Advice needed

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Jan_BE, May 23, 2006.

1. Jan_BE

Jan_BE Regular Member

IT Support Desk
    So here's the story:

Today a friend of mine (at least I thought so) started talking to me on msn.
    She asked my why I told her brother that he couldn't play badminton (her borther is also playing at our club, he's 12, and quite good). So now her brother doens't want to play at our club anymore. Also, he, she and the parents are mad at me for saying that.

Now my part of the story: I didn't say that at all! I mean, why would I say something like that? I like her, like her brother, they are my friends.
    So now I'm feeling bad, they're all mad at me and I don't know what to do.

any advice?

2. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    Did you tell them that that's not what you said and that maybe he misunderstood?

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Either you've said something to him that he had misunderstood or either of you are lying.

If it's for the former, sometimes one can accidentally say something with a very slight negative connotation or a joke which could often be misunderstood by kids his age as a taunt. You know it - at the age of twelve, nobody is right but themselves - even more so with somebody they don't really know too well (assuming that you don't know his sister well either).

If it's the latter - the quicker the guilty party admits it, the better.

4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

he wouldn't say such a thing unless you did / said something that would make him. ask him what you did to make him feel like he wasn't welcomed at your club, and explain to him what you meant if he misinterepted or apologize.

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

tell them that, im sure they would understand.

6. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    you gotta find out why the brother said you told him not to play badminton and stuff...there must be a reason...maybe you accidentally said something..sometimes the listener got what you said wrongly...misunderstanding...clear this up and you will be fine.