User Tag List

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that hopefully it isn't serious. Pulled a muscle in my side the other day smashing from a weird angle so on the shelf a bit myself. Hopefully
    your back at it sooner than later.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does astec sell their rackets other than indonesia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wuldup View Post
    Does astec sell their rackets other than indonesia?
    yes, ....
    just check this thread from first page, you can find it .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you
    Appreciate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Good news for everyone xD... I found just another brand as Astec's competitor, they're named RS (Reinforced Speed), said to be technology from Denmark, when I find about their information, it bring me to a conclusion, that they are from Bandung?!?...

Can anyone confirm this information ? Anyway, they're shoes are good... Better than Astec's. My friend said that the racket is also good. They're also said to be the sponsor of Suryanaga Surabaya. That's my information so far.

I'd appreciate anyone who can confirm this news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    Good news for everyone xD... I found just another brand as Astec's competitor, they're named RS (Reinforced Speed), said to be technology from Denmark, when I find about their information, it bring me to a conclusion, that they are from Bandung?!?...

Can anyone confirm this information ? Anyway, they're shoes are good... Better than Astec's. My friend said that the racket is also good. They're also said to be the sponsor of Suryanaga Surabaya. That's my information so far.

I'd appreciate anyone who can confirm this news.
    RS is local Indonesia brand, they are as sponsored of Suryanaga Club and East Jawa Province, but I believe not for the racquets ..... last PON, Tony Gunawan used the t-shirt but not the racquet ..
    it has been there even before ASTEC came .... hehez.

you are too WOLS .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought one when I first worked in Indonesia. At that stage RS only made oval head rackets. When I went to Pasaraya I saw quite a few of them and now they make ISO heads as well. I liked mine but they don't take high tensions very well. As I got better I increased the tension. My RS caved in at 26lbs but it may only be that I had a weak one. It played nice and would be fine for a beginner.

ASTEC rackets are very different in that they can take very high tensions which would lead me to believe that they are built better.

I asked Alan if he would fix the website to include all the ASTEC products so that they will market better abroad. The website has been down lately so maybe it's getting fixed. As soon as I can get a product list I'll bet trying to import the ASTEC gear to Darwin, Australia. Their shoes and bags could be better but the rackets are first class.

For shoes I want to import flypower.

I know that's off topic but it may helpl you when making a gear decision.

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Tim for the info .....

I have tried to get information from fellows of Indonesian badminton forum, asking if there is any possibility to bring in ASTEC to Singapore, but none of them reply me ..... do you have Alan contact ? Maybe e-mail or whatever to be shared ? You can PM me ...

I heard that ASTEC will come to Malaysia as well ...

Yes, Flypower shoe is very popular in Indonesia ....

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuctoo View Post
    I bought one when I first worked in Indonesia. At that stage RS only made oval head rackets. When I went to Pasaraya I saw quite a few of them and now they make ISO heads as well. I liked mine but they don't take high tensions very well. As I got better I increased the tension. My RS caved in at 26lbs but it may only be that I had a weak one. It played nice and would be fine for a beginner.

ASTEC rackets are very different in that they can take very high tensions which would lead me to believe that they are built better.

I asked Alan if he would fix the website to include all the ASTEC products so that they will market better abroad. The website has been down lately so maybe it's getting fixed. As soon as I can get a product list I'll bet trying to import the ASTEC gear to Darwin, Australia. Their shoes and bags could be better but the rackets are first class.

For shoes I want to import flypower.

I know that's off topic but it may helpl you when making a gear decision.

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the information T_T... Yes, I'm having a hard time finding information about this brand... When I was choosing another shoes xD... (Having traumatic from Yonex though, the Durability was poor T_T xD... And my Reebok has been ruined lol).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is that the website appears to be under maintenance which is very positive. When I went to Susi Sports in Kalapa Gading there were many more rackets, shoes and things available from ASTEC that weren't on the website. Once they update the website their contacts should be made available.

Out of respect for Alan & Susi (they get bothered enough) I can't give out their contact information.

I know they were testing 2 new racket prototypes when I was there. I played briefly with one of them and it was good.

ASTEC really needs more exposure. Every year they have an ASTEC tournament in Indonesia and you can't get any information about it online. Actually Indonesian badminton as a whole needs to move into the computer world. PBSI should list all the major clubs and their contacts but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet. When I was there I phoned PBSI and asked for information about various clubs and the admin person didn't even know they existed.

If you can't even find the clubs there imagine how hard it is to source a supplier. I loved playing in Indonesia but I hate the mess that is Jakarta (by that I mean information sharing and bad traffic) because it could be so much better and more travel friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Actually... It's not that we haven't moved out for more computation xD... Badminton in Indonesia is losing power right now (that's what I believe). With more and more negative news about sports in Indonesia, the future as an athlete is just so bad, that people don't really want to become an athlete. (This could have an impact on promoting Astec)

Another thing is, Sports and IT is standing in a different position here. The IT guy don't really believe they want to help the sports guy (That's what I believe). And they work more with the Economic guy. If Astec could prove more, I believe it will be easy for them to have someone with good Internet Background. And play little magic on their website xD...

But I believe IT is not enough, they will have the guy from Designs, Marketing guys, etc. That's when this brand can advanced to a better stage, and perhaps become a big brand.

This is just from my perspective though xD... So no offense ppl ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, if I were to run a business and make it successful knowing that I had a good product I'd learn how to design websites myself. It's not that hard to do these days with dreamweaver. There'd be plenty of people out there in the badminton community that would do it for them anyway.

As for the future of sport in Indonesia, well 22 people at the Olympics from a population of 235,000,000 is terrible. Australia only has 20,000,000 and our olympic team had 450 people. Indonesia could do so much better at sport if the Government wan't so corrupt.

Indonesia could do so much better at sport, tourism and resource management if they wanted to and that is sad. Not many people realise this but Indonesia is a much richer country (GNP) than us so where's all the money go!! Not into sport that's for sure.

Unfortunately ASTEC will have to build their business privately and that also goes with badminton. They can't rely on the Government for support.

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

different kind of nature for sports bro .....

no money no "honey" ......

Hmmm, if I were to run a business and make it successful knowing that I had a good product I'd learn how to design websites myself. It's not that hard to do these days with dreamweaver. There'd be plenty of people out there in the badminton community that would do it for them anyway.

As for the future of sport in Indonesia, well 22 people at the Olympics from a population of 235,000,000 is terrible. Australia only has 20,000,000 and our olympic team had 450 people. Indonesia could do so much better at sport if the Government wan't so corrupt.

Indonesia could do so much better at sport, tourism and resource management if they wanted to and that is sad. Not many people realise this but Indonesia is a much richer country (GNP) than us so where's all the money go!! Not into sport that's for sure.

Unfortunately ASTEC will have to build their business privately and that also goes with badminton. They can't rely on the Government for support.

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually plenty of money but the Gov eats the honey and keeps the money. Anyhow, the main point is it's good gear and we'd like to see it here!!

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Yes, I could say that our people in the government have no concern about their own people ~_~... But I believe Politics is not part of this forum Let's get back to Astec xD...

Yes, you can easily learn Dreamweaver, but you can't make a web so wonderful about it if you have no sense of art at all xD... Sense of Art developed harder. And Astec's web would be no match for Yonex, which using Flash, and some programming inside it.

That's why I said they need someone from an IT background, that could make some automation on updating the site, someong from Design background to make the first concept for Astec's website.

Am I wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved both my Pro 900s but unfortunately I may have bought from a bad batch. I just sent my rackets in for re-stringing and my friend (stringer) found 2 thin cracks in the frame at the same location on both rackets, about halfway up the thread. I bought my rackets in September so if your Pro 900s are ready for re-stringing and you bought them at this time it might be wise to check for small cracks. At 26lbs my Pro 900s would break if I tried stringing them again so I'm hoping I can get them replaced for the same 2 rackets or something at the same price point. This must be unlucky because I haven't heard anyone complaining of similar things on this thread.

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved both my Pro 900s but unfortunately I may have bought from a bad batch. I just sent my rackets in for re-stringing and my friend (stringer) found 2 thin cracks in the frame at the same location on both rackets, about halfway up the thread. I bought my rackets in September so if your Pro 900s are ready for re-stringing and you bought them at this time it might be wise to check for small cracks. At 26lbs my Pro 900s would break if I tried stringing them again so I'm hoping I can get them replaced for the same 2 rackets or something at the same price point. This must be unlucky because I haven't heard anyone complaining of similar things on this thread.

Tim H
    I have 2 Pro900, all strung at 29x31, and no problem. I bought around July 2007. I did string myself, and using load-spreader at 6 & 12 o'clock position.

I've heard the issue that Alan has changed the manufacturer/factory of his brand. But, it is just an issue.
    So, maybe you can contact him.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast