User Tag List

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,344 to 1,360 of 1397

Thread: Saina Nehwal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I hope BWF will take necessary steps against those players who intentionally retired this tournament . Strict rules needed to be formed . Lee Chong Wei and Saina are the true players who never make fake retirements. These people are the only two who are top non-chinese players in their respective categories."

Haha I think you're forgetting something...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina never intentionally retired a tournament? you must be joking! remember what she did in India GPG?

I care about is because I'm looking forward to more exciting matches between top players! Now, I do believe SN is only threat so far to the top CHN players. I hope she would do all her best to produce an exciting match for a CHN player and non-CHN player (especially LXR)

Li Han has a lot of reasons to get more ranking points. And WSX need the points too or she'll probably drop out top 8 because she won Korean SP last year. LXR and WHY do not need these points at all. What BWF do is forcing players to play what they are rather reluctant to play.

If you ever know the ranking system of tennis, you will probably know how stupid and absurd about BWF's rules. It just force top players to play more tournaments with great risk of geting injured. The points for a player who reached into semi-final of SS is nearly the same as points in GPG, and it's far less intensive and competitive than SS.

China has proposed many times about this absurd rules but BWF never listen to it. And it even produced the even more stupid rules to force players to participate even he/she really got injured.

I have no idea why anyone here think BWF is right about it? Let me picture it. if you were in a company, you had a lot of works and did really well, but the the payments (ranking points) was nearly the same as a normal stuff not as excellent as you. And you were forced to work more without any extra pay, and you were not allowed to be absent from work even if you were really very sick, any excuse being absent would be fined! and you were not allowed to complain about it?

imagine it! you must be a saint not to protest a company like this.
    Last edited by dieter_spath; 01-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GPG tournament is tier 3 or 4 tournament. This korea open is superseries premier tournament. Everybody have to attend. This is too much to have a mass retirement (pre planned). Anyhow, i dont wanna discuss this here in this thread. This is for Saina.

I wish her to make her presence in Malaysian Open and win the title there. All the very best Saina.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are you guys talking about? try to tarnish SN reputation as a good player? what she did in India GPG was not fake retirement. it just a retirement that she already planned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    GPG tournament is tier 3 or 4 tournament. This korea open is superseries premier tournament. Everybody have to attend. This is too much to have a mass retirement (pre planned). Anyhow, i dont wanna discuss this here in this thread. This is for Saina.

I wish her to make her presence in Malaysian Open and win the title there. All the very best Saina.
    So because of the level of tournament that makes it alright? This is what you're saying...

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    what are you guys talking about? try to tarnish SN reputation as a good player? what she did in India GPG was not fake retirement. it just a retirement that she already planned.
    She retired 1 point from victory! This is arguably more ridiculous! Any you have no evidence that these were fake retirements cause they were still certified by a BWF doctor.

6. Likes Justin L, bad's fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, let's see what Saina will do in Malaysian Open.

I just hope she is okay in All England SP. I'm looking forward a match between her and LXR when they are both in good form. Not like anything happened in Superseries final, less focused and produced so many errors by both of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Ha ha. Yeah.. Nobody will be able to forget what happened in Olympics 2012 to tarnish the image of this valuable sport. Even nobody will be able to forget about the news which recently hit the newspapers that those who cheated this sport in london olympics were honoured .. Huh.. (Was that because of the act they made in olympics )..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    I think slower conditions don't suit Saina's playing style. She do not fare well in these tournaments.
    Let's hope she does well in Maylasia
    I think slow conditions suit Saina just fine, actually. It allows her time to get to the shuttle and play her shots. Her real problems lie elsewhere - remaining injury-free, physical fitness and conquering her body-mass issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you guys are all missing the point here. In almost all cases, its not the players themselves who have any control over the "withdrawal" or "retirement." These decisions have been taken at a higher level and the orders have been sent down to the players. BWF has a lot to answer for because of it's short-sighted policies, but that doesn't IMO justify the acts of the associations from time to time... 2 wrongs cannot make a right. There are other, better methods of making BWF change their stupid policies, but this requires cooperation among the NAs. If they are not willing to do this, then the game will always suffer. This is the problem with the game - nationalism taking precedence over professionalism.

11. Thanks Cheung thanked for this post
    Likes Jonc108, dieter_spath, Cheung liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intentional retirements? well is there any other kind?
    i see no difference between these retirements in Korea and Saina retirement in India. in both cases i think the players should have withdrawn before tournament start.

13. Likes Jonc108 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    intentional retirements? well is there any other kind?
    i see no difference between these retirements in Korea and Saina retirement in India. in both cases i think the players should have withdrawn before tournament start.
    Saina should have withdrew as she was under no BWF regulation to play the GPG event. The Chinese players are different as the BWF would have imposed a financial penalty (far greater than the cost of travelling and playing half a match)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the perspective of BWF and fines, it would have made sense to withdraw before that GP event starts. Other local factors, such as appearance fee, sponsorhip deals, previous obligation or "I'm-a-friend-of-you-know-who-so-please-play" etc, may have played a part in her only playing the first round of the GP event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no rules mentioning that top 10 players are needed to play even GPG and international series tournaments compulsarily . But the condition of Superseries tournament is totally different. Its already indicated that they should play their game definitely with their full conscience . If the retirements are due to injury, its normal . But its like "MASS RETIREMENT PlAN" which were conducted and executed with full conscience and perfection . Hence, no need to argue guys. BWF would have noted this Retirement Plans . So, i hope BWF will take necessary decisions ASAP without delay . If BWF has taken a very wonderful decision for what have had happened in London Olympics, i am sure they also will consider this "Mass Retirement Plan" and take appropriate steps to ensure that will not happen again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The only "Mas Retirement Plan" I'm really hoping to see is with the BWF council and Management!
    And then BWF management to be outsourced to ATP...

18. Likes Jonc108, Loh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    There are no rules mentioning that top 10 players are needed to play even GPG and international series tournaments compulsarily . But the condition of Superseries tournament is totally different. Its already indicated that they should play their game definitely with their full conscience . If the retirements are due to injury, its normal . But its like "MASS RETIREMENT PlAN" which were conducted and executed with full conscience and perfection . Hence, no need to argue guys. BWF would have noted this Retirement Plans . So, i hope BWF will take necessary decisions ASAP without delay . If BWF has taken a very wonderful decision for what have had happened in London Olympics, i am sure they also will consider this "Mass Retirement Plan" and take appropriate steps to ensure that will not happen again.
    Is the only reason you're desperate for team china to be banned is because you know it's the only was Saina can win again?

20. Likes Justin L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    The only "Mas Retirement Plan" I'm really hoping to see is with the BWF council and Management!
    And then BWF management to be outsourced to ATP...
    I think elections for some roles are coming up soon! Put yourself forward!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I think elections for some roles are coming up soon! Put yourself forward!
    After, you, sir!

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast