Recommendations plz (Ti-7?)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ryoga, May 31, 2006.

1. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

Hi guys, just need some help with picking out a racket. I could get it either here in On (so Yo's) or in HK. Looking for -

Brand - Yonex
    Price Range - 100 - 120 CAD (or HK equivalent)
    Skill Level - Moving from beginner to intermediate? (I play a lot now so i'm starting to get better)
    Weight - I perfer 3U
    Player Type - Recreational, more doubles than singles. I use my left hand to play even tho I'm right-handed b/c I dislocated my right shoulder playing tennis hahaha. That's why i dont smash much cause i cant get much power on my left hand. I tend to do a lot of drop shots and net play.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the 3U Ti-7. Is there any other recommendations? Thanks guys

2. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

come on guys. 34 views and no replies? help me out

3. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Well, i own a Ti-7 and personally i'd say its decent for me. Its not that its bad, but it doesnt seem like something a hard hitter or smash-preferenced person like me would use. However, i'll say that if you're a control/precision or tactical type of player, its perfect.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i dont like it but that is my personal taste

5. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

Thanks PandaLord. Cooler do u hav anything else u'd recommend if u dont think Ti-7 is good?

6. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Well, like i said, its not that Ti-7 is not good, its just that it doesnt fit my personal taste. I love head heavy rackets for more 'Oomph'.

My friend on the other hand, loves playing deceptively and accurately, and he ABSOLUTELY LOVES my Ti-7. Apparently he loves the head light (i feel like its balanced though but its what the racket says) feeling of the Ti-7 and says that it helps him move faster and control the ball better.

So there you have it, me and my friend are completely opposites, if we played a singles game he'd give me tight shots while i go explosively on him. ;)

What type of player are you ? That would help greatly. Perhaps look around the forums on reviews of rackets to fit what you want in a racket.

#6 PandaLord, Jun 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  7. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

I'm probably more like your friends. i like playing technical/deceptive shots. i'm more of a net player and i'd perfer a light racket. does that help?

8. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Well then, Ti-7 may be what you want after all. Its head light, and i personally feel that its extremely good at handling nets and doing deceptive shots.

Be warned though, theres two types of Ti-7, the Ti-7 Light and Ti-7. Mine is the Ti-7 Light.

9. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

i'm looking for the Ti-7 light. but i heard it may be hard to find.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i re-read your first post and ti-7 likely suits you because you now must relies more on wrist than your shoulder. A newer design might be the armortec 300 in that price range

11. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Well I dont know how a Ti7 feels but let me give you my recommendation.
    I ve tried a few Nano and a few Armortecs but what I really loved and what left a strong impression was the Nano 9000S 3U.
    I know that would be over the budget but this racket would last easily 10 years and you dont need to worry about getting a new racket soon when your skills improves again.
    It would be a perfect match for your requirements.

12. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

Cooler - thanks
    Zangetsu - thanks for your recommendation. but if i'm gonna spend that much money wouldnt a AT800 DEF be better? 4u racket and it felt quite good when i played with my friend's. just my piece of though. but yea. those rackets would be way over budget for me. i dont want to spoil myself with too good a racket rite now cause i wont improve and become too reliant on good rackets. thanks tho