Results 103 to 119 of 734
Thread: Malaysian Juniors
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM #103Originally Posted by EastDevil
But for men singles, this sort of action is kinda heartbreaking to those Malaysian Juniors, Lee Tsuen Seng, Wong and mostly kuan beng hong...
But I thought Rexy are bringing them over to watch Malaysian players play? Are they really gonna make up their career here?
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM #104Originally Posted by EastDevil
06-20-2006, 10:36 AM #105
Yes , its true that the indonesian are merely sparring partners in Malaysia.
06-21-2006, 08:14 AM #106Originally Posted by All4Baddy
sry, wrong post previously
06-21-2006, 08:40 PM #107
Beng Hong: Leave me out
Source : www.thestar.com.my
Thursday June 22, 2006
Beng Hong: Leave me out
By RAJES PAUL
KUCHING: National men’s singles shuttler Kuan Beng Hong is ready to forgo his first-ever trip to this year’s World Championships if he fails to snap out of his miserable run in international tournaments.
At the recent Malaysian Open in Sarawak, the 23-year-old Beng Hong went down to an upset defeat to Germany's Roman Spitko 18-21, 10-21 in the second round.
Prior to the shocking exit, Beng Hong was also beaten by Vietnam’s Nguyen Tien Minh in the Philippines Open; lost to Singaporean Ronald Susilo in the first round of the Singaporean Open; and fared miserably in his debut at the Thomas Cup Finals in Japan last month.
“I get the jitters at the mention of the Thomas Cup as I have been on a decline since then,” said Beng Hong.
“In Singapore, I lost to Ronald, who was coming out of an injury. In the Malaysian Open, I lost to an unheralded player.
“It is just getting worse. I am so demoralised.”
However, he is determined to put all that behind and has vowed to start afresh under Chinese coach Li Mao.
“I just want to forget all these. It has been a nightmare,” said Beng Hong yesterday.
The shuttler said that he would give up his place in the squad for the World Championships, scheduled to be held in Madrid from Sept 18-24, if he does not improve under Li Mao.
He has been selected for the world meet as a replacement for Wong Choong Hann, who is undergoing rehabilitation after a surgery for snapped tendon rupture.
“The world meet is just three months away. I am aware that there can’t be immediate results when I start training under Li Mao after this Malaysian Open. But I want to improve my style of play,” said Beng Hong.
Beng Hong, who is ranked 15th in the world, was removed from the charge of Misbun Sidek after the Thomas Cup Finals and will begin training under Li Mao after the Malaysian Open.
06-22-2006, 04:37 AM #108
come on KBH,forget the nightmare and don't give up!
06-22-2006, 05:09 AM #109
Kuan Beng Hong was a lot more better when he played in the TC finals compares to the recent opens...
I guess he just couldnt forget that miserable nightmare...
06-22-2006, 05:14 AM #110
Err..excuse me, but KBH is still considered a Malaysian Junior??
06-22-2006, 06:30 AM #111Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
But one thing is, don't they have other malaysian players to spar with already?
06-22-2006, 10:03 AM #112Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
But he's technically junior compares to LCW and Hashim
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM #113Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
who do u all think will be the two juniors that li mao will select????? let's us guess.. it might be either lim kenn, chun seang or beryno...
06-23-2006, 12:49 PM #114
pics of ajie and ruben....
06-24-2006, 03:06 AM #115Originally Posted by LwW^w|n
Hahaha....how come pics of my two good buddies are up here ......
Aji and ruben are 2 very nice people ......they sparred with the English players before joining Rexy here in malaysia....they are 2 of the 4 indonesian players employed by BAM to spar with the doubles players....they get peanuts here compared to wht they were paid in england
06-24-2006, 03:09 AM #116Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
06-30-2006, 02:29 AM #117
Malaysia good for two titles
30 Jun 2006
MALAYSIA, in the absence of powerhouse China, are the favourites to win the boys’ singles and mixed team titles in the Asian Junior Badminton Championships which will be held at the KLBA Stadium in Cheras beginning Monday.
In the men’s singles, Arif Latif (pic) is the top seed while Lok Chong Chieh and Vountus Indra Mawan are the joint third seeds and this will provide Malaysia a golden opportunity to win the boys’ singles title for the first time.
Thailand’s Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk is the second seed but the Malaysians are good enough to secure the final berths.
In the mixed team event, top seeds Malaysia are likely to battle for the title with second seeds South Korea.
The Koreans will be relying on their national senior doubles squad member Lee Yong Dae and national back-up player Jang Soo Young to shock the hosts.
In the women’s singles, Lydia Cheah will be Malaysia’s best bet but she will have to contend with favourite Soo Young, China’s Wang Yihan and India’s Saina Nehwal.
Arif and Vountus are the top seeds in the boys’ doubles but Yong Dae and Cho Gun Woo, the second seeds, are the clear favourites to win the title.
The seedings were based on the International Badminton Federation’s (IBF) world ranking but do not reflect the true strength of the juniors competing in the tournament.
Some of the better juniors were not seeded as they have not competed in the IBF grand prix tournaments and the Asian Junior Championships promises plenty of upsets.
06-30-2006, 04:03 AM #118
Friday June 30, 2006
Chinese and Koreans can spoil party for Malaysian top seeds
BY RAJES PAUL
PETALING JAYA: The odds are stacked high against the Malaysian players in the Asian Junior Badminton Championships despite being seeded tops in three out of the five individual events.
The Asian meet, which will start with the team event on Monday and individual event on Wednesday at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium (KLBA), has attracted top juniors from China, South Korea, Indonesia and India.
Malaysia are seeded tops in the boys' singles (Mohd Arif Mohd Latif), boys' doubles (Arif-Vountus Indra Mawan) and mixed doubles (Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei).
Although Arif has shown good progress under the guidance of Chinese coach Zhou Kejian, he will have to brace himself for tough challenges from unseeded players from China – Lu Qicheng, Du Pengyu and Chen Tian Yu.
TOUGH TASK: Mohd Arif Mohd Latif will find it difficult to break the Chinese barrier in the Asian Badminton Championships.
Out of the three Chinese, Qicheng, will probably be the most dangerous as he had made some of the seniors look like amateurs in the China Masters this year. Besides China, South Korea will be banking on their trump card Hong Ji-hoon to go far in this tournament.
The other singles shuttlers are Vountus, Teo Kok Seng, Lok Chong Chieh and Lim Fang Yang - all students from BJSS.
In the boys' doubles, Arif-Vountus may have been given top billing because they have better world rankings for competing in more satellite tournaments, but the real favourite is South Korean second seeds Lee Yong-dae-Cho Gun-woo.
The 18-year-old Yong-dae was instrumental in his partnership with senior Jae Jung-sung during the Thomas Cup Finals in Japan. Then, the duo beat Malaysia’s top pair Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat.
In the mixed doubles, Malaysia's best Wee Kiong-Khe Wei will find it hard to live up to their seeding. Their main challengers are Koreans – second seed Yong-dae-Yoo Hyun-young of South Korea and Gun-woo-Sun In-jang.
Malaysia's hope in the girls’ singles rests on Lydia Cheah.
But, the Malaysian Games (Sukma) gold medallist Lydia will have to go against an array of stars, which includes the Philippines Open winner Saina Nehwal of India, top seed Jang Young-soo (former Korean's top women singles shuttler) and China's Wang Yihan, who is seen as a future top player for the country.
For the record, when Malaysia last hosted the Asian junior meet in Kuala Lumpur, Kien Kean-Ong Soon Hock emerged as the boys’ doubles champion in 2002. In fact, they were the last Malaysian to win at the Asian junior meet.
07-02-2006, 08:54 PM #119
Somebody In BAM must be reading my post !!!
http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...509#post386509 POST # 21
Originally Posted by jug8man
Its a strange world we live in.
Badminton: Rashid: We are getting bad deal
03 Jul 2006
THE Project 2010-2012 badminton training programme, aimed at preparing national shuttlers for the 2010 Asian Games and 2012 Olympic Games, has lost sight of its objectives.
The damning assessment was made by Rashid Sidek, the man entrusted to oversee the project together. Rashid is assisted by Tey Siu Bock and Rosman Razak.
"The Project squad is supposed to be preparing for the 2010 Asian Games and 2012 Olympics. However, at the rate things are moving, it is looking more like a national back-up squad," said Rashid.
"There should be better planning for the squad. The players even struggled to get a chance to compete in international tournaments for almost a year.
"They were considered for several events but funding was always an issue.
How can we set up a concrete long term programme when we are short of coaches and the right mixture of players.
"I also do not agree with the arrangement where our potential players are upgraded to the senior squad too soon. The potential players should be with our squad longer."
BAM decided to recruit two project squad players for the senior squad after Malaysia’s lack of depth in the singles was exposed during the Thomas Cup Finals in Tokyo in May.
The 2010-2012 squad was formed under Rashid in January last year but have not been getting the focus and assistance received by the Project 2006-2008 squad which is led by national head coach Yap Kim Hock.
While the national senior squad enjoys superb facilities, including an eight-member support team of sports science experts, the 2010-2012 squad has been treated merely as a feeder squad, and more unfortunately, without a concrete programme.
Rashid and Siu Bock currently train 13 men’s singles and four women’s singles players while the doubles players are under the guidance of Rosman and Woon Sze Mei.
Initially, Rashid wanted his players join the national team but changed his mind as there were no immediate plans by BAM to drop stagnant senior players.
The two players were supposed to train under Chinese coach Li Mao and his assistant Wong Tat Meng but the duo have nine players to focus on.
"How much can Li Mao do with such a big squad. I’m sure he has to focus on the top three or four players. What kind of exposure my players will gain?," asked Rashid.
"It is better for them to remain with me as they still need to improve.
"Their basics are not strong and they are not going to get personal attention with the senior team."
Rashid, who has a total of 29 players in the squad, will be dropping five of his 13 men’s singles players so that they will gain more personal attention in training.
The BAM, after some persuasion by Rashid, have started giving the Project Squad better focus with Tan Kim Her, who is currently coaching South Korea’s men’s doubles, likely to be appointed as doubles coach.
But is that enough?
By gemini12 in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 264: 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM
By champion8 in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 374: 01-20-2010, 05:52 AM
By erin_hakkinen in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 514: 12-26-2008, 09:13 AM
By Loh in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 2: 06-05-2007, 04:18 AM
By ants in forum General ForumReplies: 6: 05-13-2004, 03:03 AM