User Tag List

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This may seem the wrong time to chime in, but I'd like to get this off my chest, before more incendiary posts are made in various threads, and spoil the feeling of celebration and reconciliation after the WD debacle.

I just love Wang Xin's energy, and the way she plays. Ever since last year, I have wanted her to get the Gold at the OG, and I truly believed she was the one who could do it.

For some reason in 2012, I began noticing that she was good for over 2 games, but seldom had the juice to either make it to a decider, or to win a decider against a top-level opponent.

That told me, if Saina was running her close in Game 1, her chances of winning game 2 (and subsequently the match) were less than 50-50.

On a personal level, I was really devastated about this because I just so wanted to see her on top of the podium.

Does this detract from Saina's achievement? Frankly, no. If I could figure out WX's new limitation, the Indian coaches must have done so before me. Was Saina wrong in what she claimed? I don't think so. Could she have phrased it differently? Maybe. Am I going to go to town and roast her for this? No. Just as I wouldn't roast WYH or any other young player for an apparent verbal faux-pas.

It's just the less amiable, and less tolerant (and a few racially-motivated) people on the forum who keep on and on pushing these issues, and using them as springboards for verbal and character-defaming assaults. IMO they give this forum a bad colour, promote intolerance and bickering, and spread a toxic energy which is not good for anybody who participates in the discussion.

For those who can understand, I ask: please step away from the edge. To those who don't wish to understand or whose agenda is contrary, I say: go with it; you will change nothing; you just expose and strengthen your own mental defects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post
    Ok in what way saying "but I was very confident that in the second game I could pull it off" mean that "I would have won anyway"?

But then if you read further down Li says "If Wang Xin played to the end, I believe the bronze medal would have belonged to the Chinese team"

I will not ask for an apology nor I would expect one... Coz its not worthed... Coz it would be like insulting Wang Xin...
    I'm just quoting what the article said, I think had Wang Xin remained at least 90% she woul have won.

I was asking for an apology cause I was "accused" of not having my story straight when I had the source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I'm just quoting what the article said, I think had Wang Xin remained at least 90% she woul have won.

I was asking for an apology cause I was "accused" of not having my story straight when I had the source.
    well if you want to keep at it then fine
    you were accused of not getting your story straight and you proved nothing. you didnt show any quote of her's that said what you said she did. you should get your story straight before commenting dude. I on the other hand have shown quotes of her's that prove otherwise.
    oh yeah, i accept your apology for your lack of comprehension and command of the english language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ifs and buts, pots and pans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apology? for what? you didnt prove nothing mate and your lack of comprehension is your problem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    apology? for what? you didnt prove nothing mate and your lack of comprehension is your problem
    Comprehension? Of what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe Saina likes to do a bit of trash talking. i like that. You need to be bold and arrogant in order to challenge the Chinese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for proving my point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comprehension? Of what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, whatever I'm not even sure what you're on about. But you're probably wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, whatever I'm not even sure what you're on about. But you're probably wrong.
    yeah, whatever. judging by your reading skills and comprehension of the english language, not surprised at all.
    keep the hate going though, dont let facts come in your way.
    My last post on this. wont bother after this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, whatever. judging by your reading skills and comprehension of the english language, not surprised at all.
    keep the hate going though, dont let facts come in your way.
    My last post on this. wont bother after this.
    Right, you've obviously got a few things wrong.

My comprehension of the English language is rather good actually, I got a rather good grade in my English exam so yeah I'm actually able to read English

What hate? And I am presenting the FACTS. This is reported in REUTERS a reliable source! This isn't the Sunday sport! Seriously you're so wrong it's unreal, I don't "hate" Saina, I just don't like her attitude. She acts as if she's gods gift to badminton, but regularly doesn't make it past the QF stage...

Yeah, and before you keep up the racist comments, I'm actually from the UK, I am not in SG, TW or HK. So next time before judging my English standard get your facts right. You've been on here 1 day and you've already came to the assumption I hate a player when all I did was present a newspapers report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mean to add fuel to this debate, but let me try Consider her quote that Chinese players are "scared" of her.

"At least I know they are scared of me, I can see it in their eyes, I am happy to scare six or seven of them. I just have to work out a good strategy again them. I have to be ready for them," she said.

Look at her result. She lost to WYH 13-21, 13-21. Was losing to WX pretty handlly at 14-20 until she won 4 point before losing the game at 18-21. Lastly, trailing 0-1 before WX retired.

She did not beat a single Chinese player in this Olympics. In fact, lost all her games to the Chinese WS pretty badly. I think she obviously deserves her medal, but to say the Chinese WS are scared of her, that is a way overstatement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saian Nehwal won bronze medal wow....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno why people start hating sania? It's okay for trash talk in sports, look at nba, mourinho... But I guess eastern culture aren't use to this type of mental challenge. In fact I think trash talkin increased badminton revenue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you should've also quoted Li and Yihan as well why quote only Saina if you do not intend to defame Saina. Let the world see what the players have said about Saina, Wang Xin and the bronze medal match so that they can draw their own conclusions.

From what I read, the "reliable" source from Reuters wrote that article to point out that the women's badminton is lacking sportsmanship. Player's from neither country have shown neither respect nor compassion towards each other and towards the game. You got your source right but its not fair to accuse only Saina for being arrogant. You say Saina is arrogant, I say all of them involved are arrogant.

This thread belongs to Saina and for her achievements. If you really want to rant about her then please open a new thread or go somewhere else.

Last but not the least, no matter how much we bias on these frivolous issues, players will not change. Its a waste of time for both of us. We should keep our discussion limited to the game on court and to the sport itself rather than who did what or who said what off the court. Yes its important to discuss these issues as well but we should know when to stop and where to draw the line. Honestly, I got pulled in to it just like many others but I want to stop now and I want to stop this spreading of hatred on this thread and other threads as well. As Cobalt pointed out the discussions on BC have become more toxic and spreading a lot of negative energy and I dont wanna be a part of it anymore. I hope you wish the same. Lets keep our discussion limited to the sport and if we veer off then we should realize where to draw the line.

Lets wish for a speedy recovery of our beloved players and hope they come back stronger. Once again Congratulations to all the medal winners!!! It was a pleasure watching some nice tight contests, excluding some untoward incidents, in this Olympic Games.... Peace Out!!!
    Last edited by rahuldarga; 08-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard her interviews immediately after the match in Hindi and she was by no means being disrespectful to any player she has played....i think its the media who are misinterpreting her views.

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast