User Tag List

Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 19 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,157 to 1,173 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup!Saina has indeed wore a dress like that before for ramp walk but can't remember when.......That dress kinda looks like sania's wedding dress

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by depleter View Post
    Yup!Saina has indeed wore a dress like that before for ramp walk but can't remember when.......That dress kinda looks like sania's wedding dress
    Yeah.. She wore a similar kind of dress before . But this dress looks glamarous than the dress she wore it before. But not the year he mentioned. I think that happened in 2011

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Yeah.. She wore a similar kind of dress before . But this dress looks glamarous than the dress she wore it before. But not the year he mentioned. I think that happened in 2011
    here's the video of her in the dress uploaded on jul3, 2010....I guess it was after IO 2010.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina won't mind joining public life
    TNN | Nov 9, 2012, 03.57AM IST*

HYDERABAD: Saina Nehwal may seriously consider the option of joining politics and public life after her badminton career is over. This was revealed by the badminton champion herself - in response to a pointed question - at the launch of her autobiography in the city on Wednesday.

"Right now, my full time vocation is to play badminton", Saina, said not making bones that she is aiming for the gold medal in the 2016 Olympics. The Hyderabad girl secured the bronze medal at the recently concluded London Olympics.

The book was jointly released by ace shooter Gagan Narang and the Resident Editor of The Times Of India Kingshuk Nag. "I think talent is not enough and hard work is very important. I would say 40% talent and 60% hard work goes towards the making of a champion and yes, of course, discipline is an imperative," Saina said.

"If I have to pinpoint one single factor that has gone towards my success, it is the fact that I play to win. Winning gives me the inspiration to carry on day after day, week after week, month after month," Saina said in response to a question. In terms of special people who had made her what she is, Saina said that her mother and her coach Pullela Gopichand would surely be counted in that category.

Crediting her mother for being the source of inspiration, Saina said: "My mom, was the one who pushed me into badminton. I remember once asking her what the difference was between me and the world No.1 player, and she didn't laugh at the question or think I was setting goals too high. Instead, she looked me in the eye and told me exactly how the best player in the world was better than me. It made me feel that I could dream big, and I did begin to do so. I knew I had a lot of work ahead to get to the top, the road was opening in front of me and I stepped on it with some confidence, thanks to Mummy."

On her coach she said: "I find Gopi sir a lot cooler than several other coaches. He encourages me by saying you are doing a lot for India and you are our gold." Saina added: "Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I do perfectly." Narang, who also won a bronze at the London Olympics, chipped in saying that sportspersons have the right credentials to join public life and politics.

"A lot of people look up to us for inspiration. Sportspersons unite the country with their achievements. I am sure we can do a good job in politics," Gagan said.

On her journey towards 2016 Rio Olympics, Saina said it was important to stay injury-free. "I am happy that I started my journey by winning the Denmark Open where I beat the world No.1. Though it is too early, I want to stay focused till then," said Saina, who is the first Indian shuttler to win a Commonwealth Games gold.

When Narang enquired on what she wanted to change in the country, Saina said, "I want all the sports to be as popular as cricket. I want the sponsors to support not only stars but all the players from all disciplines."

Asked what was the first thing she did after winning the bronze at London, Saina said "I had an ice cream. I eat ice cream whenever I win a tournament. In fact, that is the only occasion I get to eat ice cream. And to eat ice creams I want to win many more tournaments," said the winner of 18 international titles.

On how Yoganidhra formed a crucial part of her career, she said, "I do a lot of it every day. It helps one to stay focused and relieves from all kinds of pressures." Saina agreed that at 22, she did not live the life that a girl of her age lived. "But badminton is my life and even the friends that I have are made in the badminton academy where I spend most of the time when I am not travelling for matches," she said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=68071

After her second-round win at the Yonex Denmark Open over Japan’s Minatsu Mitani, Saina Nehwal admitted the match “wasn’t easy”.

“She runs well and retrieves a lot,” said the Indian star of her young opponent.Nehwal’s comments proved prophetic. By the end of the next week, Mitani showed why her senior rival’s caution was justified, exacting revenge on the Denmark Open champion in the final of the French Open.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina has to be wise about her playing schedule, feel experts

TNN | Nov 11, 2012,
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/17174793.cms

Excerpts:

...But Saina Nehwal isn't unduly worried about that. "I have never been concerned about rankings. If you do well, rankings will automatically improve. I don't think reaching the No. 1 spot is that difficult, and I know I can be there. The tougher part is to stay there for long. That's what is great about the Chinese. Players like Wang Yihan and Lin Dan have been at the top for so long. I myself get amazed sometimes at their level of consistency and focus," Saina said, during her interaction with TOI reporters on Saturday.

...But the path is not that easy. The best 10 results of a particular player from a calendar year are taken into account when the BWF rankings are calculated. With the top players choosing to play an average of 14-15 tournaments a year, consistency becomes a big factor.

...She admits she's not been at peak fitness for quite some time now. "Despite being half-fit during the London Games, I managed to win a bronze. Even at last month's events in Denmark and France, I was playing with a heavily strapped knee. That's the reason why I pulled out of the China Open, as I was not feeling confident about my body. You need to pick and choose events if you want your body to withstand the rigours of the game," Saina says.

...Former national coach Vimal Kumar too feels Saina's main target should be to stay injury-free. "She has been doing a lot of things right, and it is important now that she continues in the same manner. She should not think too much about rankings. She's beaten top players and proven herself already. If she works towards staying injury-free, she can surely reach the top," he said.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shuttlers look to salvage pride

After a forgettable campaign at Shanghai, the Indian team arrived in Hong Kong in a bid to restore some pride at the Yonex Sunrise Hong Kong Super Series which begins on Tuesday.

But for Kashyap, who reached quarterfinals, none of the Indian shuttlers did well at the Premier event. With Saina Nehwal joining the team after skipping China Open, Indian fans can hope for someexciting results here. In fact, Saina won the tourney in 2010 and the draw here is quite encouraging.

Moreover, the injury break has helped the Indian ace remain fresh while the rest of the top shuttlers toiled hard at Shanghai last week. Despite not being fully fit Saina says she is confident of doing well in Hong Kong.

"I am not fully fit. But I don't want to sit at home. Once I get on the court I forget about everything and would focus only the game. Though I was not able to practice hard I am confident of doing well here," Saina told TOI from Hong Kong, adding that the draw is very tough.

"The draw is very tough. Unlike in the men's section where a couple of top stars dominate the scene, there are a number of brilliant players in the women's category. The difference between the No. 1 and No. 10 is negligible, so we can't judge a player on the basis of their rankings. I think it would be tough from the first round," she added. Saina will begin her campaign against world No. 34 Aprilla Yuswandari of Indonesia in the first round on Wednesday. She is likely to meet PV Sindhu in the semis.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/17288789.cms

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it would be against BYJ in the first round for saina. Was it changed?.. Since BYJ has withdrawn, i thought saina will get a bye in the first round.. Any Latest link of the draw announced?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Asked what was the first thing she did after winning the bronze at London, Saina said "I had an ice cream. I eat ice cream whenever I win a tournament. In fact, that is the only occasion I get to eat ice cream. And to eat ice creams I want to win many more tournaments," said the winner of 18 international titles.
    Love this quote. Ice cream, huh? Whatever works! Let's see which ice cream brand would jump at this opportunity to hire her as the spokesperson!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I thought it would be against BYJ in the first round for saina. Was it changed?.. Since BYJ has withdrawn, i thought saina will get a bye in the first round.. Any Latest link of the draw announced?
    see tournamentsoftware.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that you are not 100% fit. I expect you to overcome this knee problem and come back with excellent fitness. All the very best for your future endeavour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But she's never 100% fit.. when had she been 100% fit? its always 50-70% fit.. maybe her ability just wont get to 100%?? time for reality check.. not 100% cant be her excuse forever, she needs to get a better one. And come on, not everyone is 100% in a tournament, every player has their own old/new injuries so please dont keep reminding people as if she's the only one that is not fit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

error post. sorry
    Last edited by bad's fan; 11-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, when she wins, she's great even if she's not 100% fit.. when she lost, its because she's not 100% fit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    But she's never 100% fit.. when had she been 100% fit? its always 50-70% fit.. maybe her ability just wont get to 100%?? time for reality check.. not 100% cant be her excuse forever, she needs to get a better one. And come on, not everyone is 100% in a tournament, every player has their own old/new injuries so please dont keep reminding people as if she's the only one that is not fit
    maybe for some fans, when she won, she just proves you how great she is. then when she lost, it's just because she is not 100% fit. it's so simple, isn't it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    maybe for some fans, when she won, she just proves you how great she is. then when she lost, it's just because she is not 100% fit. it's so simple, isn't it?
    for her fans that will always be the same...that's why they are her fans.....but if we don't consider the physical or mental condition of players, its the player who performs better wins the match. That's what happened in her match against WL and MM. (IMHO)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    for her fans that will always be the same...that's why they are her fans.....but if we don't consider the physical or mental condition of players, its the player who performs better wins the match. That's what happened in her match against WL and MM. (IMHO)
    i tend to agree. it should be the better player of the day that win, so please give them (the winner) some credit. don't just bashing all the opponents when the idol won (saying their idol is the best and bla bla bla), and then rise the 'don't 100% fit' argument when the player lost.