User Tag List

Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is on the good looking side as you commonly find women active in sports tend to be on the 'manly' side. I mean look at tennis players like Venus Williams! Rarely do we see women with features like Maria Sharopova (tennis), Xie Xinfang (badminton), Zhang Ning (badminton) and my favourite, Li Ling Wei (badminton).

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmm...... Chris Evert!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point exactly.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Looking ahead

From the publishers of THE HINDU

VOL.34 :: NO.14 :: Apr. 07, 2011

BADMINTON / INTERVIEW/SAINA NEHWAL

Looking ahead

Like all true champions, Saina Nehwal wants to leave behind her failures and disappointments and focus on her immediate goals: to win the Indian Open in April and perform well on the Asian circuit. By V. V. Subrahmanyam

It's not always that favourites have won the All England Championship. Even the best of players have faltered on a given day at this prestigious event, and that is exactly the reason why the All England Championship stands out from the rest of the tournaments. Well, this is how India's champion badminton player Saina Nehwal sees her failure to win the All England title this year.

Read the entire article here:
    http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/storie...7504702300.htm

Some quotes from the interview:

“But then, you can't expect me to win three titles in a row every time. Success and failure are part of any champion's career.”

“You need a bit of luck to keep winning consistently. I am aware that I have to cut down on the negatives,”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    From the publishers of THE HINDU

VOL.34 :: NO.14 :: Apr. 07, 2011

BADMINTON / INTERVIEW/SAINA NEHWAL

Looking ahead

Like all true champions, Saina Nehwal wants to leave behind her failures and disappointments and focus on her immediate goals: to win the Indian Open in April and perform well on the Asian circuit. By V. V. Subrahmanyam

It's not always that favourites have won the All England Championship. Even the best of players have faltered on a given day at this prestigious event, and that is exactly the reason why the All England Championship stands out from the rest of the tournaments. Well, this is how India's champion badminton player Saina Nehwal sees her failure to win the All England title this year.

Read the entire article here:
    http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/storie...7504702300.htm

Some quotes from the interview:

“But then, you can't expect me to win three titles in a row every time. Success and failure are part of any champion's career.”

“You need a bit of luck to keep winning consistently. I am aware that I have to cut down on the negatives,”
    I think SN will win the AE within 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is the Indian future for Badminton.hope she doesnt lose her focus at any stage soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is good but lack of "soft touch" in her games... also lack of variety shots... instead her game is quite predictable and simple...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seen her play in swiss open ... she is very very good.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    She is on the good looking side as you commonly find women active in sports tend to be on the 'manly' side. I mean look at tennis players like Venus Williams! Rarely do we see women with features like Maria Sharopova (tennis), Xie Xinfang (badminton), Zhang Ning (badminton) and my favourite, Li Ling Wei (badminton).
    What features does XXF have other than a young boys body and the hairdo of a scarecrow? I think you need to watch more sports if you can only come up with those names ...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    She is good but lack of "soft touch" in her games... also lack of variety shots... instead her game is quite predictable and simple...
    Had barely if at all watched any of her matches until the recent AE but based on those I agree with that. Hard, harder, hardest ... beat it if you can . Only against Hirose it self destructed with who knows how many smashes into the net as a result of over-aggressiveness. Can't say I'd fault her for it ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Injury in December 2010 could delay Saina's progress

Quote Originally Posted by Tanvi Mor View Post
    She is the Indian future for Badminton.hope she doesnt lose her focus at any stage soon!
    I think Saina would not lose her focus. But, the injury (ligament problem) she suffered in December 2010 could delay her ambition.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Top Seeds for India Open SS

Lee Chong Wei and Saina Nehwal are top seeds in singles draw of the India Open Super Series 2011

Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei and India’s Saina Nehwal are placed at the top in Men’s and Women’s Singles draws respectively, for the upcoming event of India Open Super Series 2011. The event will take place at the Siri Fort Complex, India from 26 April to 1 May.
    All of the top Chinese shuttlers are not participating in this event because they will appear in the Asian Badminton Championship, which is going to be held in China from 19-24 April.

In the category of Men’s Singles, Chong Wei will start off his campaign as top seed of the event. The former World Champion and Olympic Gold Medallist, Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia will be the second seed and Peter Hoeg Gade of Denmark will be the third seed in the Men’s category.

Chong Wei has a great opportunity to win the title as his nemesis, Lin Dan of China, will not be there in this event to stop his way. Taufik and Gade are also regarded as the all times best shuttlers in the world and will also put up a good show in the singles category to earn more ranking points for the World Badminton Championship 2011 and for the 2012 London Olympics as well.

In the category of Women’s Singles, Saina is placed at the top as the top Chinese ladies including, World Number one Wang Shixian and World Number two Wang Yihan will not play in this event.

The Swiss Open champion and World Number three, Saina, has a great opportunity to continue her winning streak in the absence of the Chinese shuttlers. The second seed in the Women’s category is Tine Baun of Denmark, whereas Youn Joo Bae of Korea is placed at number three in the list of seeded players.

If Saina manages to win the event, she will also occupy the second spot in the world rankings as she is not far behind the World Number two Wang Yihan of China. Chong Wei is expected to stretch the gap between him and the World Number two Lin Dan, by winning this event.

The second seed, Taufik, will also be looking forward to get back the World Number two spot by delivering a good performance in India. He is very close to Lin in the points table of Men’s Singles world rankings.

source: http://blogs.bettor.com/Lee-Chong-We...es-2011-a62111

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Saina's Handwriting Analysis

What does Saina Nehwal's Signature say about her Personality?

You can find out here:

http://thehandwritinganalyst.blogspo...ature-say.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    What does Saina Nehwal's Signature say about her Personality?

You can find out here:

http://thehandwritinganalyst.blogspo...ature-say.html

Most sporting stars on the rise have had their signatures designed for them. Some are advised to change their signature for reasons not aesthetically related (mostly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weight your odd that Saina winning Olympics medals

Here is a hypothetical question: What odd would you give Saina that she will win an Olympics medal in her career? So, 3 answers: Bronze? Silver? Gold?

Given she reached the QF in 2008 (now have high expectation). She will definitely be there in 2012. Very good chance to be there in 2016 (unless due to injury or retirement). I think a decent chance in 2020 (at 30 y.o.) but a smaller chance in 2024 (at 34 but there aren't many young India players pushing her to retire). So, she has 5 shots (ok, already used 1) to get a medal. What would you weight her odd? Of course, we don't know the answer for another 13 years

OK, here is my take.

• Bronze - 90% chance. I wanted to say 100% but life is never certain. So I settled for 90%.
    • Silver - 40% chance. I think it will be hard for her to win the SF match because she will likely run into 1 or 2 CHN WS players which she has 4-11 record.
    • Gold - 20% chance. If she gets by 1 CHN WS in the SF, she probably get another one for F. Will be tough but I think if she can get to the Final, she will be fine even with the pressure.

So, what do you guys think? Please weight in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if she has 20% chance (1 in 5) with 5 olympics you think she will win?

I think she could win a medal, but I doubt it unless she improves her agility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    So if she has 20% chance (1 in 5) with 5 olympics you think she will win?

I think she could win a medal, but I doubt it unless she improves her agility.
    Well, she already used up 1 Olympics. Who knows whether she will be competitive or even playing by 2020/2024. I think she has a good shot in 2012 and 2016. Do you think my 1/5 is too high or too low?

Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast