badminton shop in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Pribadi, May 22, 2001.

1. Pribadi

Pribadi Guest

Is there any badminton shop in pittsburgh, PA, USA.

thanks

pribadi

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    short answer: no.

longer answer:

and whatever you do. don't go to "Tennis Village". they are completely clueless and they don't even know how to string a racket.

use mail order.

where do you play?

3. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

Mail order! nooo!

I don't think I'll be able to order anything from a catalog or the internet. There's nothing like going into a store full of badminton racquets (high end ones of course) and comparing them side to side. Even whispering to the racquet that you can't afford that someday, SOMEDAY you will be mine. How about if Pribadi just moves to a better location.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    BaMBaM. i so agree with you. unfortunately, there are other constraints as well, moving to another city isn't always the available option. so if the choice is to buy a racket blind or not able to play, i will choose to buy the racket blind.

and most likely, Pribadi already has a racket and may be just need it to be strung.

5. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

I agree with you too kwun, home is home. Pribadi's just going to have to trust the racquet reviews we make. However, if Pribadi does go on a vacation its probably good to ask about the availability of badminton racquets in the area.