Need info on cracked racquet

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Blade, May 24, 2006.

1. Blade

Blade Regular Member

Hey guys, my ATB 6000 Cracked. I would say almost half of the shaft cracked, its still pretty sturdy, but i wonder if it will last, or withstand a new stringing process?

I should be able to post some screenies later on.

Thanks for the help guys

Best regards,

Kevin

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's very dangerous to use a cracked racket, as you put your own (and others) safety in risk. The last thing you want to see, is the head fly off, and cut someone. :(

If that's a manufacture defect (and still within warranty), send it back to the store/manufacture ask for a replacement. If not, time to save $$$ for another racket. :cool:

3. Blade

Blade Regular Member

x

I understand your point, but its not cracked to a point that it will break.
    I bought it from badmintonwarehouse.com...so i dont think there is a warranty...is there? does anyone know?

If i was to buy a new racquet, would the Vectran one be good? I saw some reviews and from taneepak it seemed pretty nice...but 155$ is too expensive..

Any opinions? THanks in advanced :D

Regards,

Kevin

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You stated it as "almost half of the shaft cracked", which sounds serious enough to me. Another clash or even powerful smash can just well taken the head off, or, at least a sequence of such actions will get it done.

It will be getting worse and worse, means more and more risk. Better prevent the issue now, than later, or than really sorry. :cool:

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not sure about their policy (or Victor's). And you did not state the reason why the shaft is cracked. You can always contact BW or Victor, to see what can be done. ;)

6. Blade

Blade Regular Member

Yeah, its cracked in a weird way, if i had a picture id show you, ive played around 10 minutes with it and its still very sturdy, thus, smashing wont break it. I know a hard clash will. But i never clash my racquet with my partner. But i will be shopping for a new racquet....but i dont know wich one to get. I want a good cheap one...but no yonex.

7. Blade

Blade Regular Member

Well....see....the thing is, i bought this racquet from badmintonwarehouse.com, no other store in North And South america sells racquets like this. Only place is in Germany, and they dont deal with North America :(

Im from Canada, and if i write an email to Victor, in BC, i dont know what they will say.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Contact BW, and see what they going to say. They might refer you to their distributor / HQ, etc. ;)

9. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    This might sound weird but how about wrapping it in duct tape? :rolleyes:

10. Blade

Blade Regular Member

x

LazyBuddy : Yes, that could be a possibility. I have indeed bought from BW for my other friends.

Keith_Aquino : :O .... Are you serious? I could try that if i cant return it. But i would have to take off my strings and put some new ones?? Even there....i`d have to block a few holes wich the strings wont pass.

11. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    Isn't it only your shaft that's damaged? Maybe I'm serious. Does this face not look serious? :D Nah, I think it's better for you to invest in a new racquet. Why don't you want to be buy a Yonex though? :)

12. Blade

Blade Regular Member

Well i dont like yonex, i tried them and for some reason i dont like it. And i think they are overrated for some reason hehe. Im the kind of guy that likes to try something different, something original.

And the racquet is cracked a bit on the Head, at the 5 O Clock area.

Thanks,

Kevin

13. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    Hmm, I have strung a few cracked head before. :D One was at the 1 O'clock head area for about 22 lbs. Another one was at the 12 O'clock head area for about 17 lbs. And there were others. So it all depends on how bad the crack was. An experienced stringer should be able to advise you whether it can be done or not. But remember that the structural integrity of the racquet is already compromised even with a small crack and don't expect that the racket will last or even an attempt to string the racket will be successful.

Cheers. :)

14. Blade

Blade Regular Member

I Totaly agree with you, that makes sense. I will post a few pictures shortly if you would please check it out for me, my stringer doesnt know if the cracks are too much to take...he is 17 and only knows how to string LOL.

Thanks in advanced!!

Kevin