NOT Yonex and NOT Carlton!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by r_e_v_a_n_s, May 26, 2006.

1. r_e_v_a_n_s

r_e_v_a_n_s New Member

Hi Guys,

I have been playing for a number of years now at league/county standard. I am mainly a doubles player and i am looking to buy a racket. Thing is, i do not want to buy a carlton or a yonex, as, although they are good rackets, i want to try something new.

What would you guys reccommend? Money is no object.

Rich

2. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

BABOLAT !

absolutely, if you want to try something new, Babolat is something you should experience. They're even so popular nowadays, so many doubles, especially mixed players use them.

4. Volts

Volts Regular Member

Black Knight is a good option imo. Especially their SL series

5. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    There's too many other brands....Kason, Tactic, Wilson, Sotx, Hi-Qua, RSL, MMOA, Victor.....try google search and all the online stores will be listed.

6. paonjeff

paonjeff Regular Member

Recommendation

Try Pro Kennex Isodynamic 800 D, you won't be disappointed!

I switched from Yonex to pro Kennex. I am happy man now!

Paonjeff

7. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

8. zoboz

zoboz Regular Member

I had the same idea. I am now trying and buying other brands.

My personal choices:
    1. Babolat (My main racket) Synchro. I want to buy pulsar if i can get it.
    2. Sotx (My next purchase) woven 7 or woven 9.
    3. Pro kenex
    4. Toalson
    5. Gosen

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Personally, I vote Sotx. Sotx's statistics are very good. you can just look at the site and say "hmmm, I want a light, headlight, stiff and long racket...hé that's either a woven 5A or a woven 6"
    while all yonex says is: this series is head-heavy, this modle is extra stiff...and according to our biased chart it's the best, hardest hitting racket ever"

...or I'm biased..wich is true...take a look at www.sotxsports.de

or www.sotxsports.com if you have the patience to crawl threw the site...:cool:

10. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    yonex a good racket?? i dun think so...
    yonex with price range 150 to 300 is just a normal racket that u can get it far more cheaper if u buy other brand.
    yonex.... u pay more for the brand ! so not recommended.

11. paonjeff

paonjeff Regular Member

Never heard of Sotx. Is it a small dutch brand? I am sure they are just sourcing their rackets from a small factory in China,like most of the brands.
    Babolat had all their rackets made by Pro Kennex before. their Tennis rackets
    are fine but for badminton rackets, they still have long way to go.
    The only two brands who has their own factories and R&D team in the world for badminton racket is Yonex and Pro Kennex. Nobody makes better badminton racket than them.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..concur..it's all in the name..;)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

SOTX is a German/Deutschland, brand. It's a pretty new brand.
    please see this thread...http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32670&page=2
    Hmm, Yonex and Pro Kennex being the *only* 2 brands who have their own R&D and factories??...:rolleyes: :confused:

14. paonjeff

paonjeff Regular Member

Yes, Yonex has their factory in Japan but also purchases from Taiwan.
    Pro Kennex has its own factory in Taiwan and China. They produce for many other brands as well.
    I do not think any of the brands you mentioned have their own factory.

15. paonjeff

paonjeff Regular Member

yes, Yonex has their own factory in Japan. But they also sources from Taiwan.
    Pro Kennex has their own factory in Taiwan and China. They also produces rackets for other brands.
    I do not think any brand you mentioned has their own factory and their own
    R&D team.

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

from my own experience, SOTX isn't a minimal-production unfamiliar brand...I find this a veyr bgi thign to say,,just because you don't know them....

SOTX isn't as big as yonex, off course...and it doesn't really matter where their racket are made (to me, that is)

thye claim to be German, but contact goes from china...but for the rest their arcket are good, from what i've tried...

SOTX is massively gainiugn popularity in North-america and canada, europe is next (I'm gonna take care of that;) )

Can't really comment on Babolat. from what I tried they're good rackets, but just not me for..felt "YUK"
    SOTX on the other hand, feels very solid, stable and resounding,,,so it's all personal...

but anyway...just sitting here talkign abotu wether a brand is good or not is just silly...the best way is to try some out...

17. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Hi!

That is exactly the racket I wanted to recommend for doubles ... many double players in Germany use it.

First I was also interested in the Synchro, but because I mainly play singles, I chose the Babolat Satelite Chrono instead. I like both rackets very much.

18. waldo98

waldo98 Regular Member

IT
    Check out some of RSL racquets. Most of their stuff is even balanced and is pretty sturdy. They are a bit cheaper than Yonex, but the quality is up to par.

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I don't know much about Pro Kennex racket, But I am pretty sure SOTX sells a lot more rackets worldwide than Pro Kennex..

They are made in China (as most things these days, if labour cost is an issue :) ). One refreshing thing with the SOTX brand is that they are not "cloning" Yonex or trying to be a "me too" brand... They have distinct different technologies in their rackets and is very popular in China (which I suppose is a bigger market for badminton gear than US :) )..

My personal experience is that they have VERY high quality and a wide range of rackets (even wider than Yonex,). They are not very cheap (their top end models are even MORE expensive than Yonex top-end). Apart from their Woven technology, they use kick point systems similar to what Gosen had on some rackets and and they also produce the lightest long +10mm racket that I know of (74g!!!!)... they have 2 year warranties and have high reccomended tension figures (and thereby warranties). Some models includes up to 35lbs warranty!!). probably best in the industry,

Pro Kennex on the other hand doesn't seem to be very innovative... muscle-bumps, concave, and nano are all "old news" :rolleyes:

/Twobeer

20. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned Apacs. Try it out. The Armor Power 800 especially. And far cheaper then most brands. The AP800 is DEFINITELY below a 100 dollars. If you pay more then that, then you got ripped off.