User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    MOre power yes but coz he is taller he looked less dianamic compaired to Yap. The guy looked small next to cheah but bonce like a rubber ball when he jumped. Its like seeing a 6 foot tall do a slam dunk compaired to a 7 fooot 6 player. The hang time is longer and he looks like he defied the laws of gravity for a split second. That bald head of his might have add to the arodinamics of his jump.

And as i recall properly i said "a picture of awsom power" not the most powerfull smash (I hope he does not read this...might try to kill me for degrading his smash).
    haha..good one dunker. it was reli enjoyin watchin YKH fly all over the court. A piece of art, reli stretch to the limit.

for the time being, FHF and TBH smash caught my attention. "cant take my eyes off their games"...haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hang time

Quote Originally Posted by Nievk8701 View Post
    haha..good one dunker. it was reli enjoyin watchin YKH fly all over the court. A piece of art, reli stretch to the limit.

for the time being, FHF and TBH smash caught my attention. "cant take my eyes off their games"...haha
    y0!

Unlike basketball... hang time in badminton is not really a grand thing!
    The longer you stay in the air, the less time u got to take the next shot.
    The higher you jump, the longer it takes for you to touch the ground and this will affect the time u have to take the next shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    MOre power yes but coz he is taller he looked less dianamic compaired to Yap. The guy looked small next to cheah but bonce like a rubber ball when he jumped. Its like seeing a 6 foot tall do a slam dunk compaired to a 7 fooot 6 player. The hang time is longer and he looks like he defied the laws of gravity for a split second. That bald head of his might have add to the arodinamics of his jump.

And as i recall properly i said "a picture of awsom power" not the most powerfull smash (I hope he does not read this...might try to kill me for degrading his smash).
    Besides YKH, another springy lefthander is Yoo Yong Sung. Small guy but has awesome jumping smash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hang time is really cool.. for me, when i hang, i feel as if time stops for a split second, after that down the smash goes, of course, i may deceive my opponents with a drop too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if i had the hang time and power of yap kim hock then i will not be thinking too much of the bird comming back!!!hehehehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    y0!

Unlike basketball... hang time in badminton is not really a grand thing!
    The longer you stay in the air, the less time u got to take the next shot.
    The higher you jump, the longer it takes for you to touch the ground and this will affect the time u have to take the next shot.

but bear in mind, the higher u jump n being able to hit the shuttle from the highest point possible means u'll hv sharper smash so the shuttle will hit the ground sooner n this will gv the opponent a hard time to retrieve. apart frm that when u do jumpin smash the weight of ur body being pull by the force of gravity also contribute power to ur smash. last but not least, by jumpin up high u'll also hit the return shuttle frm ur opponent in shortest time possible, n return the shuttle bac to them in the shortest time, meanin giving them less time to get bac in position or preparin for another shot. its a great advantage.

or else all international player wouldn't do jumpin smash, they will keep their feet firm on the court n wait for the shuttle to drop within their reachable range before they smash.

jz my 2cent, please correct me if im wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Past

but bear in mind, the higher u jump n being able to hit the shuttle from the highest point possible means u'll hv sharper smash so the shuttle will hit the ground sooner n this will gv the opponent a hard time to retrieve. apart frm that when u do jumpin smash the weight of ur body being pull by the force of gravity also contribute power to ur smash. last but not least, by jumpin up high u'll also hit the return shuttle frm ur opponent in shortest time possible, n return the shuttle bac to them in the shortest time, meanin giving them less time to get bac in position or preparin for another shot. its a great advantage.

or else all international player wouldn't do jumpin smash, they will keep their feet firm on the court n wait for the shuttle to drop within their reachable range before they smash.

jz my 2cent, please correct me if im wrong.
    yess.. jump smash do produce more power & sharper angle but its consume a lot more energy than normal smash.

I remember during the 1996 to 2002 period, MS started to use the short serve regularly... and once the shuttle being lifted high up to the back. The player would jump to the highest point and smash powerfully. exp H.Arbi, Peter Gade (old one), taufik (old one) & etc.

Its a good way to play when 50% of the time the opponent can retrive your shots but nowadyas players has improve their defense a lot thus it almost impossible to kill with one shot. Of coz most star player can take the 2nd shot after JUMP SMASH but its very engery consuming as you has to dash at full speed to the next spot.

Human can only run 100m in full speeds not 10000m... so how long can you sustain those kinda speed.

Now, Ms is more on rally and finding open spaces... We are more likely to see REally High jumping smash in doubles nowadays.. where yo double players can cover the space u left behind...

The beauty of badminton, its not a all power game... u see tony&candra seldom JUMP to full height to smash.. Just a little to make use of body mass & gravity.!

Just to let ya know, I am an avid fans of Heryanto Arbi but I doubt his style still work today.

Cheers...
    Last edited by s1nn3r; 05-30-2007 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back to the 90s.have u seen how jalanu sidek did his smash?its...how can i explain.its amazing!!i dont have the pictures but if only u can see him in action.Hj.sidek have detected this since he is a kid.now,he is a legend for malaysia.for the recent players,i choose 2003 hafiz hashim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

The beauty of badminton, its not a all power game... u see tony&candra seldom JUMP to full height to smash.. Just a little to make use of body mass & gravity.!
    ..well, in essence, doubles game, esp. MD, is all about power and speed..And yes, jumpsmashing can drain a person's energy..
    Btw, speaking of "making use of body mass & gravity", have you or anyone else seen this pic of Tony from *last year's* Japan Open tourney??..hehe

Last edited by ctjcad; 05-30-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yess.. jump smash do produce more power & sharper angle but its consume a lot more energy than normal smash.

I remember during the 1996 to 2002 period, MS started to use the short serve regularly... and once the shuttle being lifted high up to the back. The player would jump to the highest point and smash powerfully. exp H.Arbi, Peter Gade (old one), taufik (old one) & etc.

Its a good way to play when 50% of the time the opponent can retrive your shots but nowadays players has improve their defense a lot thus it almost impossible to kill with one shot. Of coz most star player can take the 2nd shot after JUMP SMASH but its very engery consuming as you has to dash at full speed to the next spot.

Human can only run 100m in full speeds not 10000m... so how long can you sustain those kinda speed.

Now, Ms is more on rally and finding open spaces... We are more likely to see REally High jumping smash in doubles nowadays.. where yo double players can cover the space u left behind...

Just to let ya know, I am an avid fans of Heryanto Arbi but I doubt his style still work today.

Cheers...
    tot we were talkin bout YKH in the begining, now u change topic to MS pulak..hahaha

agree v u tat nowadyas players has improve their defense a lot, but definitely not agree tat it is impossible to kill v one shot(pls watch the nex tournament). u'll nvr c a defensive player shine in the badminton scene. yes player's defense has improve , the same goes to their attack.

no doubt jumpin smash required a lot of energy, but it also give u more chances to kill ur opponent's shot. every player also trainin hard to improve thier stamina n power, if u don hv the energy to play a powerful game til the end, it was u who didn't train hard enough.

badminton is an aggresive game.or else why being able to set the game or place the shuttle close to the net is so crucial?? tat is bcoz we mus force our opponent to lift the shuttle for us to kill. player will choose to play drive instead of lift the shuttle up high if they cant place it on the net bcoz they know the chances of being attack n kill is higher compare to if they keep the shuttle low.

hahaha...wondering if u only play drop shot n lop to d base durin a game. end of the day mayb u manage to save ur energy n walk steadily, but u've lost ur game wats the point? unless u r vry sure of ur opponent strength n u know u r a class above or else y save energy when u don even know whether or not u can proceed to the nex round??

s1nn3r no offence ya, jz frm my point of view, evryone has diff style of play if defensive play suits ur more jz go ahead. hehe

**Jumpin smash reli rocks, n tats wat make badminton match so lively to watch. go TBH, go FHF and forever YKH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ctjcad, i tot they are taufix and sony..hahaha

tony look dark in that pic..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sony???..

ctjcad, i tot they are taufix and sony..hahaha

tony look dark in that pic..
    ...with that muscular tummy of his??....naaaaahh.....That's Tony & Taufik..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arby's play would be too one dimentional for todays game, and unless u have other skills like wonderful shotmaking like gade and lindan to compliment the leaping power-smash, one cant go really far. BUt the point of the discussion is really not how useful the leaping smash is or how it should be employed, but how beautiful and exciting it is.

But by the way i am a defensive player, when up against an aggrasive player i just keep sending the shot back with minimal risk and error untill the oponent makes the mistake or get tired or get pissed...which ever comes first. Still the wonder of a full blooded jumping power smash is always nice to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default y0

tot we were talkin bout YKH in the begining, now u change topic to MS pulak..hahaha

agree v u tat nowadyas players has improve their defense a lot, but definitely not agree tat it is impossible to kill v one shot(pls watch the nex tournament). u'll nvr c a defensive player shine in the badminton scene. yes player's defense has improve , the same goes to their attack.

no doubt jumpin smash required a lot of energy, but it also give u more chances to kill ur opponent's shot. every player also trainin hard to improve thier stamina n power, if u don hv the energy to play a powerful game til the end, it was u who didn't train hard enough.

badminton is an aggresive game.or else why being able to set the game or place the shuttle close to the net is so crucial?? tat is bcoz we mus force our opponent to lift the shuttle for us to kill. player will choose to play drive instead of lift the shuttle up high if they cant place it on the net bcoz they know the chances of being attack n kill is higher compare to if they keep the shuttle low.

hahaha...wondering if u only play drop shot n lop to d base durin a game. end of the day mayb u manage to save ur energy n walk steadily, but u've lost ur game wats the point? unless u r vry sure of ur opponent strength n u know u r a class above or else y save energy when u don even know whether or not u can proceed to the nex round??

s1nn3r no offence ya, jz frm my point of view, evryone has diff style of play if defensive play suits ur more jz go ahead. hehe

**Jumpin smash reli rocks, n tats wat make badminton match so lively to watch. go TBH, go FHF and forever YKH.
    oh!! I forget that we are talking about YKh... hehehe..
    Jumping smash is the most attractive of badminton game move...

I used to smash smash & smash only when playing in tournaments...
    But found out that usually average players smash arent as effective, now in tournament i usually drop & lop to open up opponents.
    It's totally a different kinda game for the international... for average player is almost commit suicide to play like them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM. View Post
    I like the jumping smashs from Sigit, absolutely amazing

but this one is not bad too
    He is Jung jae sung!(in the picture who jumping man) Jung jae jung is best!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scminton View Post
    He is Jung jae sung!(in the picture who jumping man) Jung jae jung is best!!
    Just wow wow and wow . HE'S THE MAN.I've never heard his name but the jumping is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh my god, that's....1 metre high

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast