User Tag List

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow that's good
    hope they will improve more
    btw does any1 know whether choon han is going 2 AE n german open?
    thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meiying
    Yup i think that is what mas.sive meant too. Tan Chuan Seng lucky cause he is Mas.sive's neighbour!
    Lmao! oh ok! U sure not the other way round? LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source: www.nst.com.my

Badminton: Rashid set for bigger role

02 Feb 2007
    K.M. BOOPATHY

RASHID Sidek is expected to play a more prominent role in the national senior singles squad following the departure of Chinese coach Li Mao.

Li Mao, who has been coaching the singles shuttlers since 2005, has opted to be South Korea’s coach and this has left a void to fill.

While chief coach Yap Kim Hock confirmed that Li Mao’s assistant Wong Tat Meng will guide the national players for the time being, Rashid could be drafted in to coach the seniors as well.

Rashid (picture) currently heads the 2010-2012 Project but a structural revamp allowing his players and the senior team to train together could see the former Olympic bronze medallist help coach the likes of Lee Chong Wei and Wong Choong Hann.

Among Rashid’s players who could be promoted to the senior squad are Tan Chun Seang, Lim Kenn and Liew Darren.

BAM secretary P. Ganga Rao said while it is unlikely that a foreign coach will be hired to replace Li Mao, a player reshuffle is a possibility.

Ganga said that there will be a discussion between Rashid, Tat Meng and Misbun Sidek, who is in charge of Hafiz Hashim, and the players before a solution is reached to overcome the vacuum left by Li Mao.

"There won’t be major changes and Tat Meng will continue with Li Mao’s programme. However, Rashid and Misbun could also make some contributions," said Ganga.

However, given Rashid’s experience as a world class player and his current status as head of the 2010 project squad, he could be the ideal choice to replace Li Mao.

And with Misbun’s forte in developing younger shuttlers, a direct swap of roles with his brother could be possible.

Misbun’s initial efforts on Chong Wei and Choong Hann have helped them to progress rapidly under Li Mao and this is an option which could produce the desired results.

Meanwhile, Tat Meng also took Li Mao’s decision as a blessing in disguise as he faces a bigger challenge as caretaker coach.

"I’ve followed Li Mao’s programme since the beginning and continuity is not a problem. In fact, it also gives me the added challenge to handle the situation alone," said Tat Meng.

This is an opportunity for the local coaches to prove their worth as quality coaches and it is up to Rashid and Tat Meng to grab the initiative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton: Julia likely to get All-England spot

The Star
    Friday February 2, 2007

By LIM TEIK HUAT

KUALA LUMPUR: National back-up women's singles player Julia Wong is set for a big break in her fledging badminton career.

She is among the three players from the Project 2010-2012 squad whose names have been proposed by the chief coach, Rashid Sidek, for the All-England Open in Birmingham from March 8-11.

The others are Tan Chun Seang and Anita Raj Kaur, who are ranked 56th and 58th in the men's and women's world rankings respectively.

Chun Seang and Anita will have to play in the qualifying tournament of the All-England, which is the third leg of the inaugural Super Series. But Julia, who is ranked 20th in the world, is assured of a place in the main draw of 32 players.

While it is the dream of any young player to get the chance to compete in the oldest badminton tournament in the world, Julia said that she was more concerned with maintaining her consistency.

Julia Wong

In the Korean Open last week, she chalked up the biggest win of her career – beating world number six Pi Hongyan of France in the first round. But she was eliminated in the next round by Bulgaria's world number 10 Nedeltcheva Petya.

“After getting a great win, I could not maintain the tempo the following day. I hope it will not happen again,” said Julia.

The 20-year-old Julia is now the national number two behind Malaysian Open runner-up Wong Mew Choo, who is ranked 12th in the world.

Rashid started exposing players from his group to Open tournaments from last year and Julia is the only one who has broken into the top 20 in the world rankings.

Julia also hopes to get a place in the World Championships, which will be held in Kuala Lumpur from Aug 13-19.

Malaysia can have up to three players if all are ranked among the top 16. Otherwise, two players will represent a country, provided they are placed among the top 32.

“There is a chance for me to qualify if I can maintain my world ranking position. It will not be easy because I have to upset one seeded player each time in a Super Series tournament. It will be tough but this is the challenge I have to face,” said Julia.

Among the tournaments after the All-England offering ranking points to qualify for the World Championships are the Swiss Open (March 13-18), Asian Championships in Johor Baru (April), Singapore Open (May 1-6) and Indonesian Open (May 8-13).

Ahead of the All-England, Julia will feature in the German Open scheduled for Feb 27-March 4. She is also the second seed behind Mew Choo for the National Grand Prix Finals, which will be held in Kuala Terengganu from Feb 8-11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton: Rashid wants joint training

05 Feb 2007
    K.M. Boopathy

RASHID Sidek, strongly tipped to take over as the men’s singles coach from Li Mao whose contract is expired, has requested that the national senior squad and the 2010-2012 Project players train together if the BA of Malaysia (BAM) wants results to improve.

Rashid, who currently heads the 2010-2012 Project whose players train at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara, said joint training is the only way he can assume full responsbility as the singles coach.

He says he can concentrate on a few shuttlers from the Project squad and also focus on the seniors, if they train together.

Players like Lim Kenn, Tan Chun Seang and Liew Darren train under Rashid, and they will likely to be joined by Lee Chong Wei, Wong Choong Hann and Kuan Beng Hong when BAM hand (singles) coaching duties to the former Olympic bronze medallist.

Wong Tat Meng is the caretaker coach for the seniors but Rashid’s vast international experience will be invaluable in helping the national shuttlers who are preparing for August’s World Championships in Kuala Lumpur, and the Beijing Olympics next year.

"I have no objections in assuming the responsibilities of a singles coach but the current working order has to change. I cannot abandon the 2010-2012 Project as it will be infair to my players," said Rashid.

"However, joint-training will benefit everyone. The back-up players will give their 100 percent as they can use this opportunity to make a strong impact on the international scene, while the seniors will also receive quality sparring sessions from playing against their younger compatriots.

"We will have a win-win situation. I do not have to take charge of all the 13 players (in joint-training) as Tat Meng can focus on a few players, while Misbun (Sidek) can also take charge of some as presently he only has Hafiz Hashim under him.

"If the current situation persists, it will be very difficult as my players train in Bukit Kiara while the national team do so at Bukit Jalil."

There are seven players — Chong Wei, Choong Hann, Hafiz, Beng Hong, Yeoh Kay Bin, K. Yogendran and James Chua — in the national senior singles, while the Project squad has Lim Kenn, Chun Seang, Liew Darren, Chong Wei Feng, Chong Li Qun and Beryno Wong.

Rashid also coaches women’s singles players Julia Wong, Anita Raj and Norsyahliza Baharum with Tey Siu Bock as his assistant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cs. Cs. Cs. Cs. Cs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source: www.thestar.com.my

Sunday February 11, 2007

Rashid unhappy with ding-dong display
    KUALA TERENGGANU: There was one upset pulled of by the men's back-up squad players in the Proton National Grand Prix Finals but for coach Rashid Sidek, the outing was still a big disappointment.
    On Thursday, 20-year-old Liew Daren turned the tables on Kuan Beng Hong, who eventually withdrew from the tournament due to fever, in a group match.
    But a day after the big win, Liew went down to Bukit Jalil Sports School's (BJSS) Lim Fang Yang.
    Besides Liew Daren, the others – Chong Wei Feng, Lim Kenn and Chong Li Qun – were also eliminated from the tournament.
    Their performances were inconsistent.
    Rashid said he was disappointed with the lack of mental strength among the youngsters.
    “I was not impressed with any one of them. After winning against Beng Hong, Daren lacked confidence and lost to Fang Yang. The others played well but put undue pressure on themselves,” said Rashid.
    “Their main weakness is their lack of the mental strength. They show great commitment in training but I do not see the same fire in them during competition. Now, I have to keep on motivating them to be brave on the court,” he said.
    Rashid said the men's singles players would now be heading for the German Open and Bahrain Satellite.
    Those making the trip to Germany are Daren, Lim Kenn, Tan Chun Seang and Beryno Wong while Wei Feng and Li Qun will head to Bahrain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chong Wei Feng and Chong Li Qun have already left for Bahrain on CNY Day. May year of the pig bring them good luck.

Tan Chun Seang, Lim Kenn, Daren Liew and Beryno Wong will leave for Germany on Sunday, 25th of February. And hopefully some of them will qualify for the Yonex All England Super Series 2007.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry ..a bit late. But news anyway. Hehe.

Badminton: Rashid cool despite being overlooked

16 Feb 2007

AS a player, Rashid Sidek always wanted to work with coaches he was comfortable with, so he fully agrees with the BA of Malaysia’s decision to appoint Wong Tat Meng as the national singles chief coach.

BAM left it to the players to decide and all opted for Tat Meng, who served as outgoing chief coach Li Mao’s assistant for the last two years.

Rashid and brother Misbun were the frontrunners for the post, with Rashid expected to swing it as his work with the Project 2010-2012 squad has received rave reviews.

But the players decided otherwise.

"It does not matter who heads the national team as long as he can do his job well. The players have put their faith in Tat Meng and it is only fair that he is given the job.

"The main criteria before deciding on a coach is to make sure the players are comfortable with the candidate and it was Tat Meng who the shuttlers wanted," said Rashid yesterday.

A bronze medallist in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, Rashid said he was more interested in the other decisions BAM had made on Wednesday.

"My objective now is to make sure that my players are given the chance to compete in the super series and grand prix events as they have shown improvement.

"BAM will be sending them to the German and Swiss Opens and I hope this will continue.

"The joint training sessions with the seniors will also benefit them and I’m looking forward to seeing them train with the seniors on a regular basis."

Rashid has six men’s singles players — Tan Chun Seang, Lim Kenn, Liew Daren, Chong Wei Feng, Beryno Wong and Chong Li Qun — and four women’s singles players — Julia Wong, Anita Raj, Norsyahliza Baharum and Ooi Swee Wenn — under his guidance. He is assisted by Tey Siu Bock.

Julia stands out among them as she finished runner-up in the four-star Phillipines Open last year, won the Sri Lankan satellite and has the distinction of beating World No 5 Yao Jie of the Netherlands, World No 8 Xu Huaiwen of Germany and World No 11 Kaori Mori of Japan since last June. She is currently ranked World No 22.

Lim Kenn was the first player from the project squad to beat a national player, Lee Tsuen Seng, in the Malaysian satellite last year which forced the latter to quit the national squad, and won the Sri Lankan satellite beating Chun Seang last November.

Daren also beat a national player when he outplayed Kuan Beng Hong in the National Grand Prix Finals in Kuala Terengganu last week.

Chun Seang, despite not winning any title, has been more consistent and is ranked 56th, which is higher than seniors K. Yogendran (61st) and James Chua (169).

Chun Seang, Lim Kenn, Daren and Beryno will be competing alongside Wong Choong Hann and Yogendran in the German Open, a grand prix event, in Mulheim on Feb 27-March 4, and will also compete in the qualifying rounds of the All-England on March 6-11.

The squad’s pairs Khoo Chung Chiat-Razif Latif and Chan Peng Soon-Chang Hun Pin and women’s pair Haw Chiou Hwee-Lim Yin Loo will also compete in both tournaments.

Julia will be competing in the All-England and Swiss Open on March 13-18 while Anita will play in the German Open and the All-England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna ask u all smth.. wat happen if.. i mean if.. some of d malaysian juniors r selected to national service..? can they not to join NS n continue to train as a player? coz in MAS.. it is compulsory to join NS if u r selected..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faint. Wei Feng and Li Qun lost in Bahrain already. Wei Feng lost to Spain's top single.

Only the MD pair of Goh Ying Jin and Azrihanif Azahar are left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LwW^w|n
    pics of ajie and ruben....

Faint Blings.
    Now Aji is playing for Australia, and Ruben for Spain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie

Faint Blings.
    Now Aji is playing for Australia, and Ruben for Spain.
    Aji has come to a few training sessions at my club to give the juniors some advice as well as sparring. He's a very nice guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimplex
    Aji has come to a few training sessions at my club to give the juniors some advice as well as sparring. He's a very nice guy
    Oh I see.. He's planning to stay there for a long time?

Aji Basuki Sindoro
    Malaysia Open 2007
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    Oh I see.. He's planning to stay there for a long time?

Aji Basuki Sindoro
    Malaysia Open 2007
    ya...i think Aji is studying at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanna share,while browsing i found this pic.Roslin and Hafiz twin brother,Hafifi and Hafizi.I never know they are twin until i saw this pic. They also junior badminton player from Nusa Mahsuri right??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met Tan Chun Seang in All England. Plus other Malaysian Juniors. All are nice. Chun Seang is damn hyper, really like a monkey. Hahaha. Always talking and joking non-stop. Faint. Hope you will read this CS =P

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast