Need help on entry-level Yonex racquet please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by iangel, May 31, 2006.

1. iangel

iangel New Member

Hi all! I'm a newbie here, I've been reading this forum for a couple of days and I must say this is a GREAT forum, people seem to be really nice and helpful around here!

I am currently looking to get an entry-level racquet, and for about the same price, I am thinking of getting either MusclePower 22 or Isometric 75 by Yonex.

And I would really appreciate it if I can get some opinion on which of these 2 racquets i should be getting.

Thanks guys! Any comment/opinion would be much appreciated!!

2. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Hi, Jangel, welcome to BC!

I take it that you are totally new to badminton. If such, I donot think there is any difference which racket you choose - because they are quite similar anyway. No offence though, the subtle differences on balance point and staiffness would mean nothing at this stage.

I assume you can easily get access to the rackets? Pick them up and give them a good swing around and pick the one you feel more comfortable with.

When you have move further up the level and understand you strength, weaknesses and preference, you can then move more specifically up the racket range and choose one that could supplement your style of play.

Right now, just simply pick up the rackte, step into the court and enjoy the fun of playing badminton.:)

3. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    You seem to be new to badminton so I would suggest the Iso 75 as it is light and the newest version has a Mega Frame size for a very big sweetspot and lots of forgiveness. Good luck in the game!

4. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

I disagree with the last post. Since you are new, I think it would be best to pick up a heavier racket to train your strength, and as you get better and stronger you can move up into the lighter rackets.