User Tag List

Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,310 to 1,326 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

  1. #1310
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,507
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is not at all looks like match fixing at all. She already said before playing the tournament that she will play the first game and analyse it how far she would be able to play(freely without that itch due to knee problem). She played the first game. But she felt uneasy while playing and hence withdrew. She need to take rest and come back with her knee get cured completely and play korean open and open 2013 with a win. All the very best Saina.

  2. #1311
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's really not a very good idea for SN to withdraw in such way. But It's okay if Indian fans think it's fine.
    I do hope she will play Korea Open 2012 in good shape.. I like watching exciting game.

  3. #1312
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,507
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It all depends on the mind of people. She is the person who need to decide whether she will be able to play without aggravating it if she play continuously in this tournament or not. She is playing continuously with her troubled knee starting from Denmark Open. She does not want to disappoint her fans . Thats why, despite her injury, she came to play the first game. She did an excellent job. She made a wonderful attempt in giving her fans to watch her fantabulous game in court. People can criticize her out of jealous. But true condition is known only by the player. She knew what to do and hence she withdrew in order to avoid aggravating the knee pain further . I wish her to take rest completely and cure her knee and come back to open her account with Korea Open 2013.

  4. #1313
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am sorry I wrote Korea Open 2012 by mistake. u people should know I mean 2013
    But I think it is very hard for SN to win the title in the
    Korea Open 2013.
    Also, Chinese top players will face up with lots of difficulities in Korea
    . The worst line judges living there..

  5. #1314
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    It all depends on the mind of people. She is the person who need to decide whether she will be able to play without aggravating it if she play continuously in this tournament or not. She is playing continuously with her troubled knee starting from Denmark Open. She does not want to disappoint her fans . Thats why, despite her injury, she came to play the first game. She did an excellent job. She made a wonderful attempt in giving her fans to watch her fantabulous game in court. People can criticize her out of jealous. But true condition is known only by the player. She knew what to do and hence she withdrew in order to avoid aggravating the knee pain further . I wish her to take rest completely and cure her knee and come back to open her account with Korea Open 2013.
    Ok, looking from purely injuries reason point of view, when someone withdrew halfway and gave the match to SN, why does that someone gets all the bashing? for being afraid to really lose to SN?? and that someone got criticized for denying SN's true victory? Just being curious how come theres so many version/point of view about this withdraw-half-way-through-the-match thingy

  6. #1315
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,507
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dieter_spath View Post
    I am sorry I wrote Korea Open 2012 by mistake. u people should know I mean 2013
    But I think it is very hard for SN to win the title in the
    Korea Open 2013.
    Also, Chinese top players will face up with lots of difficulities in Korea
    . The worst line judges living there..
    And also i think that nobody can predict it that it will be very tough for saina to win there !!!

  7. #1316
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,507
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am sorry I wrote Korea Open 2012 by mistake. u people should know I mean 2013
    But I think it is very hard for SN to win the title in the
    Korea Open 2013.
    Also, Chinese top players will face up with lots of difficulities in Korea
    . The worst line judges living there..-- I dont think that korean line judges are worst. Totally and completely wrong.

  8. #1317
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Before I get attacked for this post, look at it from a neutral point of view:

    Surely, if Saina had booked a flight out that evening, prior to playing the match, and then withdrew just before she could have finished the match, there should be some sort of penalty brought against her?

    She had no intention of finishing the match if she had booked a flight coinciding with the next match. With this, someone could have bet a lot of money of Saina losing knowing she would, this is surely the same as match fixing?

    Playing with no intention of winning, is the same as match fixing surely?!
    Saina did a very stupid mistake here. She obviously had no intention to progress in this tournament probably to save her knee for Korea & MS SS. Retiring on last point is bad enough, on top of that booking a return flight before the match, come on .. how dumb can one get?

    If she was not interested she should not have participated in the first place and piss off all her fans.
    Let this be a lesson for her. I like Saina but this behavior I just cannot condone.

  9. #1318
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I am sorry I wrote Korea Open 2012 by mistake. u people should know I mean 2013
    But I think it is very hard for SN to win the title in the
    Korea Open 2013.
    Also, Chinese top players will face up with lots of difficulities in Korea
    . The worst line judges living there..-- I dont think that korean line judges are worst. Totally and completely wrong.
    I think the biggest problem is the slow shuttle. The ball will be very hard to kill with smashes. This conditions will favor a rally type player.

  10. #1319
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I think the biggest problem is the slow shuttle. The ball will be very hard to kill with smashes. This conditions will favor a rally type player.
    but I do not think there are any possibility for korean or japanese rally type players to win the title if without the judge's help.

  11. #1320
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I think the biggest problem is the slow shuttle. The ball will be very hard to kill with smashes. This conditions will favor a rally type player.
    Is it because of the kind of shuttles used or weather condition or something else?

  12. #1321
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan888 View Post
    Is it because of the kind of shuttles used or weather condition or something else?
    I think it is due to the cold weather.

  13. #1322
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    765
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Saina did a very stupid mistake here. She obviously had no intention to progress in this tournament probably to save her knee for Korea & MS SS. Retiring on last point is bad enough, on top of that booking a return flight before the match, come on .. how dumb can one get?

    If she was not interested she should not have participated in the first place and piss off all her fans.
    Let this be a lesson for her. I like Saina but this behavior I just cannot condone.
    And what with someone forcing you to play even when you are seriously injured just saying that the tournament loses the sheen, the marketing and the money & all that wont be lost, you would be in good terms with us and the sponsers even if you just manage to come to the promotional event, last year SN managed to get away with this pressure by coming to the promotional events but this time it was more pressure, you definitely know that she was reluctant to play but just imagine how much pressure she had to go through to fly in stay there and play a solitary match risking her knee which seriously needs some rest and giving up on her scheduled preparatin for the bigger turnaments just lying a coule of weeks ahead....

    Be in her shoes for a while...

  14. #1323
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    And what with someone forcing you to play even when you are seriously injured just saying that the tournament loses the sheen, the marketing and the money & all that wont be lost, you would be in good terms with us and the sponsers even if you just manage to come to the promotional event, last year SN managed to get away with this pressure by coming to the promotional events but this time it was more pressure, you definitely know that she was reluctant to play but just imagine how much pressure she had to go through to fly in stay there and play a solitary match risking her knee which seriously needs some rest and giving up on her scheduled preparatin for the bigger turnaments just lying a coule of weeks ahead....

    Be in her shoes for a while...
    Man .. you seriously don't see the point. I am talking sportsmanship and you are talking about sponsor pressure.

    Don't you think this could have been handled more professionally by Saina?
    1) Shouldn't have booked the return ticket earlier.
    2) Let her opponent win the second game and retire in the third.

    Would she be in the current situation if she had done the above?

    In the Olympic game Wang Xin with her injured ligaments got up and fought for the final game point. Are you telling me Saina could not have done this? Don't bring up the issue about letting the Russian go to the second round, we are not in a charity organisation. Passage is earned not donated.

    Dont blindly support your idol, if she did wrong say so, people will respect you for it.

  15. #1324
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,507
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Man .. you seriously don't see the point. I am talking sportsmanship and you are talking about sponsor pressure.

    Don't you think this could have been handled more professionally by Saina?
    1) Shouldn't have booked the return ticket earlier.
    2) Let her opponent win the second game and retire in the third.

    Would she be in the current situation if she had done the above?

    In the Olympic game Wang Xin with her injured ligaments got up and fought for the final game point. Are you telling me Saina could not have done this? Don't bring up the issue about letting the Russian go to the second round, we are not in a charity organisation. Passage is earned not donated.

    Dont blindly support your idol, if she did wrong say so, people will respect you for it.

    1) Shouldn't have booked the return ticket earlier. ---- If your knee troubles much and if you are pressurised to play the match, and if you dont know how you will perform with such pain(She suffered thigh pain even in Superseries finals itself. Please i ask you to go and look into those interviews.) there is no other way other than playing even with such pain.
    Advance booking is not a major fault. And if she was able to play without any trouble, she would have had cancelled it. Cancelling is easy nowadays !!!

    Indian Badminton association, without knowing her full condition, they have announced that she will play in the first round.
    With that pressure and not wanted her fans to get disappointed, She had given an interview the previous day that she will see whether she will be able to continue or not when she plays the russian. Unfortunately, she could not due to knee pain. Thats why, she could not continue. Otherwise she would have cancelled the ticket and have played.

    2)Let her opponent win the second game and retire in the third. - If she was in condition to win a point , who will lose deliberately as if you are insisting. No player will do that.

  16. #1325
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    765
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Man .. you seriously don't see the point. I am talking sportsmanship and you are talking about sponsor pressure.

    Don't you think this could have been handled more professionally by Saina?
    1) Shouldn't have booked the return ticket earlier.
    2) Let her opponent win the second game and retire in the third.


    Would she be in the current situation if she had done the above?

    In the Olympic game Wang Xin with her injured ligaments got up and fought for the final game point. Are you telling me Saina could not have done this? Don't bring up the issue about letting the Russian go to the second round, we are not in a charity organisation. Passage is earned not donated.

    Dont blindly support your idol, if she did wrong say so, people will respect you for it.
    First and foremost she was in Lucknow the next day as well so she definitely hadn't flew away nor booked a return flight before the match...
    Read this:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/17728166.cms
    And for the second point, I dont understand how does it matters, if she would have played that point and won/lost.. you would again have had other things to say....
    Anyways, you are free to have your arguments and views....
    And bydaway, what I said isn't a blind support, I would have done the same myself.... so I stand by it!!
    Last edited by gopalprasad; 12-23-2012 at 10:32 AM.

  17. #1326
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just finished watching the replays of the round-robin and the semi-final matches that Saina played at the SS Finals in Shenzhen. She had appeared (to my eyes) to have packed a couple of pounds again. Her mobility was not too affected, but her propensity to go cross-court when she felt cornered was again noticeable in her game against LXR.

    I think she needs to move to a relatively more head-heavy racquet. That RP is not doing her any favours...

Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saina Nehwal and Ranking
    By geebees90 in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 12
    : 12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
  2. Tribute to Indian Star, Saina Nehwal
    By Loh in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 9
    : 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
  3. Saina Nehwal at the 2009 India Open
    By chris-ccc in forum India Open 2009
    Replies: 28
    : 03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
  4. Interview with Indian Rising Star and Phil Open Champion Saina Nehwal
    By vip_m in forum India Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 06-09-2006, 12:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •