User Tag List

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Yes, that's true. And oh, the look of the Indian fans today just said it all... They were ecstatic beyond belief... as though India had won the Cricket's top prize or something... They should switch to badminton! We need more worldwide fans [and strong support in maintaining badminton as an Olympic sport]...
    After press conf, a group of 5 or 6 Indian men (I thought they're the same group who gave her an indian flag after the match) came down and stop her in front of press conf room. They gave her some chocolate bars as a gift (Silver Queen and Toblerone, they bought it instantly after the match in Istora minimart, for sure!) and offered a can of coffee candy to her.

The oldest man, a nearly bald-grey haired man, said to her, "Please take this as a gift from us, on behalf Indian community in Jakarta. Congratulation, you're really make us proud being Indian."

Saina was speechless... But I could see she really touched with that spontaneous gift.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For Mr Harvir Singh, it's also a Daughter's Gift on Fathers' Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    In my view of her plays in the Final against WL, Saina seems to have good talents; she played very smart! Very promising in WS future.
    She's a smart girl, indeed, not only inside the court. The way she speaks, answering questions, and express what she think, show it. Main threat for CHN WS in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Best win for me" says Saina..

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    ... I think SN will go on to win more tournaments with the guidance of her coach Gobichand, the former All-E MS champion. .
    ..she was under the direction of Atik (Atiek) Jauhari when she won the recently concluded Indonesian Open SS. Atik is also a former coach of Boonsak Ponsana.

http://sports.rediff.com/report/2009...esian-open.htm
    ================================================== ========
    June 21, 2009
    'It has to be my best win'

Moments after pulling off the biggest title victory of her career, Saina Nehwal said the triumph at the Indonesian Super Series was a "dream come true" but never expected it to come at such an early age.

World No 8 Saina beat No 3 Chinese Lin Wang 12-21, 21-18, 21-9 in a 49-minute hard-fought summit showdown in Jakarta.

"It is a dream come true for me, it couldn't have been better. I am elated, excited and shocked as well. I always wanted to win a Super series but I have never thought I will win it at such an early age," she said.

"I was playing well all these months but losing close matches against top ranked players, so it was a little difficult to believe that I have actually won. It took time for realisation to sink in," she said from Jakarta.

At the Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad, Saina put in umpteen hours as part of a strict daily training regimen and the 20-year-old player says she is happy that the hard work has finally paid off.

"I have always believed in working hard and have given everything in training and during the matches, and so I feel extremely happy and proud of my achievement," she said.

The Hyderabad-based girl, who won the Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold tournament in September, ranked the Indonesian Open title as her best ever performance till date.

"It has to be my best win because I have defeated two Chinese players in this tournament. There was Lan Lu, whom I defeated in straight games and then here today against Wang I rallied well and beat her under 10 points in the third game," Saina said.

Saina thanked her Indonesian coach Atik Jauhari for devising proper strategy for her so that she could win over Wang.

"The Indonesian supporters have been very supportive and I am thankful to coach, who gave me a very good plan as how to go about my match. The plan fell perfectly in place as she was under pressure," she said.

Saina is now eyeing the World Championship and a place in the top five.

"I want to break into the top five now, but my first priority is the World Championship in Hyderabad in August. I want to work harder and perform better with each match," she said.

Saina will next feature in the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold tournament, starting on June 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by copadh View Post
    After press conf, a group of 5 or 6 Indian men (I thought they're the same group who gave her an indian flag after the match) came down and stop her in front of press conf room. They gave her some chocolate bars as a gift (Silver Queen and Toblerone, they bought it instantly after the match in Istora minimart, for sure!) and offered a can of coffee candy to her.

The oldest man, a nearly bald-grey haired man, said to her, "Please take this as a gift from us, on behalf Indian community in Jakarta. Congratulation, you're really make us proud being Indian."

Saina was speechless... But I could see she really touched with that spontaneous gift.
    Thanks copadh, for sharing this interesting info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats, Saina!
    You will be the next Susi Susanti (non-chinese top WS player); winning WC and Olympic gold is within your reach, I believe.

btw I found an intersting picture of Saina here with Mr Huangkwokhau in the background.
    http://foto.detik.com/read/2009/06/2...indonesia-open

Again, congrats to Saina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's just 19...i believe many more glories will come ...China trops beware from now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    she's just 19...i believe many more glories will come ...China trops beware from now...
    India has only one competitive WS so far: Saina.
    While China...well, a legion.
    India needs 2 or 3 more good WSs to give enough threat to China WS force...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday, 22 June 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BAI announces cash award for Saina

New Delhi: Badminton Association of India (BAI) president V.K Verma has announced a cash award of Rs.2 lakh for Saina Nehwal for her title triumph in the Indonesia Super Series Sunday.

"Saina Nehwal's title win in Indonesia is a moment to cherish for Indian badminton. We have announced a cash incentive of Rs.2 lakh for Saina," Verma said.

"She has been the flag-bearer for Indian sport in the world. Like Prakash Padukone and then Pullela Gopichand, Saina has emerged as an icon for youngsters. Indian badminton will gain from her achievements at the international level," Verma said.

Verma said a lot of young players have come up in the junior ranks and Indian badminton is looking up.

"There are many junior players who have performed well at the international level recently and we are hopeful that in the coming years the sport will achieve more success at the international level."

Verma also thanked the Sports Ministry for their support in providing training and sending the players abroad.

Source: IANS
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey can ny1 giv me d link of d video of that match -saina in finals in indonesian open...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swapnilsauti View Post
    Hey can ny1 giv me d link of d video of that match -saina in finals in indonesian open...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=71895
    for English commentary

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=71877
    for Mandarin commentary

It's under WS finals. In future, you can refer the video sharing thread for uploads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas View Post
    Congrats, Saina!
    You will be the next Susi Susanti (non-chinese top WS player); winning WC and Olympic gold is within your reach, I believe.

btw I found an intersting picture of Saina here with Mr Huangkwokhau in the background.
    http://foto.detik.com/read/2009/06/2...indonesia-open

Again, congrats to Saina
    Too early........Only 1 win in the SS and you put her with The Legendary Susi Susanti, WC and OG??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes we never knows who will be suprsing us next ? but no party can dominate a category most of the time........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Too early........Only 1 win in the SS and you put her with The Legendary Susi Susanti, WC and OG??
    ..The world is waiting for the next Susy Susanti or Ye Zhaoying or Tang Jiuhong..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2009 Indonesia Open: Saina Nehwal won the Womens Singles title

CONGRATULATIONS TO SAINA !!!

Saina would be moving into the Top 5 WS World Ranking soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Yes I believe so. She is fearless, has a very strong desire to win, she believes in hard work, and she's a smart and fast learner too. Susi Susanti also had all that traits.

Saina is still so young, if she fails to grab WC title this year she will still have many years ahead ia. I believe she will achieve what Susi once achieved. I hope she proves me right. Lets just see how she progress.
    Last edited by Ningtyas; 06-22-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast