User Tag List

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina should try to emulate LCW. There were doubts about LCW's mental strength and he is constantly the only Malaysian left in the tournament but he has gotten so used to it that his mental strength improved and he is able to win despite under heavy pressure from the media with no other Malaysians left. Saina is still young, mental strength will come with experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    That was pretty arrogant of the reporter to call Ai Goto "little-known".
    this just proved that the reporter is so "little-known", knows so little about badminton world...
    Last edited by Jonc108; 04-30-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jai ho.....................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Saina should try to emulate LCW. There were doubts about LCW's mental strength and he is constantly the only Malaysian left in the tournament but he has gotten so used to it that his mental strength improved and he is able to win despite under heavy pressure from the media with no other Malaysians left. Saina is still young, mental strength will come with experience.
    What she said actually reflects that she was actually like to emulate LCW in order to release pressure from her defeats...

Yet the pressure is never the same... LCW burden a much greater pressure, considering how much bigger badminton in MAS compared with India??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    jai ho.....................
    what this suppose to mean ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bhinneka View Post
    what this suppose to mean ?
    "Jai Ho" = Wishing Win! (in Indian National Language)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She will hohoho in so, mo, io... aha..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ENP, what you been smoking today????

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Saina Nehwal is still India's No.1

Quote Originally Posted by Tanvi Mor View Post
    She is out in the first round...its shocking as it was in the home courts...but guess it wasnt her day! I am sure even the best of the players dont have it their way all the time!
    Tanvi Mor, Not to worry; Saina will get to play in many home tournaments to prove that she is still India's No.1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after beating Wang Lin in the quarters, she will now face Wang Xin in the finals. if she continues to beat top Chinese players (including WSX in Hongkong Open), then i guess she'll have the confidence to win over the Chinese in the future...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she did pretty good in this tournament, stretching wang xin to 3 games at 14-14, and then from there seems she was missing that extra gear.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she was slightly injured(old injury) during the semi final match against korea

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Gopi not to train Saina

Gopi not to train Saina

Full story: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle2014165.ece

The Hindu
    HYDERABAD, May 13, 2011

India's ace woman shuttler and World No. 4 Saina Nehwal will not be trained by Pullela Gopi Chand anymore.

“Since, Gopi Chand is the national coach and has to take care of the other players and also the Academy training programme, we mutually agreed that Bhaskar Babu (SAI coach) will pay the desired individual attention to me,” Saina Nehwal toldThe Hindu.

“It hurts when people are already trying to project some sort of rivalry between me and Gopi Chand,” a visibly disturbed Saina said.

“Bhaskar Babu will be the travelling coach with me for all the events henceforth. It is important to remind you that he has been doing that for most of the events whenever the national coach was not available,” said Saina. “I don't see anything wrong with this sort of mutual agreement. What is important is that since I have been winning so many tournaments when Bhaskar Babu is around, it should not matter much,” she added.

“Let me make it clear that I continue to train at the Gopi Chand Academy and will be there for it is the best training centre for badminton in India,” Saina said.

Gopi Chand meanwhile said, “It is not as if we are parting ways as is being projected by many. It is always our intense desire that Saina wins the World championship one day. It may look odd to outsiders, but this agreement is mutually beneficial to both of us.”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Bhaskar Babu will be the travelling coach with Saina

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Gopi not to train Saina

Full story: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle2014165.ece

The Hindu
    HYDERABAD, May 13, 2011

India's ace woman shuttler and World No. 4 Saina Nehwal will not be trained by Pullela Gopi Chand anymore.

“Since, Gopi Chand is the national coach and has to take care of the other players and also the Academy training programme, we mutually agreed that Bhaskar Babu (SAI coach) will pay the desired individual attention to me,” Saina Nehwal toldThe Hindu.

“It hurts when people are already trying to project some sort of rivalry between me and Gopi Chand,” a visibly disturbed Saina said.

Bhaskar Babu will be the travelling coach with me for all the events henceforth. It is important to remind you that he has been doing that for most of the events whenever the national coach was not available,” said Saina. “I don't see anything wrong with this sort of mutual agreement. What is important is that since I have been winning so many tournaments when Bhaskar Babu is around, it should not matter much,” she added.

“Let me make it clear that I continue to train at the Gopi Chand Academy and will be there for it is the best training centre for badminton in India,” Saina said.

Gopi Chand meanwhile said, “It is not as if we are parting ways as is being projected by many. It is always our intense desire that Saina wins the World championship one day. It may look odd to outsiders, but this agreement is mutually beneficial to both of us.”
    This is a good sign; that Gopi Chand, Saina Nehwal and Bhaskar Babu are all in agreement.

We can see this type of arrangement in other sports. So why not for Badminton?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    This is a good sign; that Gopi Chand, Saina Nehwal and Bhaskar Babu are all in agreement.

We can see this type of arrangement in other sports. So why not for Badminton?
    Agreed. This also leaves Gopi with more time for other players and newbies. Although I still feel they need to bring in some outside pros as well. Just my strong feeling that they will benefit from coaches with other techniques.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happen to Chetand Anand? Morten Frost used to hail him as the next best player in badminton.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default “All this thanks to Saina Nehwal,”

“All this thanks to Saina Nehwal”

The Hindu
    Wed May 18, 2011 20:39 IST

The new game
    May 18, 2011
    V. V. SUBRAHMANYAM

What is most discernible during a visit to any sports complex during this summer, is the huge demand for booking slots to play badminton. And it was no different at Vijayanagar Colony GHMC Sports Complex the other morning when the official in-charge Raj Kumar was struggling to satisfy the enthusiastic shuttlers. “All this thanks to Saina Nehwal,” he insists.

As part of the efforts to accommodate aspiring players, GHMC took the services of national umpire and qualified NIS coach Ravi Anand Kumar to take up the task of coaching.

“Even if we have another four indoor stadia in the vicinity, we may not be able to meet this demand,” says another GHMC Circle in-charge Prithviraj.

Full story: http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-...service=mobile

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast