Racquet Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by yotarou, May 18, 2006.

1. yotarou

yotarou Regular Member

Hi, I'm somewhat of a beginner at badminton. I started playing last summer for my school's badminton team, and ranked for no. 5 doubles and qualified for no. 7 singles. I plan on playing for the next two years, so I need a quality racquet that will last me that long and for an OK price.

I'm extremely confused about the differences in the Yonex Muscle Power series. Maybe it's just because I'm young and naive, but it seems as though the only difference is ... weight? I don't know what people mean by tension, either, so I'm having trouble deciding on the number. I have tried out my coach's racquet, which is a Muscle Power 23 (and have enjoyed using it), but I have been to a few websites and it seems as though the higher ones are more popular/stronger.

I am an ex - tennis player, so my own muscle power is pretty good, plus with the team's conditioning and practice everyday. My strength is smashes, I do OK clears even though they are too flat, and my drops and drives are useable although they could use some work. I need to work more on control, and am mostly an offensive smasher player.

So... what should I get? And am I correct in believing that Yonex is the best brand?

2. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

I recommend you go to a/some badminton stores and ask if they'll let you try out some of the rackets...see what racket feels good and a good price range for you...
    You cant really say Yonex is the best brand...it's just popular

3. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    since u r a hard hitter n smasher,my suggestion is to go for a stiff racket.
    at a cheap price,i believe wilson n1 or n2 should b good for u.

4. yotarou

yotarou Regular Member

Problem is that I'm located in an area where there aren't any real badminton stores, so I'm pretty much just depending on other people's advice. :/

I'm still not sure what stiffness is, though.