User Tag List

Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Saina Nehwal returned to practice on Monday 03-Aug-2009 to prepare for the WC

Quote Originally Posted by anirban View Post

Saina, Get Well Soon!

Saina Nehwal returned to practice on Monday 03-Aug-2009 to prepare for the 2009 World Championships.
    Source: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Fi...ractice/497701

Shivani Naik
    Tuesday 04-Aug-2009
    Mumbai

For all the challenges that Saina Nehwal has managed to brave on a badminton court, returning from a bout of mild chicken pox with a world championship only a week away is an altogether different proposition.

As Nehwal returned to practice on Monday at coach P Gopichandís academy after having given the irritation a week to subside, she spoke of the mental fortitude that sets her apart. ďI know sportspersons who, in a similar situation, would have given up, lost hope. But Iím mentally very strong and was always prepared to go back on court and give my best. I never gave not playing a thought,Ē she said after training for an hour on Monday and sounding unperturbed about the lost time.

ďIt felt good to come back, in fact I really enjoyed it out there. Itíll take two-three days to get my rhythm back, but Iím feeling alright now, and thereís no problem. Today I didnít feel exhausted,Ē she said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Saina Nehwal returned to practice on Monday 03-Aug-2009 to prepare for the 2009 World Championships.

Shivani Naik
    Tuesday 04-Aug-2009
    Mumbai

For all the challenges that Saina Nehwal has managed to brave on a badminton court, returning from a bout of mild chicken pox with a world championship only a week away is an altogether different proposition.

As Nehwal returned to practice on Monday at coach P Gopichandís academy after having given the irritation a week to subside, she spoke of the mental fortitude that sets her apart. ďI know sportspersons who, in a similar situation, would have given up, lost hope. But Iím mentally very strong and was always prepared to go back on court and give my best. I never gave not playing a thought,Ē she said after training for an hour on Monday and sounding unperturbed about the lost time.

ďIt felt good to come back, in fact I really enjoyed it out there. Itíll take two-three days to get my rhythm back, but Iím feeling alright now, and thereís no problem. Today I didnít feel exhausted,Ē she said.
    glat to hear that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

Shivani Naik
    Tuesday 04-Aug-2009
    Mumbai

It is really nice to hear this that She is back to court again. Thanks for the info, chris@ccc.
    Best of Luck to Saina! Good Luck to Us --- Indian Badminton Freaks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, she's back to training now.
    Hope she will be in the best condition ahead of the WC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India's badminton player Saina Nehwal (R) receives the "Arjuna" award from India's President Pratibha Patil (L) during the sports and adventure awards ceremony at the presidential palace in New Delhi August 29, 2009. Nehwal was conferred the award for her achievements in the field of badminton.
    REUTERS/B Mathur (INDIA SPORT BADMINTON SOCIETY)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cooler; 09-01-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Is the Arjuna Award akin..^^

..to say the Datukship, but more in the athletic field??..Should we call her now Arjun Saina Nehwal??..
    * I heard the recipient will receive a cash prize of abt Rs. 500,000, a bronze statuette of Arjuna and a scroll.
    ** A few notable previous Arjuna Award winners in badminton were Chetan Anand, Gopichand Pullela, Aparna Popat, Anup Shridnar & Prakash Padukone
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ** A few notable previous Arjuna Award winners in badminton were Chetan Anand, Gopichand Pullela, Aparna Popat, Anup Shridnar & Prakash Padukone
    oh no, i hope it's not a jinx. Isn't it the performance record of the above recipents declined after receiving their award?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    oh no, i hope it's not a jinx. Isn't it the performance record of the above recipents declined after receiving their award?
    i think Prakash Padukone still performin quite well till retirement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrulations...Saina

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so now, anyone wants to debate on this saina's arjuna(a.k.a Datukship) award?
    lol, anyway, we should call her arjuna saina nehwal now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    India's badminton player Saina Nehwal (R) receives the "Arjuna" award from India's President Pratibha Patil (L) during the sports and adventure awards ceremony at the presidential palace in New Delhi August 29, 2009. Nehwal was conferred the award for her achievements in the field of badminton.
    REUTERS/B Mathur (INDIA SPORT BADMINTON SOCIETY)
    I like her a lot. I think she got talents and she is very pretty as well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saina named sportsperson of the year by Sports magazine

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/5348175.cms

congrates to her
    is time to renew this thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saina is a breath of fresh air in badminton: Taufik

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/5356671.cms

"Saina is like a breath of fresh air in women's singles which has been dominated by the Chinese and coach Gopichand has been a great guide for her. I feel with Gopichand around, Saina will get the best tips and guidance which will help her perform and prolong her life in the court," Taufik said.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My wins have changed world's perception towards India: Saina

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/5358086.cms

"I never take my opponents as Chinese or Indonesian. But I feel with me winning more against them, the perception of the Chinese and the whole world towards India has changed," Saina said.

"It has also given other countries the confidence that we can also beat the Chinese. So it is not only about India but it has also inspired other countries to beat the Chinese in their game," she added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    so now, anyone wants to debate on this saina's arjuna(a.k.a Datukship) award?
    lol, anyway, we should call her arjuna saina nehwal now
    Arjuna award is given to only sport-person of some repute, so I don't think it is something like "Datukship". The equivalent awards in India are Padma awards (Padma-Shree, Padma-Bhushan) and the highest award Bharat Ratna.
    And, no George, even after getting a award, she won't be called Arjuna Saina Nehwal, since as per Indian constitution, all prefixes apart from academic ( like Dr. or Engineer) and military (Cmdr., Maj. etc ) are illegal.
    So sadly she will remain Saina Nehwal
    Anyway, I think she deserves this award because she has created a wave among Indian kids for badminton and she is a great model for Indian teenage girls.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see.. thanks for the info. vpsingh

Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 ... LastLast