AT-700 or NS8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pure, May 31, 2006.

1. Pure

Pure Regular Member

Hi guys
    I’m currently using TI-10. I really love the power and feeling it offers. I had been using MP-99 for a period of time and I didn’t enjoy it at all as I couldn’t generate much power as with my TI-10. But with my TI-10, I do have problems retrieving smashes as well as executing net shot. I wonder if the two rackets would help a bit on that. I play double mainly but single occasionally. Would someone give me some advices on choosing the above rackets? Thank you very much.

2. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

ns8000 will give you more power (head heavy) and more accuracy (solid feel core) but no netshot or defense unless you go for 4U. Overall, it's a good racket for effensive doubles.

as for at700, for me it's a racket for singles. Good for clears (including backhand) because it's head heavy and flexible. As for power, defense and accuracy, it's medium.

Cheers

3. Volts

Volts Regular Member

^ i thought Nanospeed 8000 were light-head and never came out in 4U

4. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

Sorry I was making a relative comparison to his Ti-10 and mp99. NS8000 stated that it's extra stiff but it's less stiff than mp99 which is stated as "stiff" only. If you compare the head heaviness with the two rackets, it's in between however ns8000 generates more power. That's why I said it's head heavy. As for 4u, you were right, they never made it which is too bad in my opinion. (that's why I use ns7000 which is true head light and performs great for netshots :))

5. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Nanospeed 8000 is head light even balance. I own one. It has a great feel but by taking into consideration that you play mainly doubles and love your Ti-10. I would strongly strongly recommend that you try the new Ti-10. It's slightly lighter and I think you'll love it. Since you said you love your Ti-10 except for the sluggishness and quick menuverability, I think the new Ti-10 will solve all that problem and you'll really love it. :)

Yes, I've tested it and I own a Nanospeed 8000... I love my nano8000 but the looks of it, the new Ti-10 seems to work better for you.

Cheers

6. snoopy

snoopy Regular Member

i find the ns8000 is very good for defence, head light and very quick. power is ok but not on par with the at700 which is very powerful.i also find the at700 very good for defence, but no as good as the ns8000.

7. quach

quach Regular Member

agree with snoopy