User Tag List

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,241 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The floor was mopped at 16-20 at 25.18 (overhead camera) after the slow mo of that point.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.. It is clearly visible at the point 16-20, court was mopped . Umpire has accepted her request for mopping of the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are missing the point. I'm saying that she slipped (and injured herself) during the point 20-15, which is BEFORE the floor was mopped at 20-16. She did NOT slip (visibly, at least) at point 20-17, but pushing off with her ALREADY injured leg MAY have aggravated the injury.

What I want to know, if anyone was there and had seen the match, is if she asked the umpire to have the floor mopped BEFORE 20-15 was played, and whether the umpire had denied the request.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have watched the video 10 times. Even after 15 th point of saina, i have clearly watched xin did not fall at all. After saina's 16th point, court was mopped on request. Then two points were taken by saina. At 18-20, xin fell down(not because of slippery, but because of her aggravated injury from her previous semifinal encouter against li xuerui). After bandaging her knew, she came back and took the point to finish the game 1. At 29.49, she is asking the umpire whether the court was mopped .. He should have said yes, thats why she nodded her head as 'ok'. Because after the end of every game, court will be mopped.
    So, there is no point of referee's refusal talk !!!.. End of discussion.

Whatever happened, it happened. So, lets pray to god for xin's quick recovery. Thats our priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Even after 15 th point of saina, i have clearly watched xin did not fall at all.
    If that's your view, I guess we'd have to agree to disagree on this. When I watched the video, it seems like her left leg slipped, though as you said, she did not fall.

because of her aggravated injury from her previous semifinal encouter against li xuerui
    This is news to me. Where have you read that she sustained an injury during her SF?

Whatever happened, it happened. So, lets pray to god for xin's quick recovery. Thats our priority.
    Agreed

Edit: If it wasn't clear, I am NOT blaming the referee because from the video, we can't tell if WX requested for a floor mop before she slipped at 20-15 (my opinion from the video); and if she did, whether the umpire refused that request.
    Last edited by yamsyams; 12-04-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclusive interview of Saina nehwal to The Hindu before she left to participate in the superseries finals .

"http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-...cle4188466.ece"

EXCERPTS:

"Definitely, the pressure is not there now was it was the case earlier when there was a feeling that I should take part in every tournament and look to win. Things have changed for the good and I am in a position to actually choose the events on the advice of Gopi Sir,”

Saina insists that no one is unbeatable in contemporary badminton. “It all depends on how well you get things right on the given day. The most demanding aspect is that you have to maintain very high levels of fitness,” she pointed out.

For his part, national coach Gopi Chand points out that it will be a tough Super Series finals given the fact that the top eight in the world will be competing. “But again, there is a sea change in Saina’s attitude towards the game now. The body language says it all. She is definitely a class above the rest. Her strokes are much sharper and more confident,” Gopi explained.

All the very best saina.. Come home with the title..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think saina nehwal need to take a break and come back with her knee problem cured.. Lee Chong wei already withdrew.. I think saina is struggling with her knee.. After a long gap, Tine has won saina ... This is a clear indication of her knee problem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your opinion is not same with her coach. which one to believe? just confused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think saina nehwal need to take a break and come back with her knee problem cured.. Lee Chong wei already withdrew.. I think saina is struggling with her knee.. After a long gap, Tine has won saina ... This is a clear indication of her knee problem.
    No. I think Tina just got her strategy and game right yesterday. Well there is still 2 more game to go, so dont worry yet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina suffered another defeat against Inthanon.. She need to take rest for a while and come back to the circuit after her knee treatment.. She should not aggravate her injury like this further..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina suffered another defeat against Inthanon.. She need to take rest for a while and come back to the circuit after her knee treatment.. She should not aggravate her injury like this further..
    She might be taking it easy so not to aggravate her knee injury. Like LCW, she wouldnt want to pay the fine and therefore, came to this finals and take it easy to play. And also not taking away any credit from TR and IR, congrats to them!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not her game at all . The way she lost to Tine and Inthanon, whom she defeated comfortably when she met them previously strictly indicates her knee condition(the points scored were not at all convincing). She does not play to her potential. She should have taken rest and paid the fine, after all USD 5250 is nothing for her. Coming here and losing is definitely not a right choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not her game at all . The way she lost to Tine and Inthanon, whom she defeated comfortably when she met them previously strictly indicates her knee condition(the points scored were not at all convincing). She does not play to her potential. She should have taken rest and paid the fine, after all USD 5250 is nothing for her. Coming here and losing is definitely not a right choice.
    You must agree USD 5250 is a huge amount of money converted to Indian Rupees. A loss is not entirely a bad thing. She could be trying out new strategies and techniques against world class opponents.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    You must agree USD 5250 is a huge amount of money converted to Indian Rupees. A loss is not entirely a bad thing. She could be trying out new strategies and techniques against world class opponents.
    Really her loss hurts me...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really her loss hurts me...
    Not only you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Not only you.
    Thanks for giving me hand...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    USD 5250 in India is around Rs. 30Lac... Yu can have a good 2BHK flat in any decent apartment measuring 1100 sq. feet for that sum... Middle class Indian used to take his whole 30 years of wrking life to save that much amount.... still definitely thats not too much for Saina now(may be hearing of her endorsement deals, but you never know how much has she actually recieved of that since its just an announcement a few months back)... Additionaly and the real reason I believe is How often can you get to play the top players in a practice match