AB-900 VS AB-2000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mozart, May 25, 2001.

1. Mozart

Mozart Guest

Hi,

Has anyone tried out both these rackets? They both seems to have heavy head and speed. How are they different then? I am a duo but my arm is not strong. That's why I don't think AB-1000 is suitable for me because I think lighter rackets need more stronger arm to get the power. As for Ramussen, I hate going through with dealers to find out if they are real since I will most likely asking someone to get my rackets or buy them online.

Comments?

Thanks.

2. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    I did try AB2000 be4 but not AB900. I saw it specification written on the racquet's mini booklet. It is 90g. Max tension is 40lbs but not recommended to do so as it is too risky. It is for denfensive play. Ab2000 is for more for single play, and the weight is 89g.

3. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Sorry Wins, but you're wrong about the AB-900 being for defensive play. It is a powerful, offensive racquet, which is quite clear the first time you pick it up, as it is head heavy. It works fine on defense, and I believe the aerodynamic AirBlade head helps it cut through the air more quickly, but it is not as quick as a lighter racquet. For more info on the AB 900 check the reviews sections and do a search for messages on this racquet here on the forum - there have been a lot of postings in the past two months or so.

I've never tried the AB 2000.

4. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    Sorri to say but i nv try Ab900 be4 and i already stated that in my previous post. So i am not wrong as i didn't say that, it is written on a booklet attach to the racquet which is printed by Carlton. It shall be their fault not me. Don't Blame Me.

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    lol carlton is dumb for putting a tag on the ab900 that says "defensive racquet".
    that racquet is not defensive at all!
    its got great smashing power. but it is hard to do net shots and drops with it

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    The tag on my 900 didn't say anything about it being for the defensive player. On the contrary, although I can't recall the exact reading, it stated that it's designed for the attack-minded player (plus the regular babble about Simon Archer's smash record of course).

Anyway, I agree with Brett. The 900 is definitely for the offensive player.

I haven't tried the AB2000.

7. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    it is written as :
    Used By player :Simon Archer
    And the record of the smashing stuffs
    and it wrote : For Defensive player

Mag, dun jump to assumption when u can't recall much !!!

it is true that for some racquet like Mp100 is use for aggresive play is claim by company for defensive or is use for single by is claim to be for duo.

Some PPl do feel and Yonex claim that it is a single racquet ( i saw it in somewhere) but it is used more in duos.

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Sorry, Wins, I think we have a little misunderstanding here. I didn't question your statement. I simply related the fact that the mini-booklet that came with MY racquet didn't say the same things as yours. Carlton might well market the racquet differently in different parts of the world.

I guess it just shows us once again that we shouldn't pay too much attention to the marketing "information". I mean, calling the 900 a racquet suited for the defensive player is just mindless. (That being directed towards Carlton, not you, Wins! :) )

9. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    ok, fine :)