User Tag List

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    Does this mean that Lydia Cheah reaching the final is just something with 99% luck and 1% hardwork?
    No,i don't agree.There are no such things.You should say she enter the final with 99%of hard work and maybe 1%of luck.i think one must put on some effort to get something.There are nothing free in this world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    It would be better if its ONE WORLD, ONE BADMINTON. Anyway i do agree that the standard this time is lower. Sometimes AJC may not be the only tournament that will give us some feedbacks in the next future stars.
    Care to list us other tournaments that will give us some feedbacks in the next future stars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source: www.nst.com.my

Badminton: Beng Hong in last eight

22 Jul 2006

KUAN Beng Hong, aiming to capitalise on Lee Chong Wei’s absence to win his first local grand prix title, advanced to the quarter-finals of the Malacca Open badminton championships yesterday.

Beng Hong, the top seed, brushed aside junior player Lok Chong Chieh 21-9, 21-15 in the second round.

He will meet 2010-2012 Project squad’s Azrihanif Azahar in the quarter-final today. Azrihanif defeated another Project squad player, Liew Darren, 21-14, 22-20.

Chong Wei had to skip the tournament to compete in the ongoing Macau Open as he needs ranking points to maintain his World No 1 status.

Second seed Yeoh Kay Bin also stayed in contention when he defeated Beryno Wong 21-15, 21-15. He will meet Hazwan Jamluddin in the last eight.

Internationals K. Yogendran and James Chua set up a semi-final showdown after easy victories.

Yogendran defeated Lee Hock Lai 21-16, 21-10 while Chua beat Tan Chun Seang 21-18, 21-17 in the second round.

Project squad players Chong Wei Feng and Chong Li Qun completed the quarter-final line-up with Wei Feng beating Lim Kenn 23-21, 20-22, 21-10 and Li Qun beating former international Ramesh Nathan 21-17, 13-21, 21-8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tan Chun Seang turns 20 today. Happy Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
    Care to list us other tournaments that will give us some feedbacks in the next future stars?
    Hahah i'm not fortune teller. Have to see who is consistent. At the moment its still too early to say who will be a great player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razif Latif turns 21 today. Happy Birthday. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

happy happy happy birthday to razif !!!! Train hard...play well...
    Last edited by LwW^w|n; 07-23-2006 at 03:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emms626
    i like lim kim wah too!!!!
    me three! lmao... *faint*

oh erin, you remember their birthdays! so good yeah, train hard and achieve the best

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    Does this mean that Lydia Cheah reaching the final is just something with 99% luck and 1% hardwork?
    To be fair to Lydia, before the individual event starts she has been playing almost 7 days of tough singles. She has beaten japan top two player, beaten Wang Yihan in the China Team event and the Best of Korea Jang Soo Young. In her individual event she has beaten two chinese players Chen Wan and Han Li who has beaten player like Xing Ai Ying and Saina Nehwal.

Its is not easy to play 7 days straight of tough single. I agree she did not played well in the final but she has done her best for her country

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overall i think kenn lim is one of the stablest player in the few even though he is not performing his best recently, he should play more international tournies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCS played well in TO reaching last 16. If he continues to improve, we might see him to be included in the senior team by the end of the year. Apart from him, no young MS has impressed me so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    me three! lmao... *faint*

oh erin, you remember their birthdays! so good yeah, train hard and achieve the best
    i like him too.. he plays well too.. hahaha
    n tan wee kiong also not bad!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got any malaysia juniors pic??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynn000
    got any malaysia juniors pic??

they have already been posted in this thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton: Five singles players to be axed

03 Aug 2006
    K.M. Boopathy

SOUTH Korea’s Malaysian doubles coach Tan Kim Her is expected to be named as the 2010-2012 Project squad coach while five singles players will be dropped from Rashid Sidek’s group of 13 players when the BA of Malaysia’s (BAM) coaching and training committee meets today.

Only Tan Chun Seang, Liew Darren and Lim Kenn have shown potential but Rashid may give the other five players until the end of the year, where another downsizing exercise is expected, to prove themselves.

And with Bukit Jalil Sports School-based players such as Arif Latif, Vountus Indra Mawan, Lok Chong Chieh and Chan Kwong Beng producing better results, they are set to compete for places in the Project Squad once they complete their SPM examinations at the end of the year.

Kim Her has been doing a decent job with the Korean team since last year where Lee Yong Dae-Jung Jae Sung have become one of the top pairs under his guidance and are among the title contenders in the World Championships in Madrid on Sept 18-24.

The current batch of doubles players in the Project Squad lack quality and this is one area BAM should take note of before hiring Kim Her.

It would be better to give Kim Her a free hand to identify new pairs rather than wasting his efforts on the existing squad.

"We have given the players almost a year (to prove themselves) and it is time to go for quality. The quality of the project squad should not be compromised," said Rashid.

"I will drop five but while waiting for Kim Her’s position to be finalised, the doubles squad will be maintained.

"He (Kim Her) has proven himself with the Korean team and its better for him to see the current batch before recommending changes."

Meanwhile, the world championships squad, which was confirmed on July 17, will be officially announced today.

It has also been decided that there will be no centralised training for the World Championships but this decision must be changed.

Although national chief coach Yap Kim Hock made a good decision to arrive in Madrid early, on Sept 6, to acclimatise, it would be better to have centralised training as well.

Hafiz Hashim, currently training under Misbun Sidek in Kelana Jaya, is one player who would definitely benefit from the centralised training and will also help build team unity.

Kim Hock does not look keen in pushing for centralised training but it could make a big difference in Madrid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 3rd, 2006

A sad day for many of the project players. It has been announced that 7 players are dropped.

MD:
    Raymond Steven
    Chin Chuan Jue

MS:
    Lee Hock Lai
    Mohd Hazwan
    Lim Chen Wet
    Mohd Hafiz
    Law Yew Thien

Some of the players who have been dropped will accept job as sparring players for BAM, some will study, while others will find other things to do.... No matter what they do, I wish them well!
    Last edited by yannie; 08-03-2006 at 01:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really sad day for our MJs
    Hazwan Jamaluddin, Lim Chen Wet, Law Yew Thien, Lee Hock Lai, Hafiz Shahruddin and Raymond Steven have been dropped from the Squad.

Here are some quotes. Hope it will make the juniors feel better. Your journey doesn't end here.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
    -Bernice Johnson Reagon

Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
    -Plato

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

p/s:
    Like Yannie, no matter what you do, i wish you guys all the best!
    Last edited by erin_hakkinen; 08-04-2006 at 06:26 AM.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast