User Tag List

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source: www.thestar.com.my
    Friday August 4, 2006

Rashid axes six players
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Six players, who had been stagnating in Rashid Sidek's Project 2010-12 squad, were dropped yesterday.
    Among those axed was Mohd Hazwan Jamaluddin, the longest serving member in the squad.
    Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) also axed Law Yew Thien, Lee Hock Lai, Hafiz Shaharuddin, Lim Chen Wet and Raymond Steven.
    Four new faces from Bukit Jalil Sports School – Chan Peng Soon, Chang Han Pin, Tan Sin Lan and Lim Yin Loo – were promoted to the squad.
    The squad, which was set up last March, is geared towards the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou and the 2012 Olympics in London.
    Rashid said the six players were dropped because they had failed to improved.
    “Their progress has been slow. It has become a burden to keep them in the team. We would rather have quality players and focus on those with potential,” said Rashid.
    The doors, however, are not closed on those axed. The BAM may absorb them as sparring partners for the elite group or provide opportunities for them to become coaches.
    With yesterday's changes, Rashid will now have a total of 26 players under his wings.
    “For now, we lack the quality in the team. Some are even lacking the basics. These players need 3-4 years to produce results,” said Rashid.
    In order to further strengthen the back-up squad, former international Tan Kim Her will be recalled, said BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh.
    Kim Her is currently the South Korean national doubles coach.
    “We have liased with Kim Her. But we need his answer before making any official announcement,” said Nadzmi after chairing the coaching and training committee meeting at Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    At the same meeting yesterday, Nadzmi also commended the recent performances of the BJSS players and the elite men's singles and doubles players.
    At the Asian Junior meet recently, 17-year-old Lydia Cheah became the first Malaysian to emerge as the girls' singles runner-up. Malaysia also had two runner-ups – Mohd Arif Abdul Latif-Vountus Indra Mawan (boys' doubles) and Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei (mixed doubles).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six or seven players? Jug8man, how's your source? I am confused now... Raymond Steven with partner dropped??? Or just Raymond? Or wasn't Chin even in the squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dun give nuts about the 2010-12 doubles squad so i dun know.

cheers

the borneon baddynut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually what is the reason they being dropped down???Aren't they is the new generation of badminton players and i though they will become the project 2010 players???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    i dun give nuts about the 2010-12 doubles squad so i dun know.

cheers

the borneon baddynut
    faint................. i thought ur source told u already who has been dropped... *confused*... cuz yesterday u told me raymond and partner... grr!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    Actually what is the reason they being dropped down???Aren't they is the new generation of badminton players and i though they will become the project 2010 players???
    If you read the article carefully, you will notice this:

Rashid said the six players were dropped because they had failed to improved.
    “Their progress has been slow. It has become a burden to keep them in the team. We would rather have quality players and focus on those with potential,” said Rashid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...I know it now...Thanks a lot to erin hakkinen...But i think the BAM has to do this way because we need some good and talented players...If the players have slow progess..its really wasting time and resources...They better find some others good players..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Jessica. Cannot waste time, effort and money. i hope it will benefit both parties The higher you fall, the higher you bounce. This might be an opportunity to try other fields. Explore things you never explored before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i felt sad for them too.. but no matter what happen- we have to look at the brighter side.. even tough u r dropped but never give up in achieving your dreams...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya...we should not give up our dreams...Go on!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i was quite shocked when i saw law yew thien's name in the list.....
    yeah, same as yannie and erin, i wish those in the team and those has been dropped all the best in everything!!for those who are in the team....train hard, play well and archieve for our country!!! MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah..forgot to wish for those who remain in the team. Train hard, train smart. Don't dissapoint MAS. All of you have supporters and people are expecting you to do well. We support all of you no matter what. MALAYSIA BOLEH!
    Last edited by erin_hakkinen; 08-04-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah.. what erin said is true.. those who remain must work hard.. they must really appreciate tht they get to stay..
    so train hard..
    but anyways, i still felt sad for those who being dropped...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of luck for those axed juniors in future endeavor. An option is to try Singapore, lots of new opportunities there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    Best of luck for those axed juniors in future endeavor. An option is to try Singapore, lots of new opportunities there.
    Those who resign from PBSI and those dropped from BAM should try their luck in Singapore? Singapore is getting hot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
    Really sad day for our MJs
    p/s:
    Like Yannie, no matter what you do, i wish you guys all the best!
    My Genius Erin... "Our" MJs... *faint* I'm sure they will be cheered up by your quotes, well... when they do read this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well too bad they were dropped. Sometimes i feel bad for them.. but sometimes i think they deserve to be dropped based from their performance and commitment towards badminton. In a way i'm not suprised. But the good news is that they are not axed for good. I think they deserve the second chance.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast