User Tag List

Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal aims to get back into top three

Saina Nehwal is determined to put behind the disappointment of losing in the quarter-finals of the World Championships as she readies for the China Masters and Japan Super Series.

Saina said she was confident of a good show at the China Masters, which begins on Wednesday.

"I have not played any tournament since the World Championships (in August). I have been training really hard and feel I can give a good account of myself," she told Mail Today.

Currently ranked fifth in the world, the Hyderabadi said that her main aim was to get back into the top three.

"There are no more major events this year. So my aim is to break into the top three and end the year on a high. The China Masters is one of the toughest tournaments on the circuit because all the Chinese players compete in it," she said.

In the tournament, Saina has an easy draw till the quarterfinals. She opens her campaign against compatriot Aditi Mutatkar.

"She has come through a tough qualifying round. I do not look forward to playing her in the opening round," Saina said.

In the quarter-finals, she is up against world champion Wang Shixian.

"She is one of the most consistent players in the world right now. It is a challenge which I look forward to," she said.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/saina-nehwal-aims-to-get-back-into-top-three/1/151076.html?cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's wait and see how she fare in china masters.. Wang Shi Xian is still in the field after the first day

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the hell did the organizers put this match last?

To tire Saina?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Saina Nehwal aims to get back into top three

Saina Nehwal is determined to put behind the disappointment of losing in the quarter-finals of the World Championships as she readies for the China Masters and Japan Super Series.

Saina said she was confident of a good show at the China Masters, which begins on Wednesday.

"I have not played any tournament since the World Championships (in August). I have been training really hard and feel I can give a good account of myself," she told Mail Today.

Currently ranked fifth in the world, the Hyderabadi said that her main aim was to get back into the top three.

"There are no more major events this year. So my aim is to break into the top three and end the year on a high. The China Masters is one of the toughest tournaments on the circuit because all the Chinese players compete in it," she said.

In the tournament, Saina has an easy draw till the quarterfinals. She opens her campaign against compatriot Aditi Mutatkar.

"She has come through a tough qualifying round. I do not look forward to playing her in the opening round," Saina said.

In the quarter-finals, she is up against world champion Wang Shixian.

"She is one of the most consistent players in the world right now. It is a challenge which I look forward to," she said.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/saina-nehwal-aims-to-get-back-into-top-three/1/151076.html?cp
    when did Wang Shixian became World Champion.???
    i guess the report is about Wang Yihan who will meet Saina in Quarter Finals....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Something is definitely lacking in the preparation, tranining schedule and strategizing for Saina. She is well on her way to acquiring the tag of "choker" for major tournaments. She did it again at the China Masters, going down tamely to Wang Yihan who was on fire.

Saina can do much better, but there are some ingredients very obviously lacking. Until she and her team or trainers, support staff and managers remain in denial and don't make the effort to step away from the situation and review it (and their role and performance) dispassionately, Saina is probably doomed to serve up the odd upset here or there. Always the handmaiden, never the bride.

A sad situation for a girl who promised so much.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post

To tire Saina?
    i don't see the motivation to do that. afterall, her potential next day opponents are Tee Jing Yi or Ayane. neither of which the organizer cares about.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina is participating in the Japan Open, where she is seeded 4; her first round begins 21 September.

Saina will have to be on top of her game from the very first round. She meets Ratchanok Inthanon first off. If she gets past, she will be up against either Salakjit or Fu Mingtian -- neither of them are pushovers.

If she manages to get past them, she will probably be up against Cheng Shao Chieh, who is rediscovering her love for the game!

If she manages to beat CSC, she will be up against WSX in the semis.

Almost without exception, all the players she will bump into have been in form that is between really good to great. Saina herself is going through a very unsettled period and does not appear to be coming through with a clear, consistent and positive gameplan. Her physical condition/conditioning is probably also of concern.

I really hope she proves me wrong!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post

To tire Saina?
    They can 'FIX' it if they want to

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina prevailed quite comfortably against Inthanon in the round of 32 at the Japan Open.

She will be up against Fu Mingtian of Singapore next. FM has been a constantly improving player and will not be a pushover; she also tends to be more consistent than the mercurial and temperamental Inthanon. But if Saina is fit, she should be able to win the match comfortably enough, nevertheless.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina prevailed over Fu Mingtian in straight games 21-17, 21-16.
    She now advances to the quarter-finals, where another girl from Singapore, Gu Juan is waiting for her.
    They have played once before in 2008, and Saina won in straight games then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has a very good chance to advance to the semi final.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina had a pretty easy match against Gu Juan, and finished it off in less than half an hour.
    The real hard part of the tournament begins tomorrow, when she will be up against Juliane Schenk.
    Juliane is playing some of the best badminton of her life since the past few months, and has been consistently knocking out some of the top players in the world.
    Although the head-to-head puts Saina ahead 5-2, it means nothing on the day: it's a new match-up, and Juliane will be out to bring parity to the record.
    Saina will need to bring all her court-craft with her tomorrow...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina's loss of form not a big concern, says coach Gopichand
    24 Sep 2011, 08:15 PM
    http://post.jagran.com/sainas-form-n...and-1316875274

Excerpts:

"Last year was fantastic. While this year has not been that great. Having said that she reached the semifinals and had a couple of decent runs till the semifinals. And it looked better than the previous tournament," he told reporters on the sidelines of the India International Sports Summit.

..."I haven't spoken to her post the match. But I'm sure we will iron out those things. These are minor things. I'm sure they can be sorted out.

"There are still five Super Series level tournaments left till the end of the year. Hopefully, we will get her back to form," he added.

"Earlier in the year, she had a couple of fitness issues but she overcame those. It seems to be a case of bad form. Hopefully, we will rectify that. And we just need to redeem and get back to do some work on her," Gopichand said.

To a query on India's preparation for next year's London Olympics, Gopichand said, "I think the run-up to the Olympics is important. The 2-3 months before the Olympics are important. We have to talk to everyone to give them confidence. But what really matters is winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a spirited performance in French open against
    Li Xuerui. Never mind loosing a match like this
    18-21 and 29-30.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not give up on Saina.

Let's hope that Saina can come in her next tournament.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she can do well there as she is the defending champion in Hong Kong....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2011 to date has not been a good year for Saina Nehwal.
    She won only one grand prix tournament, ie, the Swiss Open.
    She reached the finals of the Malaysian Grand Prix and the Indonesian Super Series tournaments but was eliminated in the 1st round of the China and India Opens by unseeded opponents.
    She also lost in the 2
    nd round of the Korean, Singapore, Denmark and French Opens, all, to unseeded players.
    What has happened? SN has so far played in 15 tournaments, excluding the Sudirman Cup tournament.
    Is she over-playing and getting burnt out in the process?
    P Gopichand, her coach, should be aware of the risk as SN could be unseeded for the 2012 OG.
    Last edited by skchen; 11-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast