racquet been print to the racquet and also the warning (do not leave the racquet in car boot .. bla bla) and also the wording(name, model) look very similar..

Friend.. how u find Fischer Pro No1 ??

4. Slater

Slater Regular Member

which FT are you using ? i understand there are a few FT models which is separated by the color on the head of the frame. i heard the silver colour is top of the line followed by RED.

5. bufung

bufung Regular Member

@slater.. wei.. PJ guy.. me work in PJ.. :) I am using the Red one..

I never see any other type exept the one I own.. :sweat: ..

very flexible racquet.. 4U.. very light.. good for clearing,drop ball.. But I guess not powerful enough for smash.. But I just love to use it.. :D

6. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

Not powerful ??? well, i have the green one which has slightly larger hitting area than the rest, more flexible and head heavy. I find the smashing power is on par with my MP-88 :D... sometimes even better :D

7. bufung

bufung Regular Member

huh?! More powerful than a MP88??! Maybe I am still new to the racquet..

Green one.. interesting.. Schuweiz mind to post some photo??

I will try to shot some photo of it and post it up later on..

8. Slater

Slater Regular Member

I have the Red one, the blue one, and my bro is using the green one. i find the green one is good for smashing. the blue is so-so..and the red has high manouvrebility . was told the silver colour is top of the line, but they are no longer in production as the newer models are coming out. All in all, they're cheap(if compared to yonex or even wilson). what else can you expect.
    i used apacs armorpower before. bought it for RM120 per piece. What a crappy piece of racket. I broke 4 in a year. that would amount to RM480 a year. i'd rather use that money to buy 2 good and reliable racket.

9. bufung

bufung Regular Member

@slater

mind to tell how much u bought it?? I got my RM150 with bag and Yonex 66 string..

maneuverbility u mean there is great control??

the one that u broke is the apacs?? 4 in a years.. OMG!.. .. ..

RM480.. u can buy Muscle Power 66 and above oh.. .. ..

10. bufung

bufung Regular Member

trying to up load photo.. donno it work here or not..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this part is very similar to Prince.. where I saw some price racquet have the same thing..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is something special about Fischer Pro No1...
    [​IMG]

11. Slater

Slater Regular Member

your racket is fully red in colour. however mine is only red at the frame. the shaft is black in colour. so are the rest of the rackets. i think my red one cost Rm220 with string. the blue is around RM170 or Rm180. i can't remember.

12. bufung

bufung Regular Member

@Slater.. thanks for the info.. according to catalogue in the other thread, my colour scheme seem matching the catalogue..

maybe ur is different batch...

and I wonder why same model have different colour.. :x :x

I love the control of this racquet... still new.. not able to generate any good smash yet..

13. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    mine exactly same as yours, black in colour. haha....
    i bought it for rm200... i can get it more cheaper at ipoh.
    green one my fren get it for rm170.

14. RevoWithin

pharmacy undergraduate
    yathe red one... only produce moderate smashes... as i'm a smasher, sometimes i wonder did i bought wrong racket?? i should take the green wan.
    but then i'm not a very good control player, mayb this racket can shape me up... haha...

15. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

I own the GREEEEN one..... although the colour suggest that it's weird to have it on your hand, but it looks very cool with white or navy string and white or grey grip. MOST IMPORTANTLY, it's a great racquet that suits me and it's CHEAP !! :D about SMASH:eek: ?? Oh man, (for me) it's more powerful than Yonex MP-88, no kidding :cool:. Best strung with BG-66 around 25-26lbs.

16. Slater

Slater Regular Member

you're Right! the green one is in fact i think the most powerful in smashes among the other fischers. the red one sum how is bad in clears, smashes and overheads. it's only advantage is its manouvrebility and defensive capabilities. I guess its time to change racket,

where did you get it for RM200 ? in kl ?

17. RevoWithin

pharmacy undergraduate
    ya in kl.. cuz i know the guy in the shop ~~~
    in ipoh i can get rm170 for red one cuz is my ex coach that open the shop..hehe...

thinking of buying the green one la.... is it worth it???

18. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

i think i got mine for RM150-160 at kompleks pertama (no string lah), not racquet world, but a few shop down....the shop is located at the center of the row which racquet world is at the corner

19. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

RevoWithin: For Rm170, it's worth to try out the green one. However, i did not try other colours that they have for the fischer series but I am pretty sure that the one that i have(green one) is a very good racquet. :p

20. Slater

Slater Regular Member

Well if brand(e.g Yonex) doesn't matter to you and all you want is something affordable and yet good in its class then by all means go ahead. heck, what else can you get for nowadays for >RM200. oh i heard from racket world that fischer is coming out with a new model within the next few months.

I'm thinking of going back to Carlton. Still one of the best in that price range. the only problem is its durability in its previous models.:confused: