User Tag List

Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djake View Post
    It sounds like you're the one setting up a hate campaign against her.

As a Chinese, I'm extremely embarrassed by your 'partisan' behaviour here.

You really need to grow up.
    Oh please....stop using the race card here. That's so old school

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    For a sport with such a recent history at the Olympics (since 1992), it’s interesting that London 2012 might well mark badminton’s biggest break from its past. There are unmistakable signs that a new world order will set in once the Olympics are over. India, among other resurgent nations, promises to occupy a leading role in this new order.

But that’s bound to change now: A decimation of hierarchies is on, and nobody is clear on what lies ahead. Indonesia is in a shambles; so is Malaysia. Denmark and Korea have problems that defy easy solutions.

Denmark’s iconic player, Peter Gade, will retire soon, while its women’s singles has nobody to turn to after the veteran Tine Baun (32). Korea seems excessively fond of its doubles, to the detriment of its singles talent. In other words, with the exception of China, the other powers are either in decline or faced with chronic problems.

If you look around, you’ll see that other countries are struggling to produce players. Even Denmark doesn’t have a prospect in the women’s singles after Tine Baun. We already have two good players in Saina and Sindhu. And Saina is just 22.”

“After Chong Wei, Taufik and Peter Gade retire, and apart from the Chinese, there is no extraordinary player, no player who cannot be beaten. With our strength in singles, we can aspire for the No. 2 position in around three-four years.”

The turnaround hasn’t come about suddenly. Part of the reason is the increased exposure of Indian players to the international circuit since 2006, as preparation for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. While earlier generations of players were awestruck by the power of opponents from China, Indonesia and the like, the current generation, exposed to international badminton before its teens, talks almost dismissively about them.

“They don’t hit all that hard,” says Ashwini Ponnappa, bronze medallist at the 2011 BWF World Championships, who will play the doubles with Jwala Gutta at the Olympics. “It’s not difficult to handle them. It’s just a matter of being consistent at the crucial moments in the game.”
    Plain arrogance and foolishness....Though Indonesia Malaysia and Denmark are in shambles, I believe they are capable enough to even beat this country hands-down in team events.

Typically exaggerating its status to become the second nation after China. Rubbish. In my opinion and based statistical analysis, Thailand is in fact the next nation to become the powerhouse instead India due to their prowess in singles especially women's singles.

They even talk about Korea's lack of depth in singles because they are too fond in doubles ? Hello macha, your Nehwal just got beaten by Bae Younjoo in the second round recently.

You cant even qualify for Thomas Cup and Uber Cup already boasted about new transition into the world order and already envision yourself being second rate to China.

To other powerhouses, step up your game and beat this self-indulgent nation to the ground and send them a rude awakening message. Dont need to show respect to this team that belittles and talks thrash about your badminton standards on the media while boasting about themselves for no apparent reason and justification.

That's why i never like this team particularly because they dont have humility and could be branded as villains in the badminton context.

Apologies for my rudeness. They just touched the sensitive parts about Malaysia and Indonesia (my favourite traditional powerhouse). I have to defend this.
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 06-01-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I am waiting to hear what statement she is going to make about Indonesian players during the Indonesian Open.

If she insults or belittles any Indonesian women players indirectly, then she has gone too far and a hate campaign should be setup to condemn such arrogance !!!

She has the audacity to accuse Chinese players of cheating to beat her and will she cross the line again by making fun/teasing Indonesian players. We will check the headlines :P
    Desist,I urge you,no hate campaign for anyone,never. You are not doing yourself nor China or INA for that matter any good. On the contrary,if you don't get a hold of yourself,at the rate you're going in your reckless extremist views,you will end up doing much more harm than good,the one who's hurt most is yourself.

In trying your level best to protect,defend and support China's badminton but using the wrong means, you're actually doing her a disservice. Come to think of it,China doesn't need you or anybody to stand up for her - she is more than capable of taking care of herself,she is so powerful badminton-wise that it will be a very long while before anybody is even half-capable of toppling her. Meanwhile,let the rest of the world say what they like,they still have to prove it by beating China on court,so far you know the results;so what if China loses a major title once in a blue moon,it doesn't detract from her greatness, why are you so worried and have to make it your mission in life to champion her cause and ,worse still,doing it the wrong way?

Relax,take it easy,take care of yourself. If you truly love China badminton so much and worship those Chinese idols, I suggest you think of how best to positively further enhance her image,win over more of her critics and increase her growing pool of admirers - this to me is the right thing to do to silence sore losers and sour grapes,if that's what you want.

As for Saina, try to understand the tremendous pressure she is under,just like Lee CW's,carrying India's hope on her shoulders with practically no one to share her burden. If you're so sure she's no real threat to China,why concern yourself so much with her? If you fear she might insult or belittle the INA players,she will be just doing herself a disservice, I'm certain the INA press knows what to do,methinks you over-rated yourself. As it is ,the Indian press is feeding on her for commercial,nationalistic reasons and,I'm afraid,she has unwittingly allowed herself to be taken in. But that's India,China isn't bothered,why should you?

By the way, I've read the two Indian newspaper articles posted here, they make for fascinating reading,spice things up or badminton ex China will be so boring.

On a personal note,friend,I really wish you well. As long as you support China or any nation the proper way,I'm with you;otherwise,a firm no.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plain arrogance and foolishness....Though Indonesia Malaysia and Denmark are in shambles, I believe they are capable enough to even beat this country hands-down in team events.

Typically exaggerating its status to become the second nation after China. Rubbish. In my opinion and based statistical analysis, Thailand is in fact the next nation to become the powerhouse instead India due to their prowess in singles especially women's singles.

They even talk about Korea's lack of depth in singles because they are too fond in doubles ? Hello macha, your Nehwal just got beaten by Bae Younjoo in the second round recently.

You cant even qualify for Thomas Cup and Uber Cup already boasted about new transition into the world order and already envision yourself being second rate to China.

To other powerhouses, step up your game and beat this self-indulgent nation to the ground and send them a rude awakening message. Dont need to show respect to this team that belittles and talks thrash about your badminton standards on the media while boasting about themselves for no apparent reason and justification.

That's why i never like this team particularly because they dont have humility and could be branded as villains in the badminton context.

Apologies for my rudeness. They just touched the sensitive parts about Malaysia and Indonesia (my favourite traditional powerhouse). I have to defend this.
    Aiyo,you're taking the two newspaper articles too seriously. You know how the press is like,esp tabloids for public consumption,they need to boost sales,attract readership, so will write in that manner or who will read them? Didn't Saina's coach also ask her not to read them and concentrate on her training?

You are actually arguing your head off with the newspaper written in a sensationalized manner not for experts or professionals but the man in the street. I tell you,if they can quote or interview you for your views, they will gladly publish them to generate more interest to increase readership. Don't get so worked up.

By all means,rebut or refute their opinions if you like but watch what and how you say it. Either you've been somewhat misunderstood for your fervour in upholding your stand or you really have a problem and need to address it. Don't carelessly land yourself in hot soup. Think before you flame.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least India is realistic enough to say they are striving to be second-best for many years to come. So do the rest of the world,and India knows that. Who will say,we strive to be 3rd or 4th best?

And I'm sure they know in the last TUC2012,who's proven to be second-best for now,Korea of course,both in the men's and women's department. Needless to say,India is also aware countries/places like Thailand,Japan and Chinese Taipei are no weaker than them,let alone a declining Indonesia and Malaysia without LCW.

But goals are goals,whether or how they can get there is another matter,the future will tell. Why get so agitated? Those countries you mentioned which you think are better than India will prove it by actions,not words. If somebody wants to indulge in boastful talk,let him be,just simply show him the results,the facts,and present your case in a well-reasoned argument. Never heard of "Pride goes before a fall"?
    Last edited by Justin L; 06-01-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello bro, FYI I did not write the post where you quoted it as being mine.

Any point you trying to make is lost in the rage or hatred you seem to have for India.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Hello bro, FYI I did not write the post where you quoted it as being mine.

Any point you trying to make is lost in the rage or hatred you seem to have for India.
    Strange,how did your name appeared as the author of that newspaper(online) article Miqilin7 quoted? I noticed it happened to a few other posts too, misleading and confusing as well as causing unintended misunderstanding too.

The moderators should look into this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Because of the wonderful group system of this olympic she will get 2 players from the last 8 of the qualification list in her group.

At the moment the highest ranked among them is a girl from Poland at 79.
    So i wouldn't hold up too much hope for her or indeed any seeds for any surprise .
    Exactly what the IOC wanted
    Look, we've known all along how the Olympics selection process works and that INCLUDES players from all continents. It is an INCLUSIVE sporting event. It is not the World Championships where only the best of the best qualify. So can you please stop flogging a dead horse and realize the format isn't going to change this time round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I believe that in future, IOC could be changing their rules for Badminton

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Because of the wonderful group system of this olympic she will get 2 players from the last 8 of the qualification list in her group.

At the moment the highest ranked among them is a girl from Poland at 79.

So i wouldn't hold up too much hope for her or indeed any seeds for any surprise .

Exactly what the IOC wanted
    I believe that in future, IOC could be changing their rules.

I have just posted a new thread on the news that our 2014 Thomas & Uber Cups format shall be changed, found located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...67#post1909167

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=pjswift;1891759]
    CHN does not cheat every now and then. CHN cheats at every desperate opportunity! Which is just about every tournament during the Olympic qualifying period. CXJ just has the newbie advantage; she s rote trained on her key opponents because they are all in the CHN syllabus already. Just bring up the file again! Whereas her non-CHN opponents are just trying to figure her out for the first time. The fact that she defeated Saina in two straight does not permanently confirm she s better than Saina. It just meant she played better than Saina in that match. CHN players are good but not that good as flaunted by some clouded fans. I mean, if CHN players are really that good, why would they have to cheat to win? LYB don t have enough confidence in them, poor things. You know what s so great about Saina? That with lousy coaching support, she could still reach the WSS finals and take a game off WYH? Actually, it s a pain to watch Saina play; she s such a slow coach! If Saina can just be a split second faster at crucial points, she can defeat all the CHN WS. Saina should not have to depend on a coach to build up her speed. Do the right gym work and study the opponents video, the combination of physical and anticipative speed increase would be enough to give her the advantage over CHN WS. You saw how Saina was waiting for WSX s returns in Swiss Open? That s effortless anticipative speed, achieved with video homework done beforehand. What I m saying is, Saina is not even now playing at her best and she s giving CHN WS trouble. Come OG12, if she gets her speed up, she can win the gold because she has the advantage of OG exposure. All the three CHN WS are scaling Mt Everest for the first time. You think they can handle the pressure when they can lose to the good non-CHN WS now?
    Moderators,when Miqilin7 committed indiscretions,specifically threatening to start a hate campaign and calling Saina names,we come down hard on him. What about the above? Isn't he and his ilk conducting a hate campaign against China,and practically holding the entire nation accountable for the supposed wrongdoings of a few individuals,if any?

Similarly I urge these people to desist and restraint themselves. Surely we don't want our BC forum to be seen as biased,prejudiced,practising double standards and hypocrisy. I am reminded of the age-old Confucian adage:"Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself". And hypocrites ought to know,when you say a thing is wrong when others do it,it is also wrong when you do it.

Enough said,this thread is on Saina, for those who wish to discuss this subject further can go to the other thread where I've expressed my stand
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-tactics/page2 Thanks and sorry if I've cross-posted.

Now,I hope I'm satisfied we are all clear about this and we can move on happily discussing and exchanging our views.

Glad to read that the London OG is to be conducted in a group stage format,helps to minimise or prevent "accidents" of early-round knockout for the high-strung contestants. In this case,Saina's chances are higher than in the SS/SSPs or WCs as based on her ranking she could possibly face at most two CHN players. Wish her all the best.
    Last edited by Justin L; 06-02-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indonesia Open is a tournament Saina does well historically, so I hope to see some quality matches. Myself and most of my friends think Saina's weak point is always late to retrieve shots in the net area especially on drops. This is something she really needs to address if she is to have any change against WY or LX.

Saina is more evenly matched against WS & WX, the game could go either way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Justin L;1909306]
    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Moderators,when Miqilin7 committed indiscretions,specifically threatening to start a hate campaign and calling Saina names,we come down hard on him. What about the above? Isn't he and his ilk conducting a hate campaign against China,and practically holding the entire nation accountable for the supposed wrongdoings of a few individuals,if any?

Similarly I urge these people to desist and restraint themselves. Surely we don't want our BC forum to be seen as biased,prejudiced,practising double standards and hypocrisy. I am reminded of the age-old Confucian adage:"Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself". And hypocrites ought to know,when you say a thing is wrong when others do it,it is also wrong when you do it.

Enough said,this thread is on Saina, for those who wish to discuss this subject further can go to the other thread where I've expressed my stand
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-tactics/page2 Thanks and sorry if I've cross-posted.

Now,I hope I'm satisfied we are all clear about this and we can move on happily discussing and exchanging our views.

Glad to read that the London OG is to be conducted in a group stage format,helps to minimise or prevent "accidents" of early-round knockout for the high-strung contestants. In this case,Saina's chances are higher than in the SS/SSPs or WCs as based on her ranking she could possibly face at most two CHN players. Wish her all the best.
    I totally understand what you said. But making defamatory comments on Saina time and again and often saying that India don't deserve any respect as a badminton country or saying that India don't deserve to host a SS tournament because of many reasons, don't you think its too much?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Don't you think it's too much?

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    I totally understand what you said. But making defamatory comments on Saina time and again and often saying that India don't deserve any respect as a badminton country or saying that India don't deserve to host a SS tournament because of many reasons, don't you think its too much?
    IMHO, it IS too much.

We, BCers, as a community of Badminton lovers, sometimes make comments that are causing damage or harm to our players/countries.

Perhaps we are not really fans of Badminton, but fans/anti-fans of some particular players/countries.

For me, any good news/comment from BCers about Badminton is good. That's why we are here in this forum (to find and/or give news about Badminton).

But any BAD talk about players/countries will show that certain BCers think more about their preferred idols/countries, and not about our sport that we love.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 06-03-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious allegation should be back up by facts and evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupt...ublic_of_China

The People's Republic of China suffers from widespread corruption. For 2010, China was ranked 78 of 179 countries in Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index, ranking slightly above fellow BRIC nations India and Russia, but below Brazil and most developed countries. Means of corruption include graft, bribery, embezzlement, backdoor deals, nepotism, patronage, and statistical falsification.[1] It is nearly impossible to conduct significant business in China without participating in corruption.[2]

Since then, corruption has not slowed down as a result of greater economic freedom, but instead has grown more entrenched and severe in its character and scope. In popular perception, there are more dishonest CCP officials than honest ones, a reversal of the views held in the first decade of reform of the 1980s.[4] China specialist Minxin Pei argues that failure to contain widespread corruption is among the most serious threats to China's future economic and political stability.[5] Bribery, kickbacks, theft, and misspending of public funds costs at least three percent of GDP.

In a commercial environment, corruption may be prevalent because many employees aren't loyal to their employers, seeing themselves as "free-agent entrepreneurs" first and foremost.[14] They use their employers as a way to make money, both for themselves and for their "guanxi social-circle network." The imperative of maintaining this social circle of benefits is seen as a primary goal for many involved in corruption.[14]

Official corruption is among the populace's greatest gripes against the regime. One folk saying vividly illustrates how the public sees the issue, according to Yan Sun: "If the Party executes every official for corruption, it will overdo a little; but if the Party executes every other official for corruption, it cannot go wrong."[4] In contemporary China, bribe taking has become so entrenched that one party secretary in a poor county received repeated death threats for rejecting over 600,000 Renminbi in bribes during his tenure. In 1994 in another area officially designated "impoverished," a delegation of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization arrived for a conference on development, but upon seeing rows of imported luxury cars outside the conference site asked the local officials "Are you really poor?"[4] A rare online opinion poll in 2010 by the People’s Daily found that 91% of respondents believe all rich families in China have political backgrounds.[9]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India Today

Avishek Roy | Mail Today | New Delhi, June 2, 2012 | UPDATED 16:59 IST

Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold: Saina Nehwal eager to regain confidence

Saina has got the top billing in the Thailand Open starting next week.

Saina Nehwal would like to regain her confidence at next week's Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold, where she has got the top billing. A title win for Saina, who suffered a morale-shattering loss at home in the India Open Super Series, would do her a world of good before the London Olympics.

After the Bangkok event, Saina will compete at the Indonesia Open Super Series (June 12- 17) where a tougher test awaits her. Saina is the No. 5 seed in Indonesia with the top four Chinese players - Wang Yihan, Wang Xin, Wang Shixian and Li Xuerui - placed above the Indian.

Apart from Saina, the other four Indian shuttlers - Parupalli Kashyap, Jwala Gutta, Ashwini Ponnappa and V Diju - who have qualified for the Olympics, will miss the Thailand Open. They will instead play in Indonesia and the Singapore Super Series (June 19-24).

National coach and former All England Champion Pullela Gopichand said that not much should be read into Saina not playing in Singapore and competing at a lower-rung event in Thailand.

"Her training was planned in that manner. She started training immediately after the Malaysia Open at the start of the month. That gave her four weeks before the Thailand tournament. Kashyap had a back spasm while Diju was away for his engagement so they began their training late," Gopi Chand told Mail Today.

"We also need time before the Olympics. After Indonesia, Saina will get five weeks to train before the Olympics to work on her game and devising strategies for her opponents."

Saina's only title in five tournaments this year was the Swiss Open where she beat Shixian in the final. In April's India Open Super Series, she lost to unseeded Korean Youn Joo Bae in the second round.

"She has moved on from the loss. We have worked on all aspects of her game," insisted Gopi Chand ahead of the team's departure for Bangkok on Saturday.

In Thailand, the top Chinese players are not competing. The next best after Saina is home favourite Rachanok Inthanon, who is ranked 11th. Last year, Saina had crashed out in the third round losing to Chinese Li Xuerui, who was ranked seventh then.
    Gopi said a victory in Thailand will be a big morale- booster. "It is a good event and winning any of these tournaments before the London Olympics is good for the confidence."

avishek.roy@mailtoday.in

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/s.../1/198787.html
    Last edited by Loh; 06-03-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=rajat_remar;1909898]
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Of course,it's too much,that's why I appeal to both sides to stop as stated in my relevant posts here one of which you liked.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Serious allegation should be back up by facts and evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupt...ublic_of_China

The People's Republic of China suffers from widespread corruption. For 2010, China was ranked 78 of 179 countries in Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index, ranking slightly above fellow BRIC nations India and Russia, but below Brazil and most developed countries. Means of corruption include graft, bribery, embezzlement, backdoor deals, nepotism, patronage, and statistical falsification.[1] It is nearly impossible to conduct significant business in China without participating in corruption.[2]

Since then, corruption has not slowed down as a result of greater economic freedom, but instead has grown more entrenched and severe in its character and scope. In popular perception, there are more dishonest CCP officials than honest ones, a reversal of the views held in the first decade of reform of the 1980s.[4] China specialist Minxin Pei argues that failure to contain widespread corruption is among the most serious threats to China's future economic and political stability.[5] Bribery, kickbacks, theft, and misspending of public funds costs at least three percent of GDP.

In a commercial environment, corruption may be prevalent because many employees aren't loyal to their employers, seeing themselves as "free-agent entrepreneurs" first and foremost.[14] They use their employers as a way to make money, both for themselves and for their "guanxi social-circle network." The imperative of maintaining this social circle of benefits is seen as a primary goal for many involved in corruption.[14]

Official corruption is among the populace's greatest gripes against the regime. One folk saying vividly illustrates how the public sees the issue, according to Yan Sun: "If the Party executes every official for corruption, it will overdo a little; but if the Party executes every other official for corruption, it cannot go wrong."[4] In contemporary China, bribe taking has become so entrenched that one party secretary in a poor county received repeated death threats for rejecting over 600,000 Renminbi in bribes during his tenure. In 1994 in another area officially designated "impoverished," a delegation of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization arrived for a conference on development, but upon seeing rows of imported luxury cars outside the conference site asked the local officials "Are you really poor?"[4] A rare online opinion poll in 2010 by the People’s Daily found that 91% of respondents believe all rich families in China have political backgrounds.[9]
    Totally agree with you,corruption is the cancer of society,creating social unrest and tearing the country apart. China is fully aware of this problem and are doing their utmost to stamp the problem. Remember what Zhu Rongji,the former Premier said:"
    In the war against corruption, we should beat the (stronger) tiger before beating the (weaker) wolves. As for the tiger, we should never show mercy.
    Let us prepare one hundred coffins, including one for me.
    The worst case is only a destruction of them and me, but what is that is in exchange is the long-term stability and development of our nation and people’s confidence in our cause."

What do you think the Occupy Wall Street Movement is about? Also the Enron, Worldcom cases,just to name two.
    To add
    http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/corruption-in-america

Corruption In America

In the United States today, it is not just the economy that is crumbling. The entire fabric of society is coming apart as well. Literally almost wherever you look you can find rampant corruption in America. Our federal government is corrupt, our state and local governments are corrupt, our corporations are corrupt and unfortunately average Americans seem to become more corrupt all the time. As corruption becomes widespread in America, trust is breaking down. It is very difficult to know who to trust these days. But a society cannot function without trust. So what are we going to do when all the trust is gone?The SEC announced today that JPMorgan has come to an agreement to pay out 153 million dollars to settle charges related to the sale of a controversial collateralized debt obligation back in 2007. It turns out that a hedge fund that helped pick the underlying assets for the CDO also bet very heavily that it would fail. JPMorgan marketed the CDO as a good investment when they knew that it was garbage.Robert Khuzami, the SEC's top enforcement officer, summed up the charges against JPMorgan this way....
    This is how desperate people throughout America are becoming.In another example from the Atlanta area, thieves recently busted into a southwest Atlanta beauty supply store and took off with $30,000 in hair extensions.America is becoming a really crazy place.When times get really hard, people will do whatever they feel they need to do in order to survive.One elderly man down in North Carolina was so desperate that he actually robbed a bank so that he could be put in prison and be given free health care.Yes, you read that correctly.59-year-old Richard James Verone walked into an RBC Bank in North Carolina, handed a clerk a note demanding $1 and sat down and waited for the police to arrive.It turns out that he has a growth on his chest and two ruptured disks but he does not have any health insurance. So he robbed the bank so that he would get free health care in prison.The truth is that our country is rapidly coming apart. As I have written about so many times before, the American Dream is in an advanced state of decay.Once upon a time, cities such as Detroit, Michigan were the envy of the entire world.Today, they are a joke to the rest of the world. Many of our biggest cities have become war zones. There are dozens of homes that you can purchase in Detroit right now for literally next to nothing.For example, 14769 Liberal Street in Detroit is listed for sale on Zillow for just $100.Not that anyone would actually want to live there. Many homes in Detroit are literally being ripped to pieces by looters, vandals and thieves.Of course many Americans are just taking their cue from the government. Washington D.C. is drowning in so much corruption that it is almost hard to describe.One of the biggest offenders in Washington D.C. is the Federal Reserve. In a recent article for Rolling Stone, reporter Matt Taibbi exposed some of the folks that the Federal Reserve sent money to during the financial crisis....
    Did we really need to send billions of dollars to "millionaires and billionaires" in the Cayman Islands in order to save the U.S. economy?Something really stinks, but since our politicians are too gutless to authorize a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve we may never know what has been going on.So who does get probed in America today?The American people do. The ridiculous airport security measures that we have to put up with have gotten completely out of control.In the name of "national security", we now allow security goons to feel up our women and children.Recently, one video of a 6-year-old girl having her private areas touched in public by the TSA went viral on YouTube. You can watch the video right here.The little girl was also apparently drug tested.How perverse is that?A 6-year-old girl has to go through all of that, but the corruption of the Federal Reserve and the big Wall Street banks is allowed to continue.Even the mainstream media is deeply corrupt. As I wrote about recently, they love to get the American people obsessed with the latest celebrity news or the latest "Twitter scandal", but they often purposely ignore some of the most important news stories that are happening because they do not fit in with the agenda that their corporate owners are trying to push.Of course one of the worst examples of corruption in America is the U.S. Congress. A new scandal involving Congress seems to erupt almost weekly, and almost everything Congress tries to do ends up being corrupt in one way or another.The sad thing is that Congress is not even working most of the time. Most Americans have no idea how much time off members of Congress get. Just check out the video posted below. This is going to shock you....As noted earlier in the article, without trust a society cannot function. That is why all of this corruption in America is such an important issue.If we do not reverse this trend, society will continue to break down. When faith in our major institutions is gone, it is going to be incredibly difficult to get back.Please pray for the United States of America. We really need it.

T
    his is Saina's thread,let's not usurp it, I know what you are driving at.

Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast