User Tag List

Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    Thai open was a GPG, but yes winning two tournaments back to back is tough and its an achievement
    I think she won 3 in a row in 2010, 2 GPG and 1 SS.
    Last edited by rogerv2; 06-19-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Recent Interview

Her recent interview in Sportskeeda:
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/06/1...ery-very-hard/

Some excerpts:

What this means for Olympics preparation:

I really needed to win such big matches before the Olympics. Everyone is preparing hard. I was dead on court after the quarterfinal, but still I managed to do well. Iím happy I pulled off tough matches, because it will be tough in the Olympics.
    We will plan a special programme for the Olympics. It will be a tough four-five weeks. Iíve got to be injury-free. Confidence is not an issue. Itís important to win tournaments. If Iím in great shape and in rhythm, I will be No.1, so I donít care about rankings.

We wanted to try many things during these two tournaments, we tried to experiment. I had to work on many aspects of my game. Diet plays a big part. Itís important to be in good shape for the Olympics because the courts will be slow.
    If one reads the line above (bold), they'll start jumping on the statement saying that Saina is overconfident etc. etc. Yet if one were to read the entire interview, she does mention the high respect she has for the Chinese...

The Chinese:

The Chinese are tough; itís not easy to beat them. I have to work very very hard. There will be three Chinese at the Olympics. When weíre on court, itís just that we have to win. Theyíre the best players in the world Ė they fight for every point. Thatís good to see. All Asian players are improving. I donít want to take any pressure before the Olympics.
    If every statement that a player makes off court is scrutinised minutely, one can take any meaning whatsoever of it. Its best to reserve judgement and let them continue playing their game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I think she won 3 in a row in 2010, 2 GPG and 1 SS.
    Yes she won three titles but they were two SS and one GPG.
    India open GPG, then Singapore Open SS followed by Indonesia Open SS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just a guess, but I start to think that it's the media who makes things spicy.
    It's possible, because some (not all, but again... who knows ) INA media - more or less - are just the same. They tend to interpret what the source says with their own words, and then exaggerate it, to the point that the true message is distorted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the chinese ws and the coaching staffs should be watching saina's badminton matches day and night before the OG2012

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    Her recent interview in Sportskeeda:
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/06/1...ery-very-hard/

Some excerpts:

If one reads the line above (bold), they'll start jumping on the statement saying that Saina is overconfident etc. etc. Yet if one were to read the entire interview, she does mention the high respect she has for the Chinese...

If every statement that a player makes off court is scrutinised minutely, one can take any meaning whatsoever of it. Its best to reserve judgement and let them continue playing their game.
    that writer had really interpretted things ridiculously .....she actually said that
    "Rankings hardly matter to me. I know if I play well, I will be number one someday. Winning tournaments matters for me,"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by depleter View Post
    that writer had really interpretted things ridiculously .....she actually said that
    "Rankings hardly matter to me. I know if I play well, I will be number one someday. Winning tournaments matters for me,"
    Hmm .... looks like the press really like to spice things up. Wonder if all the previous news posts were what she actually said and meant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a YouTube link of her Interview...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxDnkP9Ej9s

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I think the top 5 ladies can beat each other, just depends on who makes the least unforced errors and can hold their nerves at critical game or match points.

I agree. Now that Saina has improved her netplay, she certainly matched WSX and LXR shot for shot which caused some discomfort to them. I think that's why they made so many those errors. It kinda ruffled their feathers.. But I still think the Chinese have better shot making capability even when they are tired from the back of the court than Saina.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I'm sure the chinese ws and the coaching staffs should be watching saina's badminton matches day and night before the OG2012
    It is very certain, george.... CHN team wants to know Saina's weaknesses more...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    It is very certain, george.... CHN team wants to know Saina's weaknesses more...
    It's good thing that Saina is not playing any tournament before olympics

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post
    I agree. Now that Saina has improved her netplay, she certainly matched WSX and LXR shot for shot which caused some discomfort to them. I think that's why they made so many those errors. It kinda ruffled their feathers.. But I still think the Chinese have better shot making capability even when they are tired from the back of the court than Saina.
    From what I saw, LXR owned Saina at the net. Strategically, Saina then decided not to engage LXR at the net and lifted instead.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    you really think that not been done? considering SN been playing in the circuit for 6 years.
    actually it is good news for SN as even she'd been well studied by the Chinese team she still managed to beat 2 of their top players in a row.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    you really think that not been done? considering SN been playing in the circuit for 6 years.
    actually it is good news for SN as even she'd been well studied by the Chinese team she still managed to beat 2 of their top players in a row.
    True! But what are the chances of ZN not being in the coaches chair at the OG?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be most interesting and telling to know how P Gopichand assessed of Saina's matches with WSX and LXR separately as they have contrasting styles and individual characteristics as well as the way the two matches panned out. Maybe it would be wise for him to keep his true views to himself and not tell the press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    True! But what are the chances of ZN not being in the coaches chair at the OG?
    Yes, but then she is no miracle women. I have seen her players losing when she is around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Maybe she wisely changed her tactic and gameplay from time to time.. very wise of her.. Till the chinese players and coaching staffs dunno what more to do with her..Care have to be taken that OG2012 will be a major platform for ALL players to perform 'incredibly' well. A little bit over confident can do quite a BIG damage.

Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast