Stringing machines

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Quan, May 24, 2001.

1. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    Can you guys tell me some good tabletop stringing machines that are under $400usd. Is the eagnas any good? or the alphas? please tell me, thanks.

2. Mar

Mar Guest

Hawk 80 is good, 6 point mounting, and linear ball bearing string gripper, with dual swivel clamps $325usd.

I have same design with only 1 swivel clamp. easier with 2.

3. David

David Guest

Watch out with Eagnas stringing machine. I bought one and Kwun bought one. We had a lot of problem with the support. I broke four of the support because I was trying to tighten it so that it does not move. Anyway, Kwun sold his Hawk 80. I am trying my best to sell mine, Hawk 800 (Standing version with manual crank string tensioning). If you are interested, I am selling it for $350 including the badminton clamp + shipping. I spent approximately $650 on this machine.

I just don't think it's designed for badminton because the support is weak. Rating from the USRSA (United States Racquet Stringer Association @ www.usrsa.com) is very-very low on their machines. If you are serious, join the USRSA. Get the Stringing Machine reviews, I believe it's around $20-$30.

I suggest that you talk to the others and the vendor to find the right machine. It's a big investment. Don't jump on it as we did just because of the price. Expensive and fragile racquets is on the line.

Good luck!