User Tag List

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ash
    You know that new shuttle brand (the white tube ones) we've been trying, last nights batch i thought we're pretty good, better then any epsilon, yonex or RSL i've every use. i had some intensive smashing games and it heldup well. Some of the new guys gave it possitive feed back as well.
    How tubes of them do you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I only have 14 tubes left. They are Victor brand (champion green No 3 model). Apparently they are the ones used in tournaments. It's funny you mentioned this as I tried 2 types last night. One with speed 76 (slower) and speed 77 (normal for our weather), most people liked the 77. The 76 speed people said they couldn't smash as hard but the rallies were much longer. I have only the 76 speed left but what I will do is bend the tip of 4 of the feathers inwards to increase the shuttle speed next week.

In regards to the longevity, I have played at a few different venues lately and our shuttles seem to last a lot longer than other places. I played in Flemmington last week and they have 3 courts (we have 4), they play for 3.5 hours (like us) and their standard is not dissimilar to us. They go through 5 tubes of epsilon yellow each session. We go through about 2 tubes per session! I do steam our shuttles a few days before so that the feathers are not as brittle. Have you noticed that the feathers of our shuttles do not break off as often.

Quote Originally Posted by vienb
    Hey ash
    You know that new shuttle brand (the white tube ones) we've been trying, last nights batch i thought we're pretty good, better then any epsilon, yonex or RSL i've every use. i had some intensive smashing games and it heldup well. Some of the new guys gave it possitive feed back as well.
    How tubes of them do you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is quite an ingenious to do. How do you actually steam the shuttles? I would like to try that too!

I do steam our shuttles a few days before so that the feathers are not as brittle. Have you noticed that the feathers of our shuttles do not break off as often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are various methods you could use but this is the one I find works best for me :

1) I choose a pot with a lid with a hole in it.
    2) Boil water until steam comes out of the hole
    3) Get a tube of shuttles and open both ends
    4) Put the end with the feathers about 10cms from the hole with steam coming out
    5) once steam is coming out from the top at a steady stream (about 20 seconds) turn the tube around
    6) wait for a steady stream of steam to come out of the top end
    7) seal both ends of tube and store with the cork pointing up.

Note : you should do this at least one day before using otherwise you will be playing with wet shuttles.

By the way Gingera, you may not need to do this in Singapore as the weather is quite humid. The reason for steaming is to put moisture back into the feathers so they are not as brittle which can occur with long storage.

Quote Originally Posted by gingera
    That is quite an ingenious to do. How do you actually steam the shuttles? I would like to try that too!

I do steam our shuttles a few days before so that the feathers are not as brittle. Have you noticed that the feathers of our shuttles do not break off as often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default steaming

Yeah those shuttles last night did well I think.

Man that movie was not as good as I thought, but had to watch it to the end For those that missed it - an army guy was going to the shop, and found all these police outside, he saw his wife's car there too, found out his wife and daughter were held hostage inside. He just walks up to the guy inside, gets shot a few times, and his wife/daughter get killed. He wakes up in hospital, then to track down the killer, he is tricked by a cop that was the killer's boss, skip a few boring hours and the cop gets pushed off a skyscraper and lands on a piano - the end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What movie was that Robbo77? and with all that shooting and killing how could you say it was a boring movie :P
    And watching a guy fall off a "skyscraper and lands on a piano" is worth double the ticket fee i say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vienb ... what a kfc' regular customer you are ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default bad movies and KFC mix well

Well you are right there, action is action...But this was a really badly made film. I even felt there was like 2 second glitches where one scene he was on a bike a few blocks away and next second he is upstairs in this building, but the scene at the time was continuing on with the other characters there - hard to explain, but believe me when I say it was not made by Spielberg.

AS for KFC - Vien didn't you read my anti-KFC boycott pamphlet? POOR CHICKENS wELL tasty anyways HEHEHEHEHE

What movie was that Robbo77? and with all that shooting and killing how could you say it was a boring movie :P
    And watching a guy fall off a "skyscraper and lands on a piano" is worth double the ticket fee i say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default black marks on the court

Hey Ash

I just read a post of Chris, saying he received a letter from the owner of the stadium complaining about black marks on the court. I saw those really bad scuff marks a few weeks back. I am thinking it is those players from that 4-6pm club who play before us, or a few of those beginner players at our club. Either way, can you have a word to them or our club might be getting accused of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Robbo77,

We actually reported to the owners as we saw it before we started playing a couple of weeks ago. They recently sent a message to all groups using the gym to use only non-marking soles.

If any of our members notice black marks on the surface please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77
    Hey Ash

I just read a post of Chris, saying he received a letter from the owner of the stadium complaining about black marks on the court. I saw those really bad scuff marks a few weeks back. I am thinking it is those players from that 4-6pm club who play before us, or a few of those beginner players at our club. Either way, can you have a word to them or our club might be getting accused of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, I'll be moving to melbourne in July and would like to join your badminton group. is the venue easily reached if I'm travelling from the CBD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi irving,

thanks for your interest in joining our social club. as some of our player reside in cbd of melbourne, we will be happy to give you lift on the day. please just let us know once you arrive here.

cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey
    How many of you guys, gals and possums are entering in the upcoming kilsyth City of Melbourne tournament and in which event?
    If anyone has an entry form or even contact details of the organisers can they forward it to me or post it here.
    thanks bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try here:
    http://www.mdba.com.au/
    Click on the "Information" tab on the menu on the left, and you'll find the entry form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sent it to your email. Don't forget that the closing date is this Friday 16/6/06. I think quite a few people from our club will be entering the tournament but I don't think I will be entering. What will you be playing - singles, double & mixed ?

Hey
    How many of you guys, gals and possums are entering in the upcoming kilsyth City of Melbourne tournament and in which event?
    If anyone has an entry form or even contact details of the organisers can they forward it to me or post it here.
    thanks bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default City of Kilsyth tournament

Hi Vien

Yes there will be a lot of Titan players going to the tournament. If all goes well, I am planning to play B singles, C doubles and B mixed.

I won B doubles and B mixed last year. Stupid me decided to play A grade singles (well I won ONE match hehe )

I don't like the courts there (pretty hard and can be a little slippery) Its always very cold there too!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey is there social on saturday 1st of July? or will it be close cause everyone or most people playing in the Kilsyth tournament?

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast