User Tag List

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magical_phoenix
    Wah!! Jia you to Chun Seang and Beryno!! But what if they are playing against the Chinese juniors?? Qiu Yanbo *faint...
    Then let the best win *ha... I guess we both know who it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/sto...244&sec=sports

Green light for Beryno and Chun Seang to compete in China Open

PETALING JAYA: Chief coach Rashid Sidek’s request for his Project 2010-12 players to compete in major Open tournaments has finally been approved after several failed attempts.

For a start, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), who want their juniors to step up to the fore, have named two singles players – Beryno Wong Jiann Tze (pic) and Tan Chun Seang – for the China Open in Guangzhou (Oct 17-22).

Besides competing in the Singapore and Thailand Opens, the China Open is the biggest competitive tournaments for the juniors.

The 20-year-old Beryno was picked for his good showing in the Malaysian Open this year when he went down fighting to Lin Dan of China in the third round while Chun Seang is the highest ranked player among the juniors – 111th in the world.

Chun Seang’s participation, however, depends on how quickly he can recover from a muscle tear in his left hand, an injury he picked up during training last week. Rashid will name a replacement if he cannot make it.

Rashid expects the players to benefit from the exposure of playing in the China Open.

“The BAM have approved only two but it is still a good start for my players,” said Rashid.

“If we do not start now, it will be difficult for us to narrow the gap between the juniors and seniors in the team.

“Previously, the juniors could not go for Open tournaments because of budget constraints and could only play in the satellite tournaments. But this group of players are being geared for the 2012 Olympic Games and they need more challenging competitions.

“This opportunity will help the players to be more daring on court. They will get used to playing against stronger opponents. With more exposure at the highest level, it will turn them into ‘thinking’ players eventually.”

Beryno, who was promoted from the state training centre in Sabah last year, was ecstatic.

“I am glad that BAM are sending us out for big tournaments. Playing in China, where the best players in the world are produced, will indeed be a good experience for me,” said Beryno.

“I will be more than satisfied if I can give my opponents a run for their money,” added the 2003 Under-18 National Grand Prix Final’s runner-up.

The BAM are sending the Asian Games-bound players to both the back-to-back Japan and China Opens.

THE SQUADS

JAPAN OPEN (Oct 10-15)
    Men’s singles: Lee Chong Wei, Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Mohd Roslin Hashim, Kuan Beng Hong, Yeoh Kay Bin, Pei Wee Chung.

Men’s doubles: Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Gan Teik Chai, Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

Women’s singles: Wong Mew Choo, M. Sutheaswari.

Women’s doubles: Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui, Ooi Sock Ai-Mooi Hing Yau, Lim Pek Siah-Joanne Quay Swee Ling.

Mixed doubles: Kien Keat-Pei Tty.

CHINA OPEN (Oct 17-22)
    Men’s singles: Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Kuan Beng Hong, Yeoh Kay Bin, Pei Wee Chung, Beryno Wong Jiann Tze, Tan Chun Seang.

Men’s doubles: Koo Kien Keat-Chan Chong Ming, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Gan Teik Chai, Hoon Thien How-Tan Boon Heong, Chew Choon Eng-Hong Chieng Hun.

Women’s singles: Wong Mew Choo, Julia Wong.

Women’s doubles: Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui, Ooi Sock Ai-Mooi Hing Yau.

Mixed doubles: Kien Keat-Pei Tty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source: www.thestar.com.my

Thursday October 19, 2006

Badminton: All five doubles pairs safely through
    PETALING JAYA: The top two Malaysian doubles pairs of Koo Kien Keat-Chan Chong Ming and Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah were far from impressive in their opening matches of the China Open badminton championships in Guangzhou yesterday.
    Both pairs, appearing in their first tournament since the World Championships in Madrid last month, had to come back from one game down to beat their respective opponents to book a place in the last 16.
    Kien Keat-Chong Ming defeated Thailand’s Prapakamol Sudket-Patapol Ngernsrisuk 17-21, 21-18, 23-21 to set up a second round meeting with China’s Xia Xuanze-Xu Chen while Tan Fook-Wan Wah battled hard to beat Daniel Shirley-John Gordon of New Zealand 15-21, 21-18, 21-8.
    Three other Malaysian pairs also made it to the second round.
    Gan Teik Chai-Mohd Zakry Latif overcame China’s scratch pair of Zheng Bo-Guo Zhendong 14-21, 21-16, 21-15. They will face fellow Malaysians Hoon Thien How-Tan Boon Heong, who beat Leong Kin Fai-Lam Chi Man of Macau 21-12, 21-19.
    Former national players Chew Choon Eng-Hong Chieng Hun earned themselves a second round meeting against Indonesians Yulianto Alven-Hadiyanto Luluk after beating Hendri Saputra-Hendra Wijaya of Singapore 19-21, 21-16, 21-17.
    Kuan Beng Hong is the only Malaysian survivor in the men’s singles competition. The Doha Asian Games bound-shuttler beat fellow Malaysian Pei Wei Chung 21-13, 21-11 but will find it tough in the third round today. He faces China’s up-and-coming player Chen Jin.
    Malaysian junior Tan Chun Seang fell in the second round, losing 22-24, 16-21 to China’s Chen Hong.
    World Championships mixed doubles bronze medallists Kien Keat-Wong Pei Tty had it easy in their opening match, beating Hong Kong’s Wong Shu Ki-Fung Yin 21-5, 21-12.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    22-24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well, not the project squad member..but still a junior: ARIF LATIF!

Source: www.thesatr.com.my
    Thursday October 19, 2006

Mohd Arif, Lydia lead the charge in world tourney

By LIM TEIK HUAT
    PETALING JAYA: Malaysia’s future crop of badminton talent will face their biggest test in the World Junior Championships, which will be held in Incheon, South Korea, from Nov 2-11.
    Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia picked 13 players from the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) to compete in the individual and mixed team events.
    Asian Junior Championships singles medallists Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and Lydia Cheah will lead the Malaysian challenge in the boys’ and girls’ singles events respectively.
    The others for the boys’ singles are Lim Fang Yang, Lok Chong Chieh and Teo Kok Siang.
    Arif, winner of the national schools (MSSM) Under-18 title and a semi-finalist in the Asian Junior Championships this year, has a double shot at glory. The 17-year-old younger brother of current national doubles player Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif will seek to uphold Malaysia’s strong tradition in the doubles in a partnership with Vountus Indra Mawan Saniru. The pair won the MSSM championships and were runners-up in the Asian Juniors.
    The second Malaysian boys’ pair in the World Juniors are Lim Khim Wah-Mak Hee Chun.
    The favourites for the boys’ doubles title are South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Cho Gun-woo, who won the Asian Juniors crown.
    Malaysia also have high hopes on the mixed doubles pair of Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei to spring a surprise in the World Juniors. They finished as the runners-up in the Asian Juniors.
    Yong-dae, who has turned out to be a world-class player for South Korea, is also looking good to win the mixed doubles title with Yoo Hyun-young.
    Lydia is another player who could make a breakthrough for Malaysia in the World Juniors. She was the first Malaysian to reach the girls’ singles final in the Asian Juniors and beat top Chinese player Wang Yihan to help the country qualify for the final of the team competition.
    The World Juniors will provide the lanky Lydia a good chance to create history again. The others down for the girls’ singles are Tee Jing Yi, Stephanie Shalini and Vivian Khoo.
    The current batch of BJSS players train under Chinese coach Zhao Kejian.
    At the last World Juniors in Vancouver two years ago, Malaysia chalked up their best finish.
    They finished fifth in the mixed team competition and Hoon Thien How-Tan Boon Heong emerged with the standout performance, winning the boys’ doubles title for Malaysia for the first time since 1998.
    Amelia Anscelly is the only member of the team from the Vancouver campaign who is still eligible to play in the World Juniors.
    The BAM secretary, Gangga Rao, said that Malaysia did well to reach three individual finals in the Asian Juniors.
    The players are currently in Bangkok for a satellite meet. The draw for the team competition will be made today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another dynasty in the making?
    sideks ---> hashims ---> now latifs ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nairul Suhada Latif (18) is MAS junior badminton player too. she plays doubles.
    And their younger siblings play for their state, Negri Sembilan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
    Nairul Suhada Latif (18) is MAS junior badminton player too. she plays doubles.
    And their younger siblings play for their state, Negri Sembilan
    woah, really?
    so how many of them are there in total?
    wawasan 2020 huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read somewhere, 10 siblings in total. But also read 9 in total. Not sure, but one of his brothers is my university's badminton player

My dear friend (sis?) saw them many times in Negri Sembilan, said they're all very friendly and nice. Also very supportive of each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, so erin,
    Am i the dear friend / sister?? FAINT!!
    Haha...yeah, i think they are supportive (i think so..)
    They always support their siblings whenever they have any matches....
    Haha....normally they will appear and support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A former training mate of mine will be entering BJSS next year in form 1. Who knows, his younger bro and 2 sister may just follow his footsteps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's good to see, makes the game more fun as well.
    hopefully they will produce the goods for malaysia in the future ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

y r those popular juniors.. lim kenn.. tan chun seang.. beryno.. r not competing in world junior??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessing
    y r those popular juniors.. lim kenn.. tan chun seang.. beryno.. r not competing in world junior??
    popular???hahaha i am LMAO!!!!

anyways,they're not juniors anymore..i mean..their age, 19+
    and they did compete in World Junior Championship, in 2004

From IBF: Players are eligible provided they remain under 19 years of age throughout the calendar year in which the World Junior Championships are held. In other words players must have been born in 1988 or later to compete.
    Last edited by erin_hakkinen; 10-21-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

faint... popular juniors, from where did u get that? hahaha... anyway, erin is right!!!
    jia you all! keep fighting!...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessing
    I am so curious tht why you think they are popular?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    faint... popular juniors, from where did u get that? hahaha... anyway, erin is right!!!
    jia you all! keep fighting!...
    har...? anything wrong?? but among all da project 2010-2012 squad players.. dey r da most common names i heard....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha...yeah...
    there are Malaysia's future!!! (faint!!sound weird...)
    haha, anyway i always hope and wish the best for them..
    jia you!!!

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast