30ms or mp99?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by speedy, May 26, 2006.

1. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a backup for my cab 30ms.

My option is :

1) Mp99 or

2) Another cab 30ms

From the reviews, cab 30ms and mp99 are almost similar, except of course the mp99 is iso. Both are all rounder racquets with mp99 having a bit more higher balance point.

I'm more on the mp99 because I think it can generate more power in my smashes. (I'm not that happy with the smashes I got from cab 30ms)

What do you guys think?

Price is not a factor here, tq

2. LUKKK

LUKKK Regular Member

Student
    They are both similar rackets. I own both.

Both very even balanced, one is ISO, one is OVAL.
    30MS is not as stiff as the MP99, the 99 will require more arm strength to generate more power.

Both are great rackets, the CAB30MS is a bit more lively than the MP99.

3. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

I havent used any of those rackets..but i can this:

If u are using an oval frame, you might want to stick with it. Its was hard for me to change from oval to iso and vice versa. I dont know about you tho, you might be able to handle both very well without needing to adjust..otherwise, you'll need some time to adjust for sure, so you could just stick with another CAB 30MS.

I have no idea which racket is better tho :p

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It will take some time and effor to change in between oval and iso rackets. The reason about the smash might due to cab30ms has smaller sweet spot, which means if your smash is off the center, it's not as power as you expected. I have 2 solutions suggest to you:

1. Get 2nd cab30ms, and do more drills.

2. Sell the cab30ms, and save a bit more to get 2 MP99. :rolleyes:

5. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Thanks guys for the responses. Lukkk has stated that there's not much different between the two and he likes 30ms more. Zhangjia is saying that it would be hard to change from box to iso frame and that's what LB also thinks. I'm inclined to go for LB's suggestion of getting 2 MP99. But I would like to hear what others have to say.

People!

We're talking about two high end yonex racquets here. Many others are having a hard time figuring which racquet to buy because as we all know they're not cheap. I'm growing more fond of my 30ms every day I'm using it. I would'nt want to waste my money on mp99 if there isn't much advantage that it offers. This is where the help of you knowledgeable people are needed here

6. olle_whitehead

olle_whitehead Regular Member

although i absolutely adore my MP99 in fact i have two of them now but in your case i would buy another cab 30 ms becuase i feel if your going to have a back-up racket atleast if its the same its quicker to get used to

7. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Thanks so much for the response. I'll definitely be buying the 30ms because the mp99 will require me to make adjustments as you said, and that's not good in an intense doubles match.

Besides I'm now on a winning streak and my partner was just "startled,amazed etc" with my performance. My game has totally changed and I'm making shots which I never knew I could. All the nice reviews about 30ms that were given in the reviews section are true.

The mp99 has a better review than the 30ms. I'll start to switch to mp99 when I reach a point where I need to improve some more. Right now, another 30ms will be in my bag serving as a reliable backup. Thanks

8. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Guess what. I bought the MP99 eventhough the 30ms is excellent, just to get something more. Although its 3u, it feels heavier/more sluggish compared to 30ms. I have tried it for 2 weeks, playing 4 to 5 times per week, but it is just plain too stiff for me. Requires lots of efforts. Not for a beginner or intermediate player. I consider myself an intermediate player.

Last week I found the old ti10 in one of the stores. Its 2003 version, 2ug4. But suprisingly it feels light, lighter than than the 3u mp99:eek: . I'm serious about it. When I tried to swing it in the store I felt that I could get a very fast swing. I think this have got to be with the balance point.

I haven't tried ti10 before, only hearing the good things about it and I immediately fall in love with this racquet in my first game. Super feel, smash, drops, net plays, drives and defence. It has raised my game even to the next level. Will be buying one more as a backup but have to order from singapore cause hard to find in Malaysia. I hope they still have the old version.

I'll be selling my mp99 cause I couldn't get a fast swing with it, maybe due to the racquet being balanced. I heard people say ti10 is very stiff but I did'nt feel stiff at all. Maybe a head heavy racquet is the one suitable for me. So, AT700 is now my next target.

Just as a comparison, I can generate faster and easier swing with ti10 compared to mp99(3u), mp77(2u), mp66(3u), mp25(3u), at300(4u), cab 30ms(3u). I can swing as fast but not easier with cab21. Cab 21 is my favourite only that the 2u version feels so heavy in a doubles game.

One more thing to mention, the frame of ti10 is larger than the frame of mp99 and its sweetspot is a lot larger. Mp99 is really stiff and have a small sweetspot. I string my racquets at 23.5 lbs

Conclusion : Ti10 is most suitable for beginner to intermediate player. MP99 only fit for those pros or u high advanced people.