User Tag List

Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    yep, it might take some adjusting and it'd be nice to help someone who's going through the same things. with all the friendly forumers out here, badminton should be one of the least of your problems.

direction finding in melbourne is generally easy. i've found www.whereis.com.au to be very useful. although public transport is reasonably good, getting to use a car is a MUST so try to get your vehicle and license issues sorted out as soon as you make the move.

getting a job is another matter altogether. unless you have an in-demand skill that is not easily available here, it would take quite a while or a lot of luck to secure a full time job. if you would like to know more about my own experience feel free to PM me, but what i can share on this forum is this - even while you're jobless, do continue the badminton (beg, borrow or steal if there is no money) ... it could be crucial to maintain sanity
    If you're jobless and need money mug Carl .. He's a rich English Lord Governor, might even be related to Queen Elizabeth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Obiviously played when Carl and Ashley wasnt there, thats why you "had good fun"
    yeah maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does your girlfriend know you frequent these establishments ?

Forget the Korean restaurants .. there's a couple of good Korean "massage" parlour you take him to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    Does your girlfriend know you frequent these establishments ?
    Its a good thing she rarely plays badminton or read any badminton forum, else i would be in BIG TROUBLE
    .. Besides all i know about these places is what Carl and you tell me about them .. Carl allegedly recommends visiting these establishment before a tournament as part of a warm up ritual .. it works for Tiger Woods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean she has actually plays badminton once in a while ? Are you and QA entering as a team in the Ballarat tournament ? Let me know if you do enter so I can enter in the same grade and show QA that you are all talk.

Its a good thing she rarely plays badminton or read any badminton forum, else i would be in BIG TROUBLE
    .. Besides all i know about these places is what Carl and you tell me about them .. Carl allegedly recommends visiting these establishment before a tournament as part of a warm up ritual .. it works for Tiger Woods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean she has actually plays badminton once in a while ? Are you and QA entering as a team in the Ballarat tournament ? Let me know if you do enter so I can enter in the same grade and show QA that you are all talk.
    Yeap, we'll be entering in D mix. If your big ego, pride or belly doesnt get in the way .. come down and join us in D grade ... and get your tubby Azzzzz kicked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    yep, it might take some adjusting and it'd be nice to help someone who's going through the same things. with all the friendly forumers out here, badminton should be one of the least of your problems.

direction finding in melbourne is generally easy. i've found www.whereis.com.au to be very useful. although public transport is reasonably good, getting to use a car is a MUST so try to get your vehicle and license issues sorted out as soon as you make the move.

getting a job is another matter altogether. unless you have an in-demand skill that is not easily available here, it would take quite a while or a lot of luck to secure a full time job. if you would like to know more about my own experience feel free to PM me, but what i can share on this forum is this - even while you're jobless, do continue the badminton (beg, borrow or steal if there is no money) ... it could be crucial to maintain sanity
    Thanks for your advise! I will see how thing goes, hopefully manage to secure a job b4 leaving to Oz which i'm quite in doubt. BTW, I'm not PR at the moment, only carrying 457 visa & intend to apply PR after i reach Oz. But looking at the new policy enforcement, i'm not sure whether will impact my PR application.

You're the first person ever to say i made them feel welcome .. i guess my bias against foreigners (especially against POM) and interstate people doesnt show

Great that you're just "an ordinary badminton player" .. this means that we'll be a legitimate C grade double .. and no complaints from other players to the organisers/officials
    Oh...really? then i better take back my words!

Forget the Korean restaurants .. there's a couple of good Korean "massage" parlour you take him to
    Vienb, I'm not really into MP but i do agree with you it does helps to improve the game & perform better if you massage b4 the game especially winning a tournament

What about the age system handicap .. if you're under 30 and fit, we'll have to team you up with Carl or Ashley ... both are considered to be a much heavier burden then tying a chair to your back
    Hey! i'm above 30 and unfit! my weight is >100kg....imagine

totally agree! coz i did that most of the time.

Yeap, we'll be entering in D mix. If your big ego, pride or belly doesnt get in the way .. come down and join us in D grade ... and get your tubby Azzzzz kicked
    All the best! u seems like swept most of the tournament you participated, must learn from you when i'm there
    Last edited by eugene; 02-10-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

tsk tsk, minimum C grade at Ballarat Open

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eugene View Post
    I dont need to image .. you're like the Malaysian version of Ashley then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShyYen View Post
    tsk tsk, minimum C grade at Ballarat Open
    C grade mix it is then ................... are you going to look for a male partner to enter in C mix as well Shy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're lucky you logged in sooner than me. I would've made a similar comment regarding your size.

I dont need to image .. you're like the Malaysian version of Ashley then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballarat Tournament

This year the Ballarat Tournament is being held on Sunday the 28th March!!!

Entry form is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're lucky you logged in sooner than me. I would've made a similar comment regarding your size.
    Alright, let's see when the time comes! sob...sob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year the Ballarat Tournament is being held on Sunday the 28th March!!!

Entry form is attached.
    So does this change our plans .. are we going down to Ballarat Saturday instead of Friday now? And what does that mean for our side trips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess our itinerary is now :

1) Have lunch and meet at your place
    2) do the side trips on Saturday afternoon
    3) have dinner at the steak place we eyed last time we were there
    4) rest for the night
    5) play tournament and pick up our trophies
    6) once everyone is finished (around 4pm), head back to Melbourne for tea

But for you Vien it probably will be :

1) Have lunch and meet at your place
    2) Attemp to drive to the side trip location, but GPS takes you via Ballarat first
    3) have 3 servings of pasta to build up your carbs
    4) set up bed in living room, rest but get woken up by Aidan every 2 hours
    5) play tournament but complain you are too tired to play at your full potential, due to having a bloated stomach from eating too much pasta and not getting enough sleep. Thus another year heading home with no trophies.
    6) Start to head back to Melbourne but car will stop for some stupid reason that is avoidable (no petrol, dead battery or no spare wheel)

So does this change our plans .. are we going down to Ballarat Saturday instead of Friday now? And what does that mean for our side trips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=ashley;1366621]... quote]

To end my 3 years of bad luck and trophy drought in Ballarat ... i will this year ..

1) Not stay in the same accommodation as any baby, infant or Englishmen
    2) Get there earlier so i can get a full nights sleep
    3) Either have the car service before going or car pooling with someone whom has a reliable car ... maybe with the POM since he seems to know something about cars working Ford and all
    4) Be careful about what i eat 24hours before the comp .. no junk, nothing that'll give me the runs .... so on.

Year of the tiger is my year to pounce on a Ballarat trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eugene, i suppose you'd still have a good chance on your PR app since you've already gotten a 457 (which should mean your occupation is in demand here). to maximise your job chances, make sure your resume (besides being grammatically and semantically flawless) complies to the australian format - very different from how it is done in mas!

whatever your current fitness level is, if you have to use the melbourne public transport to get around it can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by eugene View Post
    Thanks for your advise! I will see how thing goes, hopefully manage to secure a job b4 leaving to Oz which i'm quite in doubt. BTW, I'm not PR at the moment, only carrying 457 visa & intend to apply PR after i reach Oz. But looking at the new policy enforcement, i'm not sure whether will impact my PR application.

Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast