User Tag List

Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is the only chinese slayer left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea ... but future looks good for RI as well ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt she just win the Singapore open 2010??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2010 Hong Kong Open SS: Saina Nehwal won !!!

Congratulations to Saina Nehwal for winning the 2010 Hong Kong Open SS Womens Singles title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Congratulations to Saina Nehwal for winning the 2010 Hong Kong Open SS Womens Singles title.

Good response. She will be much more famous that her counterpart in tennis(Sania) if SN keeps playing like this.

Edit: Actually she is already making more $$$ from ads compared to Sania Mirza. Hope she can eleveated badminton in India to a new level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job by beating the hottest or arguably the best woman player right now to win the HK Open. Even though I like WSX, but I also like to see a non-Chinese player able to challenge the Chinese WS players to make it more fun to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thereal View Post
    Didnt she just win the Singapore open 2010??
    ..if referring to Saina, then yes; in fact, she won 3 consecutive tourneys during that span (the India Open and the INA Open SS were the others, with S'pore Open SS sandwiched in between)..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Good response. She will be much more famous that her counterpart in tennis(Sania) if SN keeps playing like this.

Edit: Actually she is already making more $$$ from ads compared to Sania Mirza. Hope she can eleveated badminton in India to a new level.
    I mentioned in the HKSS Finals thread that Gillian Clark said Saina is the 6th highest earning sportsperson, only behind them superstar cricketers.

Now, that's amazing considering how much money is poured into cricket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I mentioned in the HKSS Finals thread that Gillian Clark said Saina is the 6th highest earning sportsperson, only behind them superstar cricketers.

Now, that's amazing considering how much money is poured into cricket.
    I don't find Gillian's comment easy to digest. Yes, cricketers are making lot of money, but Saina right after them! I don't think so.
    There are few tennis players (Leander Paes/Mahesh Bhupathi) and chess player (Vishwanathan Anand) who definitely earn more money. Perhaps she was talking of year 2010. Badminton is still some way to go in India.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Badminton is still some way to go in India

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    I don't find Gillian's comment easy to digest. Yes, cricketers are making lot of money, but Saina right after them! I don't think so.
    There are few tennis players (Leander Paes/Mahesh Bhupathi) and chess player (Vishwanathan Anand) who definitely earn more money. Perhaps she was talking of year 2010. Badminton is still some way to go in India.
    Yes, Gillian was only talking about this year, the year of 2010.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post

Yes, Gillian was only talking about this year, the year of 2010.
    We should ask her what exactly she means. I'm sure there must be many more than 6 cricket players making than Saina

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever she earned, Saina has progressed far this year compared to just about a year ago during the Super Series Finals 2009. All she needs now is a bit more on the soft touch deception to be complete. It always seemed that Saina worked the points too hard by applying power and speed all the time, and while it worked in HK, it could also backfire like in Guangzhou and almost did in CWG.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Saina is getting many sponsors this year, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    We should ask her what exactly she means. I'm sure there must be many more than 6 cricket players making than Saina
    No, SN is getting many sponsors this year, 2010. Only a few cricketers managed to get more than her. I have read articles from India about this. I haven't saved any of those articles, otherwise I would have given you all the links.

I am sure SN will get the World No. 1 ranking one day; Then perhaps she can outdo Indian cricketers.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-13-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, SN is getting many sponsors this year, 2010. Only a few cricketers managed to get more than her. I have read articles from India about this. I haven't saved any of those articles, otherwise I would have given you all the links.

I am sure SN will get the World No. 1 ranking one day; Then perhaps she can outdo Indian cricketers.
    Yes, fingers crossed, India's no. 1 seat is ranked no 26 [Chetan Anand] so our only hope for now, to achieve the no.1 seat would be SN...

Any idea which tournament is the most prestigious in badminton? I think it is the Yonex All England held every year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad that some indian news not covering her wins.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default IOA chief Kalmadi congratulates Saina

New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Suresh Kalmadi Monday congratulated shuttler Saina Nehwal for her sensational win in the Hong Kong Super Series calling her an 'inspiration' for young sportspersons across the country.
    The 20-year-old Indian, who won three back-to-back tournaments in Indian Open and the Indonesian and Singapore Super Series in June besides bagging a gold at the Commonwealth Games in October, capped a successful year with the title win in Hong Kong Sunday for her career's fourth Super Series title.

'I would like to congratulate Saina Nehwal for raising the bar yet again. She has kept the Indian flag fluttering on the badminton circuit. In fact, she is an ambassador not only for badminton but also for Olympic sport,' Kalmadi said.

'She has been among the most consistent performers in Indian sport this year, winning the Indian Open Grand Prix and the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.

'Saina has emerged as an inspiration to young sportspersons across the country and I am sure that, given her determination, dedication and discipline, she will continue to not only do well for herself and for India but also motivate thousands of young Indians to emulate her drive to conquer new frontiers.'

http://sify.com/news/ioa-chief-kalma...ntEschdje.html

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Saina Nehwal Wins Hong Kong Open, Says Want To Be Champion Always

"When I saw the trophy, I liked its colour. I really wanted to win it."

India’s Golden Girl Saina Nehwal has done it one more time for India by beating Shixian Wang of China in the Hong Kong Open Series. Although she suffered a setback in the beginning, by losing 15-21, she came back majestically to beat the Chinese 21-16, 21-17 in 71 minutes.

The world no 4 Saina though with the win proved to be one of the best badminton players ,might have to settle with no 3 spot . This is due to the fact that Saina did not take part in five enthralling Super Series tournaments; mainly in France, Denmark, Japan and 2 in China. She was playing the Commonwealth and Asian Games at that time.

Saina says, “It means a lot to beat the Chinese in the final as I had lost to her in the World Championship. I was disappointed after losing in the quarter-finals of the Asian Games that I could beat those two players in one tournament means a lot to me.” Even though she can’t be the at the top of the table, she says, “I won three Super Series titles, one Grand Prix and the Commonwealth Games gold. It has been a big year. I’m happy with my performances.”

By winning this Series, she has shut the mouth of her critics. Even after the Chinese winning the first game, Saina never lost her grip over this match. She came back by winning this famous Open. She says, “It was a tough game. Shixian was in good form. I was nervous at the start. I had to play with the wind. But after the first game loss, I found my rhythm as I controlled the shuttle. the game changed a lot after I took a 11-5 lead in the second.” Saina further says, “I want to be the champion always. I love winning. When I saw the trophy, I liked its colour. I really wanted to win it.”

Hyderabadi Pullela Gopi Chand is her coach and says, ““She played some very good shots at crucial times of the game and kept her nerve. That was important. It was a wonderful final.”

http://www.india-server.com/news/sai...ays-36482.html

Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 76 ... LastLast