User Tag List

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    Even I am impressed by your Trophy Hunting skills. Going all the way to SA to get a trophy.

We should add this event to our Titans calendar next year. A few people have already expressed their interest in going to SA and stopping you getting any more trophies.
    What can i say going to S.A was better for me then going to Ballarat
    Cost $5000+ for Ballarat with no trophy to show.
    Cost only $500 for S.A. and got a trophy, also left many defeated and shattered opponents in my wake

The only bad thing from the trip .. the motel bed, couldnt sleep on it, blanket to tightly tugged into the mattress, pillow hard as .. and also bad food from a petrol station store gave me the run on the friday night, only managed 1 hour sleep before the saturday games .. yet still able to kick me some interstate butt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOO MUCH DETAIL! And I was the poor guy sharing that toilet

The only bad thing from the trip .. the motel bed, couldnt sleep on it, blanket to tightly tugged into the mattress, pillow hard as .. and also bad food from a petrol station store gave me the run on the friday night, only managed 1 hour sleep before the saturday games .. yet still able to kick me some interstate butt [/quote]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grrrrrrrr NEXT time, 'someone' can WARN me:

1. I am telling jokes to the wrong audience who are about to lynch me
    2. Paying ridiculous amounts of money for some tiny bites of Korean food in a DESERTED restaurant
    3. SA oceans are actually $%#@ FREEZING COLD at nighttime in winter

Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Yeap .. heres my advert for the SA trip

Petrol for going to Adelaide $50
    2 night accommodation at a beach view motel $100
    Entry fee $50
    Korean BBQ restaurant $50
    New pair of Yonex 101 limited edition $190
    Watching Anthony trying to tell lesbian jokes to lesbians ... priceless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile The Story

It all started with two noble and brave Victorian adventurers setting out to bring civility to the savages of South Australia.

Not phased by the disaster of our last road trip, we once again geared up and hit the open road in my Toyota Camery with its new engine …. with full engine oil this time.

50km out of Melbourne we reached our first milestone … the break down point of our last badminton endeavour.

Name:  trip1.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  60.6 KB

Shortly after that we made our first stop for lunch at a country town, and tried our luck at this lottery place with a few quick picks … unfortunately the best we got was 2 numbers and 1 sub

Name:  trip2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  64.0 KB

As the blanket of night draped over us, the radio coverage fading away and Anthony’s hill billy tune humming intensify. Call it youthful curiosity or call long distance boredom madness but we decided to take a detour south to a place marked “Green Swamp” on the map.
    After many miles driving along a narrowed dirt track, we reached the mysterious green swamp …. Which by all account was just a small grass paddock. Let our mistake be a communal lesson .. green swamp is not worth a detour.

Name:  trip2a.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  61.2 KB

Below a quick snap of my eBay purchase GPS that got us to Adelaide, at the half way point.

Name:  trip2b.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  65.0 KB

Our journey brings us to the gates of hell …

Name:  trip3.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  20.8 KB

And in this hellish place call South Australia, there were giant Koala with glowing red eyes, and this the 8th wonder of the world … the jewel of South Australia … wow .. be prepared to be amazed and in awed … a jeep on a pole.

Name:  trip4.jpg
Size:  49.6 KB

The place we stayed at …

Name:  trip5.jpg
Size:  57.9 KB

The beach opposite the accommodation with the freezing cold water that we dipped our feet in after Saturdays competition as part of the recovery process… which was extremely painful but actually worked.

Name:  trip6.jpg
Size:  47.0 KB

Anthony outside the badminton stadium

Name:  trip7.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  67.0 KB

Us inside the stadium amongst all those natives of South Australia … and everything we’ve heard about them are true they did have two heads and tail.
    Photo was taken by Ann who was the first familiar face we recognise inside the stadium .. and judging by her greeting of “What the hell are you two idiots doing here?” shows that she was obviously very happy and excited to see us.

In between games whilst browsing around we uncovered a dark secret about our Monash uni friend Jun, she’s one of them, a South Australian .. it does explains a lot of things about her … and to think a week ago at the Yonex Gran Prix I almost had her rubbing ointment on me … to think I almost had a South Australian touch me .. the germs and disease I could of contracted J

Name:  trip9.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  64.1 KB

Us collecting our winner’s trophy before leaving the South Australia on Sunday

Name:  trip10.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  65.3 KB

Omission:
    To keep this posting PG and to protect Anthony from his wife vengeance, the following part of the trip was omitted.

What we did Saturday night when we went to Adelaide City for dinner and the trip back.

But if you guys are interested just quietly ask us about..how Anthony making enemies with a lesbot gang, Elephant girl, my fail attempt at hooking up with Valez, the Korean BBQ dinner, the dancing blonde in the car park, the mini skirt feast at the milk shake place, our encounter with the Russian mafia, Anthony’s get rich quick schemes/scams, the steam in the car, the food poisoning…. Heck this has been one full on trip
    Last edited by vienb; 08-10-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please elaborate on the failed attempt with Valez. Did you tell her you were the one who called out to her during the Yonex Grand Prix ? And where is this picture you promised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes a great journey to SA, and REMEMBER - what stays on the badminton trip, stays on the badminton trip

But if you guys are interested just quietly ask us about..how Anthony making enemies with a lesbot gang, Elephant girl, my fail attempt at hooking up with Valez, the Korean BBQ dinner, the dancing blonde in the car park, the mini skirt feast at the milk shake place, our encounter with the Russian mafia, Anthony’s get rich quick schemes/scams, the steam in the car, the food poisoning…. Heck this has been one full on trip
    [/quote]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No Social Badminton This Saturday

Due to our Interclub Match with Southern Star this Saturday, no social badminton will be held. A total of 40 players will be taking part!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

minus one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77 View Post
    minus one
    Not sure what you mean ??? Are you not allowed to play in the Interclub match ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toni will be angry at you Ash, thinking that piggy picture was her hahaha! No that piggy picture means I think I got swine flu and not well enough to play in the match, unless you put me in section 4

Not sure what you mean ??? Are you not allowed to play in the Interclub match ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ready for Monash Graded

This is the shirt I'll be wearing to play at Monash Graded this year
    Just got it ordered online, and will be ready in 9 days ... tell me if you want one too .. i can order extra

FRONT:
    Name:  front.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  10.8 KB

BACK:
    Name:  back.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  9.6 KB
    * Listing all the trophies I've won in 2009 so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is WAY too much effort Vien!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77 View Post
    that is WAY too much effort Vien!
    .. I was inspired by that Target T-Shirt ad , and beside I'm reading the writing on the wall .. so if this is going to be my last trophy hunting year then I want a memento to remember it .. 2009 has been a good year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Results from Interclub Match Vs Southern Star

Although Titans won convincingly, many games were very close especially in Open and B Grades. A number of Southern Star (SS) players could not make and that gave us a slight advantage.

The overall result was :

Open Grade : SS - 5 games (534 points) beat Titans - 5 games (518 points)
    A Grade : Titans - 9 games (596 points) BEAT SS - 1 game (425 points)
    B Grade : Titans - 5 games (544 points) BEAT SS - 5 games (500 points)
    C Grade : Titans - 9 games (592 points) BEAT SS - 1 game (360 points)

Individual scores will be emailed to participants only.

Name:  TitansSS.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  80.4 KB

Winners of the Best Players Trophys goes to :

Name:  Trophy01.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  67.6 KB

Open Grade : Leo (SS) and Leong (Titans)
    A Grade : Mag (Titans) and Kevin (Titans)
    B Grade : Steve (SS) and Vincent (Titans)
    C Grade : Carl (Titans) and James (Titans)

Well done to the above players and thank you to all the participants for making it a great event. Thank you Irvan for hosting the tournament at SS and Jimmy for organising the SS players. There has already been discussion for a rematch in November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That interclub match was rigged ... i didnt get a trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    That interclub match was rigged ... i didnt get a trophy
    You had a good chance of getting a trophy. I'm in the same boat as you, came third. Trophies only went to the top 2 players in each grade. Better luck in November when the rematch will be played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had a good chance of getting a trophy. I'm in the same boat as you, came third. Trophies only went to the top 2 players in each grade. Better luck in November when the rematch will be played.
    OK, but for the rematch i want to be in C grade .. cant let that POM Carl win another trophy

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast