Racquet recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by The Punisher522, May 19, 2006.

1. The Punisher522

The Punisher522 Regular Member

Student
    I am new to this site but I have been playing badminton for about 6 years now. I currently have a Martin B320 racquet. It has lasted me and it has performed well but I am looking for a new racquet now. The balance point of the B320 is 310 mm. I am not sure of the weight. I am a quick player who loves to smash. I am looking for a Yonex racquet that is light and less head heavy than the one I have now. Would the armortec series fit my need or would the nanospeed series suit better? Any help is appreciated.

2. The Punisher522

Student
    Will someone reply please. I just need some opinions.

3. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    If you want a less head heavy racquet, I wouldn't suggest looking at the Armortec line, as all of them are somewhat head heavy. The nanospeed however, is more or less headlight/even balanced, but costs a sum. It doesn't have to be a nanospeed either, the MP or CAB series also offer some good selections.

4. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

doesnt he want a head light racket then..."a less head heavy than the one i have now"

5. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    wilson ncode series might have some rackets u like.
    if u wan a racket which the head is light,take a look at N2,N4 or N6.
    these rackets r light,oni difference is the flex of the racket.
    n2 is stiff n n6 is ultra-flex

6. The Punisher522

Student
    I definitely think that I want a yonex racquet. Don't get me wrong, I play well with this head-heavy racquet, but I think I need something slightly more balanced. The armortec series have a 290 balance point right? Also the racquet I have now flexes a lot so I am looking for something a little more stiffer that has more control. So far my choices that I think I want are the; armortec 800 DE or OFF (I can't decide), MP88 or 99.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If possible, try to get your hands on the rackets, and demo yourself. You can borrow/rent from the local stores, or borrow from fellow club members. Since the ones you listed are pretty popular models, I assume it should not be too hard of a task. A game or 2, or 10 min light drill, can be very helpful for your decision making progress. :)

Also, seems your current racket is Oval, and all your listed ones are Iso, it might take you a little while to switch in between. Therefore, maybe put Cab30ms into your list of consideration as well. :)

#7 LazyBuddy, May 19, 2006
    Last edited: May 19, 2006
  8. docruben7

docruben7 Regular Member

yonex for smasher

I am also a smasher type of a player. What I found to be comfortable using for smashings are yonex nanospeed and armortec 300. Other brands that are equally good are the top of the line of racquets of RSL. You know for smashing I prefer a heavier head than lighter one.

9. The Punisher522

Student
    Will the isometric head design mess up my game for a little while til I get used to it? Also do any of you know the balance point of the armortec racquets as well as the muscle power series racquets? Thanks again!

10. B Kwok

B Kwok Regular Member

Student
    If you are looking for a light, less head heavy racket, then I would definately recommend the Black Knight Ghost PC of their Super Light series. I know you're looking at Yonex but this racket is 75g which makes for a very quick swing & snap. There is also a Photon PCV which is more head heavy and great for smashing and the Feather which gives an extra 1cm length to your racket. I strongly recommend either the Ghost or the Photon because the surface area on the feather is reduced greatly.

11. docruben7

docruben7 Regular Member

Like in any new racquet, there will be some period of adjustment in your game. But remember raqquets are only a minor factor in your game. Learning the right skills and techniques are the major factors. Sorry I dont know the balance points. I only borrow the racquets of my friends and see if it "feels" good in my strokes - so it is largely a personal choice. What I own is carlton and yonex nanospeed. Carlton is good for defensive players who likes light and flexible racquet. Yonex nanospeed is good for smashing and drives. Hope this helps

12. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    well spoken.
    need time to adjust to any new racket :)