Seek recommendation for racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hklaserboy, May 23, 2006.

1. hklaserboy

hklaserboy Regular Member

Hi, I am new to here. As I need to buy a new racket but not sure which model would be good for me, so would like some guys here can give me some recommendations. :eek:

Currently I am using AT800 (defensive). I think it is quite good but I want to try a different one. I am an intermediate player. I mostly play doubles and my game is more on control simply just because my strength is not so good. I use drop shot alot when I am in back court. I perfer racket which is relatively light which does not require too much strength to play especially hitting from back court to back court. :rolleyes:

I saw many posts talking about NS8000 and NS9000, but there are just too many which are difficult for me to read all of them. Is there anyone can tell me whether these 2 rackets may suit my style ? Or is there any other model can recommend to me ? Thanks!

:)

2. madman

madman Regular Member

I think NS7000 will suit you best.

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You already have a top of the range racket that suits your requirements. There will be little benefit from changing.

Of course, if you want to spend money, go get a Nano9000. But if you expect it will improve your game, you are likely to be disappointed.

Between two top rackets there is little difference in the player's performance.

If you want to try the rackets, however, find a shop that will allow you to demo them. Then you can decide for yourself.

4. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    As Gollum says, you already have a top racquet used by many pros.

From your post it seems like you may be having difficulty clearing baseline to baseline so perhaps a good set of weights might be a better purchase.

5. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Fully agree that u need to train more rather than buy a new racquet. You already have a 'pro' racquet. If you do not have enough power from the rear court, then you would have lots of problems against other intermediate players.

Everytime you are in the rearcourt, they'll just take a few steps forward and wait for your weak smash / drop shot. In fact, if you are that weak, then they would just clear to you in the rearcourt :)

6. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    gd advise.
    looks like i have to take up weights again...

7. hklaserboy

hklaserboy Regular Member

oh thanks for the advise. The major reason that has limited my strength is my old injury (should and waist). I do not smash as hard and frequent as before in order to protect myself from injury. :(

8. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    me too.
    i have tennis elbow...so takin up weights is a hazard

9. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Depends on the weights and the exercises. A good physio will recommend a good weight and exercise routine as part of the rehabilitation process. If you use the right weight and the right type of movement you may find it beneficial