User Tag List

Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    She is quite correct in her evaluation. Besides, the media in India have this totally stupid obsession with comparing the careers of the 2 girls; they are like apples and oranges! But I understand your point. What I found very disappointing however was this statement...

Just very unfair. There are many young girls from the smaller towns and even villages in India who have in recent years shone in their chosen sport, even becoming international champions. They work, train and push the envelope every bit as hard as Saina does; some even more so. In fact, Saina would do well to consider that she needs to add a few more arrows to her quiver, work really hard on her backhand (how come she has virtually no backhand to speak of, is a mystery to me!! ) and her courtcraft.

She has so far, been displaying a very stable and balanced head on her young shoulders. I just hope she is not getting too cocksure. Pride goes before a fall. Ask WYH.
    By the time ZN 'falls', she has earn enough to say 'bye bye', the moment is now to capitalize on her earnings, hit the kettle while it is still hot before she becomes yesterday woman and forgetable. Pro baddy is a business and a full time job...it is money that counts, the hardware is nice to look at, still money talks.
    And next year with the revamped WR system, wait till CHN unleash her mighty CHN women wall and see how ZN performs or any other woman performs. CHN will be aiming to send 3 WS to qualify for OLY12. So ZN might as well, reap all the rupees she can get and bank them after all a baddy career is fleeting at best.
    Even WX is not safe if she keep losing in finals.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 12-21-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZN ? Who is ZN? Is it SN = Saina Nehwal. I thought you were referring to Zhang Ning until the word Rupees appears.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow SN = Saina Nehwal

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    ZN ? Who is ZN? Is it SN = Saina Nehwal. I thought you were referring to Zhang Ning until the word Rupees appears.
    I am sure that OneToughBirdie was posting, meaning;
    ZN = Zhang Ning, and
    SN = Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Zhaina Nehwal
    OTB getting all his girls mixed up; that's a bad sign!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Typo...you are correct...I mean SN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zhaina Nehwal
    OTB getting all his girls mixed up; that's a bad sign!
    Wait till we talk about seasoned and mature ladies, now I really got them all mixed up...LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Wait till we talk about seasoned and mature ladies, now I really got them all mixed up...LOL
    So i guess between ZN and SN, the former would be your pick!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    So i guess between ZN and SN, the former would be your pick!
    Let's stay with SN, this is her thread...honestly, 2011 IMO will see CHN WS dominate and a scramble to make CHN OLY12 team...that is my prediction.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just found this atricle in a Mumbai paper, about 10 days old...

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2010/d...mpics-2012.htm

Saina will be Olympic champion: Coach Jauhari

By: Ashwin Ferro Date: 2010-12-14 Place: Pune

Ace shuttler's coach Atik Jauhari is confident of gold in London 2012

Indonesian master coach Atik Jauhari could not have wished to return home to Jakarta on a better high as he prepares to pack his bags given his contract with the Indian badminton team expires at the end of this month.

"Saina Nehwal's Hong Kong Super Series win (on Sunday) has been one of the most satisfying results of my 29-month long stint with Indian badminton. I can now happily go home and rest considering it's a job well done," the 62-year-old told MiD DAY from Hyderabad yesterday.

Saina Nehwal

No telephone call
    Surprisingly, even as Saina's mobile phone would have been continuously busy since Sunday as she would have been answering congratulatory messages from across the world, Jauhari and his ward have not had a chat. "We don't talk over the phone. I prefer to talk to her in person and so will be meeting her tomorrow at the Gopichand Academy," said Jauhari, who was all praise for the manner in which Saina calculatedly decimated her Chinese opponent Wang Shixian in the final.

Mental toughness
    "Saina could have easily lost the match after she went down in the first game. But it's mental toughness that got her through. She worked around Wang and eventually prevailed (15-21, 21-16, 21-17). It's a well earned victory," explained Jauhari, who has previously coached legends of the game like Indonesian Lim Swie King and India's Prakash Padukone.

For those who believe Saina's Asian Games disappointment was shocking, here's an antithesis. "There was less than a month between the New Delhi Commonwealth Games (Oct 3-14) and the Guangzhou Asian Games (Nov 12-27). And to add to this, since Saina won gold in Delhi there were loads of felicitation functions to attend too. This left her with absolutely no time to prepare for the Asian Games. So, I don't think her defeat in the quarter-finals of the Asiad is all that shocking," said Jauhari, even as he predicted a golden future ahead for the 20-year-old Hyderabadi.

Five years to peak
    "The golden age for a singles player is 25, so Saina has a long way to reach that peak age. Besides, most of her top opponents are older than her, which means they will quit the game by the time she hits her peak. I believe Saina will be an Olympic champion in London," said Jauhari.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is bold prediction, to say OLY12 gold in LD...nothing to discredit SN win in HK10 but WSX has nothing left in her leg in the 3rd set and waiting for "Saina calculatedly decimated her Chinese opponent Wang Shixian in the final", that would be true if SN capitalized on WSX tiredness.
    The biggest obstacle facing SN and rest of the world WS are from CHN, OLY12 rules allow max 3 WS from one country if they finished in the top 4 WR. I predict 2011 will see CHN fight hard to qualify 3 player and SS winners will be dominated by CHN. If Jauhari meant Tine, WMC are gonzo in OLY12 because they are old, I agree but not CHN WS, they just hit peak time.
    OLY12 WS gold will be CHN, I bet on that. The world needs SN, otherwise WS is the same CHN vrs CHN, great players, great performances though but not the same as nation vrs nation.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The lastest news...

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata), Friday | December 24, 2010

BWF pulls up Saina for pull-out
    OUR BUREAU

Mumbai/New Delhi:
    Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal faces disciplinary action and a fine of $5000 after the Badminton World Federation (BWF) issued her a showcause notice on Thursday for pulling out of the BWF Super Series final, to be held in Taipei, next month.

World No. 4 Saina pulled out of the Super Series final, to be played between January 5 and 9, citing a ligament strain in her left leg, the same injury that kept her out of the Indian Open Grand Prix, in Hyderabad, last week.

Admitting that she has received a letter from the international body, Saina said: “They (BWF) have asked for documentary evidence of injury. I will be sending the papers tomorrow (Friday),” said the ace shuttler.

Speaking on the matter, Saina’s father Harbir Singh said: “The letter from the BWF says Saina’s withdrawal has been accepted, but it goes on to mention that we have to submit the proof (of injury) and that the matter will go to the disciplinary committee.

“We wanted to give her two weeks’ rest. That’s why she didn’t play last week. But the swelling, which subsided after some rest, came back after she started practising.

“We will give the doctor’s certificate, that’s all we can do. We don’t know how they will decide.”
    --------------------------------------------------
    *Full article : http://www.telegraphindia.com/110122...y_13342884.jsp

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    did cba get fined for 2008 and 2009?
    it will be a big fat money for bwf if they using same standard
    lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    did cba get fined for 2008 and 2009?
    it will be a big fat money for bwf if they using same standard
    lol
    Aiya...BWF is a paper tiger when the real tiger LYB shows up and bark louder than BWF and BWF turns chicken...BWF only frighthen the small chicken who doesn't and can't fight back...anyway, in India, no problem getting doctor certificate, if BWF wants more, SN's dad can easily get more certificates...LOL

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Aiya...BWF is a paper tiger when the real tiger LYB shows up and bark louder than BWF and BWF turns chicken...BWF only frighthen the small chicken who doesn't and can't fight back...anyway, in India, no problem getting doctor certificate, if BWF wants more, SN's dad can easily get more certificates...LOL
    So... there is nothing wrong with Saina in your opinion?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I would guess that SN's injury is true

So... there is nothing wrong with Saina in your opinion?
    I would guess that SN's injury is true because she has been indicating all along that she would like to win the WS title at the SS Masters Finals.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Saina Withdraws from Malaysian Open

Saina to skip Malaysian Open too

M Ratnakar, TNN, Jan 6, 2011, 01.52am IST

HYDERABAD: A nagging ankle injury forced Saina Nehwal to withdraw from the Malaysian Open Super Series, scheduled to kick off on January 18.

This would be the third straight tournament she will be missing after injuring her right ankle in the final of the Hong Kong Open Super Series on December 19.

Confirming this, chief coach of the Indian team Pullela Gopichand told TOI: "She is making rapid progress, but is not fit enough for such a big tournament. Hopefully, she will recover soon," Gopichand said, adding that the world No.4 will be fit to play the Korea Super Series.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/7225787.cms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what makes saina special is the consistency of her performance in top level over the last few years and her ability to bounce back from nagging injuries

this hasnt been the case with quiet a few recent young indian players, starting with
    - anup sridhar : talked abt a lot after his win for TH at the 07 WC and then has just faded away after persistant injury issues.
    - arvind bhat : came back to top action post 27yrs of age and after recuperating from injury. did well in 08 and early 09 but again very inconsistent performances since then
    - aditi mutatkar : to me if she only managed to stay fit, this girl can do wonders. she is the only other indian player who can disturb saina. after a wonder year in 08 and a promising start to 09 where she was competetive even against chinese players, she has been plagued by injuries .... (though she is now in the finals of the indian nationals)

her adulation is purely because of her ability to be able to bring in results and all her glory is well deserved....

Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 78 ... LastLast