Question about a possible hip joint injury (pain) I'm experiencing

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by h220wnzj00, May 20, 2006.

1. h220wnzj00

h220wnzj00 Regular Member

Hi guys, I got a question about some pain I feel after playing badminton for a few hours. It's a pain that occurs in the joint where my left leg attaches to my hip. I'm guessing this has something to do with the shock the joint is taking when I'm landing on my jump smashes. The thing is, I've never experienced this before in my 9 years of playing badminton. It only occurs when I play badminton, and it goes away after a day or two of resting. Normally I can feel the pain when I try to left my leg up when I'm sitting.

Has anyone else encountered something like this or know what's causing it? Thanks.

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Remember guys, at Badmintoncentral.com we are not medically trained to give you advice on potential or current injuries one might be having. The best thing to do is go to the doctor and get it checked up while mailing your insurance company for some compensation.

3. h220wnzj00

Yeah I'll see a doctor on Monday, but just wanted a quick reply to see if I should play on it again today or not. It'll be three days in a row. I'll probably take it easy.

4. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Don't play my friend. Better safe than sorry. Besides this could be a good excuse to watch some badminton videos :D.

5. Andy Eh

Andy Eh Regular Member

Hip flexer

I had this pain after i did long jump 3 years ago. At first my dad told me to live with it, then after it still hurting for 3 months i went to see a chiropracter and he zapped it for about 6 months after that it was ok then i pulled it again, and got it zapped for 3 months. To this day i can no longer go full out in soccer or hockey or any kicking sports, however in badminton I am ok, DONT STRETCH IT B4 YOU PLAY is the advice my chiropracter gave me, do 2-3 laps around hte gym first and make sure ur muscle is loose then stretch litely not hard just kinda stretch it so u feel a little pull and hold. You are goign to have to goto a chiroprater to get rehab and get it zapped. Try playing doubles in badminton so u dont run as much

GL i know my time with this injury was my most painful year

6. olle_whitehead

olle_whitehead Regular Member

my advice is if your that worried about it stop playing badminton and go and see a doctor

good luck and hope you get better soon

7. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    "zapped"?

-dave

8. h220wnzj00

What do you mean by zapped Andy?