User Tag List

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 443 to 459 of 1309
  1. #443
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keenweisam View Post
    Ok I'm going to remove myself from this conversation.
    signing off.
    =-Greg
    Good .. thats one whinger gone .. now how do i get Ashley to remove himself from his own thread

  2. #444
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah that sux, why was I the only trophy hunter banned from C/D grade - just coz I won D grade singles/doubles and C mixed, doesn't mean I can do that 2 years in a row hehehe!

    We have set a precedent, time to move on to another state

    Well Yum Cha was the highlight of my VIC OPEN weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Man talk about trophy hunters, never seen so many people trying to throw their first game to get into a lower grade.
    .. and what the heck with the Victorian Graded this year .. never played such a tough C or D grade before ... flooded with trophy hunters this year ... and the only trophy hunter entry into C/D grade rejected was Anthony .. and in future also me ... after winning the C single Loke Poh, shook and held on to my hands, pull me closer, gave me a stare and said "Congradulation, BUT Never email asking if you can enter in C or D again"

    P.S. I'm having Yum cha tomorrow with my team mates from WSBA, you can join us if you want.

  3. #445
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Poor Vien got picked on so much - I barely got one whinge.

    The trick is I am old, only allowed to play once or twice a week and don't take the game too seriously win or lose.

    I threw my first game against some kid so I didn't have to play A grade singles. Then what happen? I lost my next game in B grade against I guy I have beaten before Its all karma, one day you are a C grader, next day you are a B grader, I am in a type of badminton void Waiting for the Veterans competition, only 4 years to go

    Seriously, I agree with Shy, Vien played some tough matches in C singles and Vincent lost in the semis, and he beat me at Ballarat, so Vien FULLY DESERVES the C grade singles trophy - well done Vien!

    Now on a lighter note, Vien and I will challenge anyone reading these posts (except those Monash girls) to a match for $$$. That is right, you pay us to either win against you, or lose against you

  4. #446
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77 View Post
    Poor Vien got picked on so much - I barely got one whinge.

    The trick is I am old, only allowed to play once or twice a week and don't take the game too seriously win or lose.

    I threw my first game against some kid so I didn't have to play A grade singles. Then what happen? I lost my next game in B grade against I guy I have beaten before Its all karma, one day you are a C grader, next day you are a B grader, I am in a type of badminton void Waiting for the Veterans competition, only 4 years to go

    Seriously, I agree with Shy, Vien played some tough matches in C singles and Vincent lost in the semis, and he beat me at Ballarat, so Vien FULLY DESERVES the C grade singles trophy - well done Vien!

    Now on a lighter note, Vien and I will challenge anyone reading these posts (except those Monash girls) to a match for $$$. That is right, you pay us to either win against you, or lose against you
    Anthony ... i dont get out of bed for less then $$$$$$$$

  5. #447
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, CBD
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just throw in KFC and Vien will get outta bed for free

  6. #448
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just when it look like there was going to be a trophy drought in July .. along comes the 4th Titans Vs Southern Star interclub comp ... and this time its personal

    ... and with so many of the SS players recently falling for the trappings of marriage and/or parenting hood .. Titans got the advantage this time round

    ... and if Ashley be a little good organiser and put me in the section 4 team as he was told :P .. i might be able to get my sixth trophy for "09 ............. and for the record this can not be considered "Trophy Hunting" .... even section 4 in a Titans Vs SS must be considered B+ grade .. so i better not read about any one whinging

  7. #449
    Regular Member ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I won't be giving you clues which section you are playing. In any case the nice shiny steel trophy won't be too easy to get hold of. You will have to earn it.

    Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Just when it look like there was going to be a trophy drought in July .. along comes the 4th Titans Vs Southern Star interclub comp ... and this time its personal

    ... and with so many of the SS players recently falling for the trappings of marriage and/or parenting hood .. Titans got the advantage this time round

    ... and if Ashley be a little good organiser and put me in the section 4 team as he was told :P .. i might be able to get my sixth trophy for "09 ............. and for the record this can not be considered "Trophy Hunting" .... even section 4 in a Titans Vs SS must be considered B+ grade .. so i better not read about any one whinging

  8. #450
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're right it wont be a easy trophy to get hold of ... since there's so many trophy hunters on both side, and both the organisers are trophy hunters themself .. i swear Ash .. if you and Soul both put each other in a lower section then me ... i will be giving the ultimate almighty Gorden Ramsey spray

    ..and for the record I have earned and deserved every trophy i've won

  9. #451
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    GOOD NEWS! My mixed doubles career is back on track. Just got a call from Bek saying she is giving up her capoeira and returning to her true sport - badminton So watch out Lok Poh, I am entering C grade at the Monash as Bek has been a retired vic junior state player for a few years now

  10. #452
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its done ... the challenge has been posted in a new thread .. now we sit and wait for the challengers

  11. #453
    Regular Member ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you can sit back and wait for verbal abuse from the veterans (I don't think the juniors will respond as most Gen Y's are a bit shy or lazy)

    Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Its done ... the challenge has been posted in a new thread .. now we sit and wait for the challengers

  12. #454
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    I think you can sit back and wait for verbal abuse from the veterans (I don't think the juniors will respond as most Gen Y's are a bit shy or lazy)
    Thats why I've outsmarted all those geriatrics by framing one of their own .. Carl
    .. its a known contrive fact that old people are afraid of the internet and even more afraid of web posting ... so I'm safe .. otherwise i will really have to renew my passport so that i can fly and hide over in Brazil till this all blows over

  13. #455
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    I think you can sit back and wait for verbal abuse from the veterans (I don't think the juniors will respond as most Gen Y's are a bit shy or lazy)
    Oi, I'm Gen Y!

  14. #456
    Regular Member ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anjoooo View Post
    Oi, I'm Gen Y!
    See what I mean, only one response out of thousands of Gen Y's at Badminton Central.

  15. #457
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well this Gen Yers voice is a loud one, so I'll respond for the other thousand or so of us here at BC

  16. #458
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lazy one line postings ... yep that really sums up generation Y, lets pin all our hopes on the next generation, Z or what ever generation come after that. Cause Y is a write off, a generation humanity will quickly forget and forever denied ever existed for out of embarrassment

  17. #459
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha! that is funny, we can laugh as we are the productive and complaining Generation X

    Don't worry guys, it is roughly time that Generation X are producing mini-X generation, so that will make up for the lazy, always using spell checkers, twitter addicted, do nothings Gen Yérs

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CCC Badminton: CATS@Waverley Wed 7:30pm-10:00pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 377
    : 02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
  2. Glen Waverley Fridays 8:00pm-10:30pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 544
    : 03-03-2007, 11:52 AM
  3. CCC Badminton: Social@Waverley Fri 8:00pm-10:30pm
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 300
    : 11-24-2006, 08:38 PM
  4. Replies: 123
    : 08-29-2006, 12:13 AM
  5. Glen Waverley Saturdays 6.30-9.30
    By Robbo77 in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 8
    : 06-01-2006, 09:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •