Advice for an Oval Racquet Fan

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kikks9, May 20, 2006.

1. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

G'day, Apa Khabar, Nei Hou and Nee Hau from Down Under,

I just wanted some feedback regarding any good oval racquets available. I could be going back home to Malaysia next month for my annual :) hehehe. I have been using my trusty Pro Ace Widebody 28 & 33 but sadly it is time for them to retire. I was given a Pro Ace Evolution 900 (ISO) & Thunderbolt 2 (ISO) (soon to be sold btw hehehe).

I am still getting used to the Evolution 900 but I still like the feel of Oval Racquets espicially WB28.. I was planning to look in to racquets by Pro Ace, Apacs and maybe Yonex (unlikely). So any feedback or advice? I am looking for similar racquets to the WB 28 but am open to any recommendations. Could I also get some good badminton shops location in the Klang, Subang & K.L area.

Thanks guys & gals .

2. A_F

A_F Regular Member

Electronics MFG
    If you are an oval fan, i wouldn't hesitate to go with the Yonex Carbonex 21. Tried and true and i have always liked that better than the cab 20.

Just my choice and opinion,
    AF

3. event

event Regular Member

Try Gosen. They are apparently very cheap in Malaysia and some of their better racquets still have an oval head. I use the 5300. Excellent racquet.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry. I am not familiar with the other brands you mentioned.

4. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

Thanks for replying :) Hrmm...Gosen...looks interesting...I will definitely check it out... Any other suggestions from other BC forum family ?

Thanks again A_F & Event :)

5. angelus

angelus Regular Member

go for cab21. it's a great racket.

6. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

Thanks angelus

Anybody have any idea how much carbonex 21 and Gosen Aermet 5300 is sold in Malaysia now ?

7. event

event Regular Member

I have no idea about anything current. This thread has some price info as does this one but neither name a store. PM the people posting the info, maybe? Only one online seller in Malaysia and they don't have it so that doesn't help. If you can still get it for RM299, what a steal!

8. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Kikks,

Cab21 is an excellent racquet with high end performance but yet at a very very low price. The only set back is that it is quite heavy for doubles play. I would be willing to pay RM450 for a cab21 3u version. But unfortunately there is none yet.

If you're a male and play singles, then I would recommend this superb racquet:)

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If already taking Yonex into consideration, Cab20 and Cab30ms should also take some attention. ;)

10. fat_lip2525

fat_lip2525 Regular Member

Well, I've recently bought a 2UG4 Cab 21 SP, and the price is RM 225 :cool: I think the price of the Cab 21 is around there :eek:

BTW, I'm quite new here, but more of a forum lurker :p

11. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

yo bro...if u r in klang...try visit d stationery shop in tmn eng ann
    i saw 1 yonex cab 20 tour special selling at RM150 with grip, bg 66 string and a racquet bag/yonex cab 21 special at rm 180 with with grip, bg 66 string and a racquet bag....try bargain with d bosz n u might get cheaper price out of it

12. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    Hi speedy,

Actually there is 3U Cab21 and if I remember correctly from reading this forum, it is available in some stores in Singapore. 3U Cab21 is very different compared to 2U Cab21. :) If you have a chance to find it, I strongly suggest you to buy it. :)

13. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Hi LB,
    I know you're a big fan of cab 30ms. As a matter of fact one of the reasons I bought the 30ms is partly from your recs. It is a great all rounder racquet. Very easy to manipulate due to its even balance. It has been my main racquet this few months. But I do think that cab21 perfoms better, especially in net plays and drop shots. And I think that it is too stiff for me. That's why I'm now trying the new low end Armortec series, that is Armortec 250. Although its low end, but it does have the "g force ti" and not just "super alloy" of the at300. Will give reviews about it after a week or two. Its taiwan made which accounts for the low price and number.

14. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Hi blinan,
    The same with you, I also came across somewhere that there's the 3u cab21. But I don't think it is available in Malaysia. The cab20 sp is worse still. There's even none the 2u version. Anyways thanks a lot for your info. I will ask the store to try to place order from Singapore instead of KL. Thanks again.:)

15. LUKKK

LUKKK Regular Member

Student
    Hmm, if you want power, try a CAB30MS. Very good racket.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Everyone has his/her favorite choices for sure. ;) I don't think cab21 was re-introduced in US until recently, and I never got a chance to demo it. :rolleyes:

17. bufung

bufung Regular Member

@Zero.. do u know name of the shop in klang u mentioned?? thanks..

18. fanatic

fanatic Regular Member

you might wanna consider proace dms 99 or 328. both are widebody oval heads and very powerful 3U racquets, just nice, not too heavy. price around RM169. highly recommended!!! definately worth to check out!!!

#18 fanatic, May 25, 2006
    Last edited: May 25, 2006
  19. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

the shop name...i forgoted...jz 2 use 2 d location....
    its actually a stationary shop bside a coffee shop n opposite a cafe named " star pieces"...

other than tat u might try another shop inside 3k sport complex, subang ...they give 30% discount on every yonex racquet without string n grip...

20. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

Thanks everybody for the good advice. zeroex, i think i know where the book shop is, i can get to star pisces so i think i can find. I will definitely go and try out cab 20, 21, 30ms , gosen 5300 and the pro ace's :) I am so looking forward to getting my new weapons of destruction.

Btw ... to clear any confusion. The last time I checked...ehehe Am 100% Male.. I play weekly in melbourne. wish i could play more but :) work & work & more work

Thanks again !!! Anybody else have any suggestion or recommendation. I am thinking of checking out the yonex mp 99 to see what the fuss is all about :).

Anybody has a rough guesstimate of how much the racquets should cost in Racquetworld, Etakoh or other good sport shops ?

Thanks !!!!

#20 kikks9, May 27, 2006
    Last edited: May 27, 2006