User Tag List

Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 732 to 748 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

  1. #732
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    She can train with male players. I remember Camilla Martin once said she trained with male players to improve her game. If she can beat an average India male pro, she can definitely beat WYH and LXR easily.
    Agreed, but now the male players will find her not up to their standard.
    Typically when playing against a lower skilled player, people tend to play differently.
    In my case I tend to work on moving the player all around the court and try some shots I would normally never attempt, trick shots etc.

  2. #733
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangtaiji View Post
    there you go from Times of India


    On the Chinese challenge, Saina said, "I am not worried about it. I know I should beat a few Chinese to win the title. I may face Xuerui in the quarters. She is not very tough to beat. In semis I would meet Wang Xin. It will be a tough contest. But I am not thinking that far and as always I will concentrate only on the first match I play," she said.
    Man, can we move on, this issue has been milked dry. She probably talks crap or the press trying to spice up the story, either way lets take a proactive approach and advice what she should be saying.

  3. #734
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,665
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Agreed, but now the male players will find her not up to their standard.
    Typically when playing against a lower skilled player, people tend to play differently.
    In my case I tend to work on moving the player all around the court and try some shots I would normally never attempt, trick shots etc.
    There are a couple of short clips floating around on youtube showing her practising 3 on 1 with some young boys who apparently are just training at the academy. What struck me was that the entire practise gave the impression of no one really wanting to be there - neither the boys, nor Saina. And the routine itself did not look correct somehow, like no one had taken the trouble to show the boys the sequence.

    Of course I may be off the mark with my observations. But if I am right, then it only reinforces my belief that the coaching system, and the training system itself needs to be reviewed very urgently. Any academy where the national team members train must be operating with total commitment to a professional approach.

  4. #735
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    There are a couple of short clips floating around on youtube showing her practising 3 on 1 with some young boys who apparently are just training at the academy. What struck me was that the entire practise gave the impression of no one really wanting to be there - neither the boys, nor Saina. And the routine itself did not look correct somehow, like no one had taken the trouble to show the boys the sequence.

    Of course I may be off the mark with my observations. But if I am right, then it only reinforces my belief that the coaching system, and the training system itself needs to be reviewed very urgently. Any academy where the national team members train must be operating with total commitment to a professional approach.
    If you are right, this is very disturbing. The trainees will never reach their potential in this case.
    On a side note, I now see a new coach (Indonesian??) beside Gopichand on the coaches bench. You know anything about this?

  5. #736
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,665
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    If you are right, this is very disturbing. The trainees will never reach their potential in this case.
    On a side note, I now see a new coach (Indonesian??) beside Gopichand on the coaches bench. You know anything about this?
    I could find only 2 names, but I don't know anything beyond the names themselves

    Risqi Budi Raharjo, and Edwin Iriwan.
    Apparently, P V Sindhu trains under Iriwan.
    Last edited by cobalt; 04-30-2012 at 01:22 AM.

  6. #737
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I could find only 2 names, but I don't know anything beyond the names themselves

    Risqi Budi Raharjo, and Edwin Iriwan.
    Apparently, P V Sindhu trains under Iriwan.
    Good to know that at least they are working on the coaches. Hope this translates to an improvement on the training system. Chinese/Korean coaches will be the best, maybe Li Ma (did I get the name right?) / Park Joo Bong?

  7. #738
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=huangtaiji;1891016]This plight she is going through has been brought by no one but herself. It's obvious if you promised and talked too much but failed to deliver up to expectation, you are definitely drawing lots of flak for underperforming.How come other players who time from time again lost to the Chinese players or fail to even win a title hardly get criticised for their poor performance? Because they dont talk too much like her.I was quite disappointed by the way she described China as the powerhouse that always have linesmen to back them up at home, implying her loss in China was due to the fact China needs to cheat. It became worse when i read somewhere in the newspaper where she stated Li Xuerui was not a tough opponent to play against. Whether it has been a misinterpretation or mistranslation, one should have the decent level of rationale to watch and be mindful of the what are the correct words to be used to express your confidence or thoughtsSeems she will be demonised by quite a number of people for quite some time even if she managed to win the Olympics.[/QUOTE )Saina is not talking too much. She is just probably the most articulate badminton professional on the circuit. I chatted with her once. She comes across as a very intelligent, sensible girl. If you are articulate, it s very difficult to just not express your opinion. Besides, she is sponsored by an Indian newspaper. Her comments about LXR may be true at that point in time before LXR got on the roll but you persist in raking it up to make your point. Some people have a bad habit of placing history in the present context. The problem lies with you, not Saina. Saina is right about China cheating. In the past, it used to be line judging and umpiring. Now China got desperate and added on walkovers. Well, there is a 50% chance that JS got cheated of 1400 ranking points and US$7500? because LXR got a match discount when JYJ gave her a walkover. Why can t China have the decency and pride to just have a fake match. Perhaps LYB fears even a fake match may jeopardise LXR s chances. It tells how little confidence LYB has in his players. Who knows CHN may not even swing a title in OG12. How did CL defeat LCW? After a match discount.

  8. #739
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=pjswift;1891303]
    Quote Originally Posted by huangtaiji View Post
    This plight she is going through has been brought by no one but herself. It's obvious if you promised and talked too much but failed to deliver up to expectation, you are definitely drawing lots of flak for underperforming.How come other players who time from time again lost to the Chinese players or fail to even win a title hardly get criticised for their poor performance? Because they dont talk too much like her.I was quite disappointed by the way she described China as the powerhouse that always have linesmen to back them up at home, implying her loss in China was due to the fact China needs to cheat. It became worse when i read somewhere in the newspaper where she stated Li Xuerui was not a tough opponent to play against. Whether it has been a misinterpretation or mistranslation, one should have the decent level of rationale to watch and be mindful of the what are the correct words to be used to express your confidence or thoughtsSeems she will be demonised by quite a number of people for quite some time even if she managed to win the Olympics.[/QUOTE )Saina is not talking too much. She is just probably the most articulate badminton professional on the circuit. I chatted with her once. She comes across as a very intelligent, sensible girl. If you are articulate, it s very difficult to just not express your opinion. Besides, she is sponsored by an Indian newspaper. Her comments about LXR may be true at that point in time before LXR got on the roll but you persist in raking it up to make your point. Some people have a bad habit of placing history in the present context. The problem lies with you, not Saina. Saina is right about China cheating. In the past, it used to be line judging and umpiring. Now China got desperate and added on walkovers. Well, there is a 50% chance that JS got cheated of 1400 ranking points and US$7500? because LXR got a match discount when JYJ gave her a walkover. Why can t China have the decency and pride to just have a fake match. Perhaps LYB fears even a fake match may jeopardise LXR s chances. It tells how little confidence LYB has in his players. Who knows CHN may not even swing a title in OG12. How did CL defeat LCW? After a match discount.
    Bla Bla Bla..I wont deny the fact China cheats every now and then to win, hey it's tactics my friend...but the way she was making those statements to defend her loss to Chen Xiao Jia, an epitome of sore loser who refused to accept her defeat despite coming across one/two dodgy line calls..

    But that doesn't change the fact that Chen Xiao Jia was a better player than her who beat her soundly in two straight games..Why she never bash the Chinese for cheating during the WSS 2011 and China Masters against Wang Yihan or other players who defeated her because they beat her fair and square

    The defeat to Chen Xiao Jia was too unacceptable for her so she started talking to the press hence in effect spamming dozens of articles online about China as a cheating nation..is that even necessary come on, go to such extreme length to defend her reputation.

    Somebody help me on this JustinL or AlanY. Sure China cheats but you have to admit the players are still genuinely better than her to win big titles on merit. Her flak on the Chinese practice was simply motivated by her sore loser-ness..

  9. #740
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,665
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Saina is not talking too much. She is just probably the most articulate badminton professional on the circuit. I chatted with her once. She comes across as a very intelligent, sensible girl. If you are articulate, it s very difficult to just not express your opinion. Besides, she is sponsored by an Indian newspaper. Her comments about LXR may be true at that point in time before LXR got on the roll but you persist in raking it up to make your point. Some people have a bad habit of placing history in the present context. The problem lies with you, not Saina. Saina is right about China cheating. In the past, it used to be line judging and umpiring. Now China got desperate and added on walkovers. Well, there is a 50% chance that JS got cheated of 1400 ranking points and US$7500? because LXR got a match discount when JYJ gave her a walkover. Why can t China have the decency and pride to just have a fake match. Perhaps LYB fears even a fake match may jeopardise LXR s chances. It tells how little confidence LYB has in his players. Who knows CHN may not even swing a title in OG12. How did CL defeat LCW? After a match discount.
    The trouble here is that you are offering rational thoughts and observations. That presupposes that the people your content is aimed at, are rational, and sans agenda. Or that they are not prejudiced. Or that they are not nationalistic; or anti-nationalistic. Or manipulative. Or manipulated. Or guilty of the very acts they denounce so stridently or violently. Or opinionated bigots. Or simply confused children who have this need to be heard.

    I once walked into a lunatic asylum, looked around at the chaos. I was aghast. I shouted at them, "You are lunatics!!" It was like no one heard me. But someone had; the supervisor took me aside and said, "They are lunatics; that is why they are here. But what do you think you're doing?"

  10. #741
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Miqilin7;1891534]
    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Bla Bla Bla..I wont deny the fact China cheats every now and then to win, hey it's tactics my friend...but the way she was making those statements to defend her loss to Chen Xiao Jia, an epitome of sore loser who refused to accept her defeat despite coming across one/two dodgy line calls..But that doesn't change the fact that Chen Xiao Jia was a better player than her who beat her soundly in two straight games..Why she never bash the Chinese for cheating during the WSS 2011 and China Masters against Wang Yihan or other players who defeated her because they beat her fair and squareThe defeat to Chen Xiao Jia was too unacceptable for her so she started talking to the press hence in effect spamming dozens of articles online about China as a cheating nation..is that even necessary come on, go to such extreme length to defend her reputation.Somebody help me on this JustinL or AlanY. Sure China cheats but you have to admit the players are still genuinely better than her to win big titles on merit. Her flak on the Chinese practice was simply motivated by her sore loser-ness..
    CHN does not cheat every now and then. CHN cheats at every desperate opportunity! Which is just about every tournament during the Olympic qualifying period. CXJ just has the newbie advantage; she s rote trained on her key opponents because they are all in the CHN syllabus already. Just bring up the file again! Whereas her non-CHN opponents are just trying to figure her out for the first time. The fact that she defeated Saina in two straight does not permanently confirm she s better than Saina. It just meant she played better than Saina in that match. CHN players are good but not that good as flaunted by some clouded fans. I mean, if CHN players are really that good, why would they have to cheat to win? LYB don t have enough confidence in them, poor things. You know what s so great about Saina? That with lousy coaching support, she could still reach the WSS finals and take a game off WYH? Actually, it s a pain to watch Saina play; she s such a slow coach! If Saina can just be a split second faster at crucial points, she can defeat all the CHN WS. Saina should not have to depend on a coach to build up her speed. Do the right gym work and study the opponents video, the combination of physical and anticipative speed increase would be enough to give her the advantage over CHN WS. You saw how Saina was waiting for WSX s returns in Swiss Open? That s effortless anticipative speed, achieved with video homework done beforehand. What I m saying is, Saina is not even now playing at her best and she s giving CHN WS trouble. Come OG12, if she gets her speed up, she can win the gold because she has the advantage of OG exposure. All the three CHN WS are scaling Mt Everest for the first time. You think they can handle the pressure when they can lose to the good non-CHN WS now?

  11. #742
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=pjswift;1891759]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    CHN does not cheat every now and then. CHN cheats at every desperate opportunity! Which is just about every tournament during the Olympic qualifying period. CXJ just has the newbie advantage; she s rote trained on her key opponents because they are all in the CHN syllabus already. Just bring up the file again! Whereas her non-CHN opponents are just trying to figure her out for the first time. The fact that she defeated Saina in two straight does not permanently confirm she s better than Saina. It just meant she played better than Saina in that match. CHN players are good but not that good as flaunted by some clouded fans. I mean, if CHN players are really that good, why would they have to cheat to win? LYB don t have enough confidence in them, poor things. You know what s so great about Saina? That with lousy coaching support, she could still reach the WSS finals and take a game off WYH? Actually, it s a pain to watch Saina play; she s such a slow coach! If Saina can just be a split second faster at crucial points, she can defeat all the CHN WS. Saina should not have to depend on a coach to build up her speed. Do the right gym work and study the opponents video, the combination of physical and anticipative speed increase would be enough to give her the advantage over CHN WS. You saw how Saina was waiting for WSX s returns in Swiss Open? That s effortless anticipative speed, achieved with video homework done beforehand. What I m saying is, Saina is not even now playing at her best and she s giving CHN WS trouble. Come OG12, if she gets her speed up, she can win the gold because she has the advantage of OG exposure. All the three CHN WS are scaling Mt Everest for the first time. You think they can handle the pressure when they can lose to the good non-CHN WS now?
    You know, I've seen you bring up the phrase "rote training" a lot of times now. I'm curious as to how you think other countries train their players? Do you think that LCW sits in a classroom and writes essays discussing the relative strengths and weaknesses of his opponents? Or that SN prepares powerpoints on how she thinks she could beat WYH? Get real, all top players have to practice against sparring partners that emulate their main opponents. The only difference is the quality of the said sparring partners. And you said it yourself, Saina probably did extensive homework on WSX, and when a non-Chinese player does it that's suddenly not rote training? To use your words, I could just as easily said that CXJ is the one "not in Saina's syllabus".

    Chinese players are "not that good"? Clean sweep at WC for 2 years in a row isn't good enough for you? You must have really high standards. Saina has competed in the Olympics...for 2 rounds? It's not like she's been far in enough for it to matter. On the other hand, WSX - AG champ. WYH - World Champ. WX - WC finalist. Need I go on?

  12. #743
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hehehe..:P
    Posts
    924
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    Chinese players are "not that good"? Clean sweep at WC for 2 years in a row isn't good enough for you? You must have really high standards. Saina has competed in the Olympics...for 2 rounds? It's not like she's been far in enough for it to matter. On the other hand, WSX - AG champ. WYH - World Champ. WX - WC finalist. Need I go on?
    that's exactly the reason he is asking...If they are really that good then what'ss the point in cheating....they must be easily winning without cheating....they r using cheating and getting an unfair advantage over the whole world and u r just taking them off as if they r just tactics...

  13. #744
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Miqilin7;1891534]
    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post

    Bla Bla Bla..I wont deny the fact China cheats every now and then to win, hey it's tactics my friend...but the way she was making those statements to defend her loss to Chen Xiao Jia, an epitome of sore loser who refused to accept her defeat despite coming across one/two dodgy line calls..

    But that doesn't change the fact that Chen Xiao Jia was a better player than her who beat her soundly in two straight games..Why she never bash the Chinese for cheating during the WSS 2011 and China Masters against Wang Yihan or other players who defeated her because they beat her fair and square

    The defeat to Chen Xiao Jia was too unacceptable for her so she started talking to the press hence in effect spamming dozens of articles online about China as a cheating nation..is that even necessary come on, go to such extreme length to defend her reputation.

    Somebody help me on this JustinL or AlanY. Sure China cheats but you have to admit the players are still genuinely better than her to win big titles on merit. Her flak on the Chinese practice was simply motivated by her sore loser-ness..
    Moi! not interested. Losers always whine.

    *

    If you don’t like the system the best and most effective way is to produce tons of first class players and eliminate them in the early rounds. Nip it in the bud, problem solved, wouldn’t it?

  14. #745
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,665
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=AlanY;1891814]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post

    Moi! not interested. Losers always whine.

    *

    If you don’t like the system the best and most effective way is to produce tons of first class players and eliminate them in the early rounds. Nip it in the bud, problem solved, wouldn’t it?
    Exactly what system are you referring to? What problem are you wanting to nip in the bud?

  15. #746
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stay on topic guys. This thread is about Saina Nehwal.

  16. #747
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Stay on topic guys. This thread is about Saina Nehwal.
    Sorry, the last two posts ( excluding yours) is related to Saina so it s on topic. If every post has to stay 100% on topic, all the threads will be super short. When a thread is short, interest dies. Is that the perfection defined? At least let AlanY have the opportunity to elaborate. His post sounded like an instant reaction. He can think. We should wait for his well thought post. It will be worth waiting for, I m sure. AlanY, please oblige. Thank you.

  17. #748
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=cobalt;1891874]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Exactly what system are you referring to? What problem are you wanting to nip in the bud?
    the system is the rules of engagements laid down by the bwf that all members have to follow.
    The problem is China keep producing so many world class players.

Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saina Nehwal and Ranking
    By geebees90 in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 12
    : 12-13-2010, 08:57 AM
  2. Tribute to Indian Star, Saina Nehwal
    By Loh in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 9
    : 08-01-2009, 10:25 PM
  3. Saina Nehwal at the 2009 India Open
    By chris-ccc in forum India Open 2009
    Replies: 28
    : 03-27-2009, 11:47 PM
  4. Interview with Indian Rising Star and Phil Open Champion Saina Nehwal
    By vip_m in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 06-08-2006, 11:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •