User Tag List

Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,038 to 1,054 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really expecting french open 2012 badminton. Saina will pick this superseries title also. I am sure about that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anilsreedhar View Post
    it was great to see her hug her opponent after the final. fine sportsmanship display
    Actually, it's because she knows that Juliane is an openly warm and expressive person. You won't find Saina hugging most of her opponents.

But you will see Juliane doing it. In fact, her semi-finals opponent, Jiang Yanjiao was noticably touched by Juliane's gesture at the net after their match. That was a brutal match, and for one player to appreciate the greatness of the other does mean a lot.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Thanks saina for giving us a wonderful treat to watch a great tournament. If somebody there to clear my doubt about the upcoming french open 2012. I have seen so many MS players from india participating in that tournament. But i am seeing only anand pawar in qualification rounds. Is that something i am missing here or they have withdrawn from the game?
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...28FEF10&draw=1
    It appears Arvind Bhat is there as well...

I believe Anand Pawar trains at a club in Europe (Germany?) which would probably explain why he frequently takes part in European events.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Actually, it's because she knows that Juliane is an openly warm and expressive person. You won't find Saina hugging most of her opponents.

But you will see Juliane doing it. In fact, her semi-finals opponent, Jiang Yanjiao was noticably touched by Juliane's gesture at the net after their match. That was a brutal match, and for one player to appreciate the greatness of the other does mean a lot.
    Still it's refreshing to see. When I see how the Chinese behave after a match no matter if they lose or win they don't seem to show respect to their opponent. Just a simple handshake. No words of appreciation or anything.
    I might be wrong here but this is how it seems to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Anand Pawar trains at a club in Europe (Germany?) which would probably explain why he frequently takes part in European events.
    He is reported as the first MS for a bavarian club in the 2nd highest German league but hasn't played any matches so far.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    Still it's refreshing to see. When I see how the Chinese behave after a match no matter if they lose or win they don't seem to show respect to their opponent. Just a simple handshake. No words of appreciation or anything.
    I might be wrong here but this is how it seems to me.
    I think you judge them too harshly. They have no other obligation but to shake hands so that's what they do. I don't think it's in their culture to be openly expressive (there may be the odd one). If they want a love-in, they can do so after the match in their own privacy, and keep people like you and me guessing about their personalities.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I think you judge them too harshly. They have no other obligation but to shake hands so that's what they do. I don't think it's in their culture to be openly expressive (there may be the odd one). If they want a love-in, they can do so after the match in their own privacy, and keep people like you and me guessing about their personalities.
    Quite right, a lot of the girls don't even hug their coaches, just high-fives, even if it's ZN... it's just a cultural thing...

Although i do recall WX often being an exception; and I believe (based on what I've seen) that on a personal level, she really likes Tine Baun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree with Madbad's response. It is a cultural thing and we can see that none of the asians do that when they are playing each other unless it's really necessary like for example when WX got injured during the Bronze medal match, SN came and gave her a hug after feeling sorry for her. SN did that only because the situation called for it. We dont usually see SN hugging opponents as Cobalt said, today being an exception.

A namesake handshake with a cold expression doesn't really look good. Although they have learnt the gamesmanship but they are yet to learn the sportsmanship.

But then it should be something innate and should not necessarily be taught to you. Sharing a smile, having a word, shaking a hand and patting a back goes a long way in making the sport more appealing and much more pleasing to the audience. Also this tends to reduce the bickering among the fans as well. After all they belong to the same sporting community and they all have the responsibility of promoting their sport in every possible way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anilsreedhar View Post
    it was great to see her hug her opponent after the final. fine sportsmanship display
    I'm guessing because the opponent is not Chinese

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pujuma View Post
    I'm guessing because the opponent is not Chinese
    LOL, you're so cute...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it's because she knows that Juliane is an openly warm and expressive person.You won't find Saina hugging most of her opponents.

It always is a reciprocal, I have seen Saina hugging most of her opponents but CHN and you know they dont deserve this infact. Still with LXR & WSX I doubt the exchange at the nets look plesantry but definitely not with WYH and if that counts as all I doubt you are wrong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I would hug any of them with open arms. Time to switch to XD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal's mantra for success

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/o...or-success.htm

"I am not the most talented player in the world or in the country, but I have made up for what I lack in talent with hard work, commitment, and total focus. I think this combination works, no matter what you do in life."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it?. I even found today aravind bhatt without a coach and he lost the qualification match.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina, great going. You won against china.. I also have to praise Li han, i did not any difference between both saina and li han except few shots. She was playing wonderful match. At last, saina proved her supremacy in the final touch of the game. With her experience and classy touch, she overcame Li han. Wonderful SAINA..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina, great going. You won against china.. I also have to praise Li han, i did not find any difference between both saina and li han except few shots. She was playing wonderful match. At last, saina proved her supremacy in the final touch of the game. With her experience and classy touch, she overcame Li han. Wonderful SAINA..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post
    Saina Nehwal's mantra for success

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/o...or-success.htm"I am not the most talented player in the world or in the country, but I have made up for what I lack in talent with hard work, commitment, and total focus. I think this combination works, no matter what you do in life."
    This is always true for sports elites... if you ask the top 10 or even top 20 players in tennis, badminton, whatever sports, they will give you the same answer.Except TH...

Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast