User Tag List

Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,207 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

  1. #1191
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let the facts tell...

    Except WSX, SN holds losing H2H to all other top Chinese WS players including JYJ, WYH, WX, LXR, WL.... So who's more able to handle who?

    And I may tend to agree that whenever WSX lost to SN, WSX must be not 100% fit, or not even 50% fit....

  2. #1192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread is "all about" SN, may not necessarily all "for" or "pro" SN. All fair comments are welcome...

  3. #1193
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok, if thats how u SEE things. But if u think I've disgrace SN in my posts, that would means I've disgraced each and every badminton player in this world... oh my god, what have I done?? I think I need help, maybe a psychiatrist to help me realise your point of view because obviously mine is very very very very wrong.. ok, i'll get my brain fixed as soon as possible so that I can think smart like you

  4. #1194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    ok, if thats how u SEE things. But if u think I've disgrace SN in my posts, that would means I've disgraced each and every badminton player in this world... oh my god, what have I done?? I think I need help, maybe a psychiatrist to help me realise your point of view because obviously mine is very very very very wrong.. ok, i'll get my brain fixed as soon as possible so that I can think smart like you
    How dare you! To disgrace India the "badminton powerhouse" in this forum, and even to disgrace SN the powerhouse of this powerhouse in her house, this thread, here!

  5. #1195
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    673
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh this thread is heating up again. We all agree that Saina is a top player in the world and is one of the dominant non-chinese players along with Julianne, Tine and others in recent years. Actually, all of us indians are really proud of her achievements. Some of us do favor her a little bit too much, sometimes on the expense of other players. We all agree that beating Chinese players is not easy and there are very few players who are beating them a few times and Saina is one of those players.
    Lets not forget that in India there is no China like top class facilities and coaches, and its a big thing that Saina is doing so much that before her no women badminton player has done in our country.

  6. #1196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree that SN is a great WS player, and have nothing bad towards her. her achievement so far is not bad at all, very good indeed, if we see the history of badminton in India.

    my problem is just that some fans don't mind to bashing all the opponents SN defeat when she won, but at the other side, always give any reason when SN lost (esp. to the players he/she bashing before). just a bit unfair for me. but let's just stop here then. maybe that is what fans called for.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 11-24-2012 at 11:41 AM.

  7. #1197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No one is discrediting SN's achievements. Just that some of her fans need to take it down a notch. We don't want another case like when LCW feel that he had to apologize for his fan's video

  8. #1198
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    No one is discrediting SN's achievements. Just that some of her fans need to take it down a notch. We don't want another case like when LCW feel that he had to apologize for his fan's video
    Sorry , but I don't quite agree...

    With respect to some of Saina's fans, yes, they are pretty exuberant in their support of their idol. At the same time, they have not discredited other players and in fact having read some of their comments on other player's threads, I'm a little bemused as to why they are being targetted. Maybe it is a case of not "belonging" to the clique?

    At the same time, I can't help but notice that there are many more members who have been systematically polluting player's and tournament threads with innuendo, baiting, and judgemental diatribes against perceived threats and outrages. I have also noticed that scorpion1's more "passionate" posts have generally been in response to a bait or an outright crass comment by some member with an (usually anti/nationalistic/personal) axe to grind. If you can censure him for his reponse, why don't you censure the baiter even more vigorously? Maybe one should begin by asking those people to take it down a notch?

    There are people who are far more toxic and insidious in their effect on this forum, than scorpion1; he is just openly exuberant and supportive, and although his expressions may not be "acceptable" to more "sophisticated" people, there is nothing wrong with his heart, and his logic for the most part. And no, he is not related to me!

    Speaking for myself, I am very, very heartened to see the growth of positive and openly noticable support for Saina, and Indian players and India as an emerging badminton power. This support was very noticably lacking until recently. In fact, it had been quite the norm for some people on this forum to scorn and belittle India's (and their supporters') efforts. But it's good to see that is changing...
    Last edited by cobalt; 11-24-2012 at 01:45 PM.

  9. #1199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Sorry , but I don't quite agree...

    With respect to some of Saina's fans, yes, they are pretty exuberant in their support of their idol. At the same time, they have not discredited other players and in fact having read some of their comments on other player's threads, I'm a little bemused as to why they are being targetted. Maybe it is a case of not "belonging" to the clique?

    At the same time, I can't help but notice that there are many more members who have been systematically polluting player's and tournament threads with innuendo, baiting, and judgemental diatribes against perceived threats and outrages. I have also noticed that scorpion1's more "passionate" posts have generally been in response to a bait or an outright crass comment by some member with an (usually anti/nationalistic/personal) axe to grind. If you can censure him for his reponse, why don't you censure the baiter even more vigorously? Maybe one should begin by asking those people to take it down a notch?

    There are people who are far more toxic and insidious in their effect on this forum, than scorpion1; he is just openly exuberant and supportive, and although his expressions may not be "acceptable" to more "sophisticated" people, there is nothing wrong with his heart, and his logic for the most part. And no, he is not related to me!

    Speaking for myself, I am very, very heartened to see the growth of positive and openly noticable support for Saina, and Indian players and India as an emerging badminton power. This support was very noticably lacking until recently. In fact, it had been quite the norm for some people on this forum to scorn and belittle India's (and their supporters') efforts. But it's good to see that is changing...
    Can't say I'd agree with the bolded area, but fair enough to the rest of the post.

    Obvious trolling posts should, rightfully, be ignored. That said, I personally have no problems if one chooses to express his/her issues with such posts, even if they're feeding the troll.

    I do, however, have a problem with some of scorpion1's posts, in that he seems to jump on anyone not heaping praises on Saina (or any other Indian player for that matter) and immediately brand the said poster as anti-SN/India, even if the person is making a fair comment. I'm inclined to believe, as you do, that he's simply an exuberant supporter, in which case I feel that he should moderate his thoughts better as part of forum etiquette, which is why I asked him to "take it down a notch".

  10. #1200
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    ---snip--- I'm inclined to believe, as you do, that he's simply an exuberant supporter, in which case I feel that he should moderate his thoughts better as part of forum etiquette, which is why I asked him to "take it down a notch".
    I notice however, that he has certainly moderated his stance of late! But I wouldn't fault him if he takes umbrage to, or responds sharply to pokes and prods from baiters and haters.

  11. #1201
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hehehe..:P
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Uh huh. So when she says she can handle someone, what do you think she means? That she can play well enough against them but not beat them?

    Riiight.
    Wow!I was just joking there......just calm down please..!

  12. #1202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I notice however, that he has certainly moderated his stance of late! But I wouldn't fault him if he takes umbrage to, or responds sharply to pokes and prods from baiters and haters.
    This I have to agree, he certainly is more moderate now but the passion is still there. To his credit most of his posts sing praises about the Indian players but never directly against any non Indian players. It is the so called baiters and haters who come up with the assumptions that he is belittling other players.

  13. #1203
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,198
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    This I have to agree, he certainly is more moderate now but the passion is still there. To his credit most of his posts sing praises about the Indian players but never directly against any non Indian players. It is the so called baiters and haters who come up with the assumptions that he is belittling other players.
    The baiters need to calm down more and concentrate on badminton.

  14. #1204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default do not blame the baiter only. there's no baiter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    The baiters need to calm down more and concentrate on badminton.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...085;-)/page1225
    #post 2065

  15. #1205
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    673
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    If you are mentioning about scorpion1's comment there then i think it was just an innocent comment. I don't think he was being a racist there. He was also new in this forum that time, that is the reason that he didn't repeat these type of comments in the future.

  16. #1206
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hehehe..:P
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    If you are mentioning about scorpion1's comment there then i think it was just an innocent comment. I don't think he was being a racist there. He was also new in this forum that time, that is the reason that he didn't repeat these type of comments in the future.
    I would rather say it as a natural instinct than racist remark,It's common to all people ...If you are seeing a specific type of people lets say Indians,Chineseor any other whom you have not seen before until you actually concentrate completely,the brain takes some time to decipher the differences...but ofcourse some may find it offencive,but we have to see it from the comment maker's point of view as well...
    Last edited by depleter; 11-26-2012 at 10:17 AM.

  17. #1207
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,198
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    I hate to tell you this but it's true and it's not a prejudiced comment (which is why it was not deleted).

    The recognition of faces follows different pattern recognition. If you are not used to seeing chinese faces, they do look the same because they have the same hair colour and eye colour. Hair and eye colour are looked at more frequently as discerning characteristics in other populations.

    But don't take my word for it. Have a look here.

    http://www.nottingham.edu.my/NewsEve...gnise-you.aspx

Similar Threads

  1. Saina Nehwal and Ranking
    By geebees90 in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 12
    : 12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
  2. Tribute to Indian Star, Saina Nehwal
    By Loh in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 9
    : 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
  3. Saina Nehwal at the 2009 India Open
    By chris-ccc in forum India Open 2009
    Replies: 28
    : 03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
  4. Interview with Indian Rising Star and Phil Open Champion Saina Nehwal
    By vip_m in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 06-09-2006, 12:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •