User Tag List

Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,055 to 1,071 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    This is always true for sports elites... if you ask the top 10 or even top 20 players in tennis, badminton, whatever sports, they will give you the same answer.Except TH...
    Whose TH? Well there surely are two kinds one who are extra talented and need to work a bit lesser comparatively and the other who have more perseverance to make up for that and work so hard that they could overcome it and beat the best...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    This is always true for sports elites... if you ask the top 10 or even top 20 players in tennis, badminton, whatever sports, they will give you the same answer.Except TH...
    Low blow!! But you know that's not entirely true, either... I recall Dinkalot describing his pre-match warmup and preparation routine, and how meticulous and dedicated he was, I believe it was US Open 2011... oh here...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...nsion!/page312

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Whose TH? Well there surely are two kinds one who are extra talented and need to work a bit lesser comparatively and the other who have more perseverance to make up for that and work so hard that they could overcome it and beat the best...
    Taufiq? I'm sorry thought he aint the elite one or Top anymore... He was once but its ages I see him showing any good results bad example, or actually a good example to show that without the work even the most talented fades.... I wouldnt let his age be an excuse as UP is a god 5-6 years older to him and is still one of those elites there....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Memoirs at 22!

RAKESH RAO
    October 25, 2012
    http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4029354.ece

Excerpts:

...Saina Nehwal, with several ‘firsts’ to her credit in a badminton career spanning 13 years, has documented her life thus far in the book Playing To Win .

...Much like Saina’s demeanour, simplicity stands out in the narration and presentation of the tale told over 118 pages.

The journey takes the reader from how she could not go beyond the “brown belt” in karate to collecting the Olympic bronze.

...Interestingly, these are smartly interspersed with “boxes” reflecting on Saina’s favourite players, the other sportspersons she admires, what is in her suitcase, the diet she follows, and much more.

...Reflecting her opinion on certain sections of the media, Saina narrates, “So how come you won? Did she (the other player) have a bad day?” And I would say, “No, I won because I played well,” and be greeted by derisive laughter. It was insensitive, but we sportspersons have been told that as public personalities, we have to get used to this. But how does one get used to rudeness?”

No doubt, Saina has ample reasons to say, “I have pretty much stopped reading the papers now and bothering about what people are saying.”

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read the article.. '
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/16958826.cms

It says that if saina wins the french open 2012, then she might get 3000 more points. What does it mean.. Only 3000 points? Why not 9200 points as like other superseries events.. If anybody there to clarify my doubt...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I have read the article.. '
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/16958826.cms

It says that if saina wins the french open 2012, then she might get 3000 more points. What does it mean.. Only 3000 points? Why not 9200 points as like other superseries events.. If anybody there to clarify my doubt...
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=364323&tid=1

5.2 World Ranking - 11 or more World Ranking tournaments in the last 52 weeks
    If a player or pair has competed in the same event at 11 or more World Ranking tournaments, only the
    10 highest points scored in the tournaments during the previous 52 week period count towards their
    ranking.

>>> 10 highest scores will be considered t
    hat means the lowest will be remove from the total and the newly acquired points will be added to the total provided its higher than the lowest of the 10 scores

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Really, I wonder how come such irrelevant rules prevails.. Anyhow , thanks for your information. Hey Rahul, i have one more doubt. I have read in another article which mentioned that if saina crosses one more hurdle(they meant the quarterfinal match against ratnachok in french open 2012), she will reach worldno.2 rank . This is totally contradict to the previous article which i mentioned before. If she needs to cross 85,000 mark which li xuerui is having now, she needs 5000 more points from her current ranking. But if only 3000 points are given, how come she achieves that feat. Sorry to disturb you. But no other go..Hee hee. I am new to this badminton world. i am wondering whether i could understand the rules correctly. Expecting your reply.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess, since LXR is not participating at the French Open, a week from now she will lose the 7800 points she won there last year...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I guess, since LXR is not participating at the French Open, a week from now she will lose the 7800 points she won there last year...
    Oh.. Is it..? This is another one rule i am getting now.. I did not even thought that li xuerui will lose if she did not participate.. Great rules!!!! lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. Is it..? This is another one rule i am getting now.. I did not even thought that li xuerui will lose if she did not participate.. Great rules!!!! lol
    Actually, even if Saina wins this tournament she wont get to No.2. Here's why

Scores that will be removed:
    Saina: 6050 (Last year's French open score was not considered for Saina's Ranking and this is the lowest score she has among the weightage points)
    LXR: 7800 (Since this score was achieved more than 52 weeks ago hence will not be considered for ranking and will be removed from the ranking)

Scores that will be added:
    Saina: 9200 (if she wins French open SS)
    LXR: 6579.8 (Highest score among the Weightage points)

Scores after French Open SS (If Saina Wins let alone reaching SF):
    Saina : 80361.74 -6050+9200 = 83511.70.
    LXR : 85926.7 -7800+6579.8 = 84706.5

I sincerely hope I am wrong but this is what I know about how the ranking points are calculated.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's pretty simple, actually, and it applies to everyone!

The rankings are calculated based on performance and results over the past 52 weeks. That's all.
    So if on the first week (i.e., almost a year ago) you gained 5000 points for your performance, then a week from now, those 5000 points will not figure in your rankings calculation.

The French Open is held always on the 42nd week of the year. That is now. When the 43rd week of the year becomes the present, the French Open points for everyone will get wiped off their rankings calculation.

Therefore, to stay in the game of rankings, you need to make sure you play as much as possible. If you skip a couple of big tournaments that you have won earlier, it will affect your rankings quite a lot.

Unless of course you are LD or LCW and are always winner or runner-up - then you can afford to sleep a little more!

If you want to understand ranking and how it works better, here is some reading for you:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rankings are calculated based on performance and results over the past 52 weeks. That's all.
    So if on the first week (i.e., almost a year ago) you gained 5000 points for your performance, then a week from now, those 5000 points will not figure in your rankings calculation.

The French Open is held always on the 42nd week of the year. That is now. When the 43rd week of the year becomes the present, the French Open points for everyone will get wiped off their rankings calculation.

Therefore, to stay in the game of rankings, you need to make sure you play as much as possible. If you skip a couple of big tournaments that you have won earlier, it will affect your rankings quite a lot.

Unless of course you are LD or LCW and are always winner or runner-up - then you can afford to sleep a little more!

If you want to understand ranking and how it works better, here is some reading for you:
    Summarized in such a polite, educational and non-finger-wagging manner. That's our cobalt for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Summarized in such a polite, educational and non-finger-wagging manner. That's our cobalt for you.
    The rules are good but just a couple of tournament and it effects the ranking points heavily, like for e.g. if Wang Yihan is out of injury in the HK and China Open its highly likely that Saina and LXR would overtake her....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post

Saina: 6050 (Last year's French open score was not considered for Saina's Ranking and this is the lowest score she has among the weightage points)
    LXR: 7800 (Since this score was achieved more than 52 weeks ago hence will not be considered for ranking and will be removed from the ranking)

I sincerely hope I am wrong but this is what I know about how the ranking points are calculated.

You arent wrong dude even if you hope so its China & HK Open which would decide the top seed if WYH isnt amongst 1/2 and LXR and SN are those they both would overtake WYH even if its a 10000 ranking points difference amongst them right now

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou very much friend.. Wonderful message...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post

Thanks for taking such a pain to explain me.. Thankyou very very much my dear !!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Yeah, one of my fundamental rules of existence is: don't piss off a scorpion!

Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast